Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September 11=2001

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 September 11=2001 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 am

Barbara101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPHnadJ-0hE

2 Re: September 11=2001 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 am

bethk

Admin
It's difficult to believe its been 12 years....but I remember the day well.

I was visiting DD, was watching The Today Show when the first plane was shown. I remember calling both DD and my son-in-law, telling them to turn on a TV. Both came home ASAP. My GS was at the preschool with DD, he went with her every day, even though he was just a year old...he's 13 now - in middle school. Been so long, been just yesterday....

God bless us, every one.

3 Re: September 11=2001 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 pm

NormM

I was standing in line at the Post Office when they said a plane had hit the World Trade Center. I thought they were talking about a Cessna or Piper Cub.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4 Re: September 11=2001 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I was on the roof of a 5 story building watching the plumes of smoke coming from the NYC area. My coworker was in Jersey City on a roof of a building right across from the river. She kept us updated as to what was happening over the Nextel Push to Talk company phone system; because she could see it all.

Her husband was in the city working, and she had to rescue him 3 days later. He was just stranded, and no public transportation was available those first three days or more.

5 Re: September 11=2001 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:06 am

Crybaby

Brian and I watched MSNBC on the 9/11 anniversary -- they were replaying The Today Show from the time the first plane hit. I cried so much that I had to turn it off after about 3 hours -- just too sad to watch. Every time I saw firefighters walking towards the buildings (prior to the fall), I kept thinking how so many of them wouldn't make it.

And yes, it's hard to believe it's been 12 years already.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum