Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

251 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 pm

bethk

Admin
Did you make those with ground roasted chicken, Barb???

Just kiddin' ! LOL

I went to the square with friends this afternoon for the Octoberfest Parade and we sat out on a restaurant patio and shared a bunch of appetizers & drinks late afternoon. So, breakfast and appy was it for the day.

252 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:33 pm

bethk

Admin
I had a bit of leftover chicken nuggets/fingers from whatever night so I thought I'd just toss together an oriental chicken salad like the ones I get when I go to Applebee's. Since there wasn't a whole lot of chicken I added a hard cooked egg to up my protein....I should certainly stay full until supper now.

253 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I had a bit of leftover chicken nuggets/fingers from whatever night so I thought I'd just toss together an oriental chicken salad like the ones I get when I go to Applebee's.  Since there wasn't a whole lot of chicken I added a hard cooked egg to up my protein....I should certainly stay full until supper now.

Does look good Beth!... I wish that the KFC would bring back the Popcorn Chicken. They were so crunchy and well cooked, I actually ate the whole container.
They stopped making them, and Tina bought me the chicken fingers. Nope, they were Not Crisp and were wet inside.

I could really go for small wings baked in the oven. Hmmmmm!!

254 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Barbara101

255 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:16 pm

bethk

Admin
I, too, got the "chicken today" memo. Those who did not need to sign up on the sheet in the kitchen ~

Grilled breast, asparagus & some rice pilaf that is more pilaf than rice.....lol

256 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Chick Chick....everybody made chick chick.

Tina made me a mushroom linguini with wine sauce.
No tomato diced, but Tina said it needs it. Too sticky.

I took pics...and most of my pics are gone. disappeared somewhere in the computer.?????

257 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Barbara101

I happened to have 2 chicken carcass. so instead of tossing them out,I simmered them on the stove for 4 hrs.Made broth.Then decided to make soup..  

258 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:17 pm

bethk

Admin
Gee, where did you find TWO chicken carcass' to boil???

Hahahahahaha.......bet you don't pull that one again any time soon ~ got to get back to cooking for one.

259 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:49 pm

NormM

We had Louisiana Killer shrimp for dinner along with shrimp sauce, a Latin style salad and dressing with fresh lime & orange juices, olive oil, garlic, oregano and red wine vinegar. We also had some deviled eggs and pumpernickel swirl bread. Dessert was store bought chocolate pudding cake which isn't pictured.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

260 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:08 am

bethk

Admin
Wow, Norm, that is a gorgeous spread! I can almost taste it all!

261 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Norm. The Killer Shrimp looks great. I just have to make it again.
With a recipe like that, I believe it is more fitting in the cooler weather. Ha...It certainly warms the innards.

262 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:00 am

Crybaby

Norm, your entire meal looked delicious but I was particularly taken with your Latin style salad. Looked so tasty. Wish Brian would eat corn...

263 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 am

NormM

Here are the ingredients to the Latin salad. The red onions are too harsh until I soak them in ice water for a few hours.

Salad dressing

1/4 C. fresh squeezed orange juice
1/4C. fresh squeezed lime juice
1/3 C. olive oil
1/4 C. red wine vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp. sugar
1/3 C finely chopped fresh oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Salad

2 ears corn, or equal frozen, thawed
2 avocados peeled, pitted and dice large
8 or 9 cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, large dice
1 C. cooked, drained red beans
handful mixed herbs greens

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

264 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:00 pm

bethk

Admin
I really like the citrus-y sound of that dressing.

I've copied & saved ~ Thanks!

265 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I am online with three computers, but Comcast is being an @$$. It is windy out, and when the Wind Blows, So Does Comcast ( My Internet Service )

Pierogies tonight that Tina bought at the Ukrainian Church over in Great Meadows. I'll see if the speed picks up, and I'll post pics if I can.

Tina is in Lancaster, PA with our friend Mary to see the production of "Noah" at the Sight and Sound Theater There.
I saw it once...so that is why I am here. I have enough animals to take care of. Hope It Don't Rain. LOL

266 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Crybaby

NormM wrote:Here are the ingredients to the Latin salad. The red onions are too harsh until I soak them in ice water for a few hours.
Thanks, Norm.  I copied it but I have to tell you we've never met an onion that was too harsh.  Bet it would be good with black beans as well.  I even copied the pic with the recipe, as it's sooo pretty!

We just planted some mixed baby lettuce seeds in the raised garden a couple of days ago so once some of that starts coming up, this is on the menu for sure. Again, thank you.

267 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:12 pm

bethk

Admin
Cool weather always makes me think I'm hungry for comfort food ~ so tonight was ham & scalloped potatoes, broccoli & a "fresh" dinner roll (straight from the grocery bakery).

268 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Cool weather always makes me think I'm hungry for comfort food ~ so tonight was ham & scalloped potatoes, broccoli & a "fresh" dinner roll (straight from the grocery bakery).

Looks great Beth... It took 2 minutes to get here with Comcast.

I will add... Mary is here with Tina, and they just got back from Lancaster, PA. They went to see the production of Noah, at the Sight and Sound Theater.
They bought carts of extra large eggs 1.36 a dozen. They got cauliflower large heads for 1,00 a head. Pie shells, dry beans, dried corn, peas and raisins.
Acorn squash, spaghetti squash, and butternut squash. Like 20 of them.

I had pierogie for them. Cabbage steamed and buttered. Broccoli and cauliflower. Fried caramelized onions, and sour cream.
I am not waiting for this to upload pics. Grrrrrr! It takes forever.Mad 

269 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:49 am

bethk

Admin
I want to go shopping with Tina and Mary! It's always too much fun to find bargains.

270 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I want to go shopping with Tina and Mary!  It's always too much fun to find bargains.
Tina and Mary did so much shopping yesterday, they are both lazing around today to limber up the arthritic joints slowly.
Mary left for home, and Tina is making vegetable / ham soup.
Ummmm! I am thinking with bread and butter, but I better use crackers.
I wouldn't want to blow my diet.

YEAH RIGHT!!! LOL

271 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Barbara101

well I did not make Chicken pot pie from the pot of soup. I took the onions out, made a pot of brown rice , hit the food processor & made food for my 2 puppers. They are sooooooooooooooooo spoiled.

272 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:41 pm

bethk

Admin
But now they'll quit whining about you never making them anything good.....

273 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:12 pm

bethk

Admin
I had leftover scalloped potatoes & ham for my lunch.....no cooking tonight because I'm going to a production of Fiddler on the Roof by a theater group here and we'll be going out to eat before the performance.

274 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Barbara101

bethk wrote:But now they'll quit whining about you never making them anything good.....

you know the funny thing is I do not brown rice at all. I put a cup in water to soak.after 2hrs or so I threw it in the rice maker with 2 & 1/2cups of water.When it was cooked I looked at it & it was all loose & not stuck like a clump.I tasted it.It was good lol.all nutty.so they got half of it.Razz 

275 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:50 pm

bethk

Admin
and of course brown rice is twice the cost or more of white rice....

nothing but the very best for YOUR girls!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum