Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smoked Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smoked Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon Empty Smoked Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:32 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara,

Boneless chicken thighs were on sale so Brian bought a couple of family packs so we could make your smoked chicken thighs wrapped in bacon. They came out great. Brian put Mad Hunky on both sides of the thighs prior to wrapping them in bacon.

Good thing I came downstairs before he put them on the smoker 'cause when I went into the kitchen, he had 17 thighs seasoned and wrapped in bacon. I reminded him there was only two of us so we froze 8 of them and smoked nine of them. My goodness, they were good. Thanks so much for the idea!

We had them with risotto with wild mushrooms, tasso and saffron, which was a perfect side with the smoked chicken.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds great! Don't you just love getting inspiration from our friends???

Barbara101

Barbara101

I ate mine like a hog pig I did not even wait to make a side.

Smoking on this smoker is so easy.Much better for me,I don't have to add charcoal or add chips.Or baby sit the thing.

bethk

bethk
Admin

So it's like that infomercial gadget?

SET IT AND FORGET IT !!!!

lol! 

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:So it's like that infomercial gadget?

SET IT AND FORGET IT !!!!

lol! 

It really is lol.

6Smoked Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon Empty Re: Smoked Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:I ate mine like a hog pig I did not even wait to make a side.

Smoking on this smoker is so easy.Much better for me,I don't have to add charcoal or add chips.Or baby sit the thing.
We had the leftovers today -- still good. Brian did them with pecan wood and they were yummy. Next time we'll use hickory to try that out.

I thought about making a roasted red bell pepper sauce and putting that on the plate prior to adding the thighs sliced (since they were boneless, they sliced up beautifully). It would be so pretty and I'll bet that sauce would taste great with the smoked chicken and bacon. bounce 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum