Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ???

+2
Barbara101
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 Cranberryoatmealpancakes425b

cranberry oatmeal pancakes.

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 Cranberryorangemuffins300

cranberry orange muffins.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice, Barb....VERY nice.

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 Day3ofSnowStorm1-12-11045

cool morning calls for some more oatmeal..Plus I am to lazy to fix something else.Embarassed 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nothin' lazy about that yummy bowl of goodness, Barb! One of these days your oatmeal pics are gonna get to me and I'm going to have to go out an buy some oatmeal to cook. I always had a container of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats in the pantry in Ohio but here I haven't made any oatmeal cookies so there's none. I use to cook my oatmeal in the microwave in about 3 minutes....don't think it would work with steel cut oats but cooked the old fashioned Quaker oatmeal just fine.

I made bacon, eggs and baby potato cakes this morning. I've been hungry for potato pancakes ever since Norm made them for supper one evening not so long ago.

Only problem is when you make a grated potato pancake you have to use a whole potato and a whole egg....I ended up frying up 22 baby cakes....Darn. Now I'll have to freeze the rest and heat them in the toaster oven another morning and hope they don't get too soggy......(if you could just see the regret on my face for knowing I'll just have to eat more of those baby cakes....I look so sad ~ NOT !)

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 Brkfst102713

Barbara101

Barbara101

.don't think it would work with steel cut oats but cooked the old fashioned Quaker oatmeal just fine.

I bought Quaker oats at costco. October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 652761166 so you know I years of oats.

But I do buy & use steel cut the most.I have several brands.2 in the can,Mc Canns. Hodson Mill.
Made the mistake of putting it the rice maker October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 1562938848 will not ever do that again.
I have cooked it the slow cooker.works great.

I have also par boiled & let it soak overnight & then made it the next morning.That is a time saver.

My DD buys those packets October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 411572088 full of junk & sugar. Not to mention $$$$.Boys do like my oatmeal so they can eat that crap at home..

Barbara101

Barbara101

your breakfast looks great.I would not have the energy to make those potato in the morning lol.I do well to chop/slice ones for fried.
and you only had 2 slices bacon.. October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 1838020472 jocolor I would have had 1/2 lb.that is why I don't have it around that much any more.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:and you only had 2 slices bacon.. October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 1838020472 jocolor I would have had 1/2 lb.that is why I don't have it around that much any more.
Oh, I could EASILY get down 5 or 6 slices....but I don't need that much fat & salt (as if the meal I just ate was a healthy, low calorie breakfast....hahahahaha)

But since bacon is getting so expensive, when I do purchase it I separate it on plastic wrap in a single layer and freeze & then "fold" it up and wrap in foil so I can pull out one or two slices at a time. That's why you'll see my omelettes with just a sprinkle of little bacon bits ~ I can pull just one slice to crisp up either in the pan or microwave.

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 Bacon2

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 Brkfst102513

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 IMG_4263

found a bag of Bobs Red Mill gluten free flour in the fridge.was fixin to toss it,it was old,then decided to see how makes pancakes..

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 3267860543 October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 4 635107192 so good.even with the sugar free syrup..

bethk

bethk
Admin

You're makin' me hungry for a big griddle full of the baby cakes - I like to make the "silver dollar" size pancakes and take my time to be sure they are all properly buttered, then syrup on some and jelly on others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum