Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this forum boring?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Is this forum boring? on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Barbara101

Question Question 

No one is posting.except me.Sad 

I am talking to myself.Not new ,, I do that all the time. That & my 2 'girls' I talk to. Funny they seem to know what the hack I am saying.lol

Maybe I need to step back & give it a rest..

2 Re: Is this forum boring? on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 pm

bethk

Admin
No, please, keep the chit chat going. I'm so busy getting things packed and ready to fly home this weekend and I can't do much more. DD just knocked a glass pitcher off her baker's rack...wanted to know why I put it there???

I'm so exhausted, I couldn't even push the vacuum to pick up the shards of glass....well, it WAS HER glass pitcher...she should have bought plastic....

3 Re: Is this forum boring? on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 pm

JanaAZ

I'm gone a lot and not doing much cooking lately, so I haven't been posting either. I did notice that Barb was the one and only poster lately. We do have to figure out how to liven up the site though.

Right now I don't have any ideas. I'm doing a presentation on the firewise work I'm doing and having printer problems doesn't make it go any better.

4 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:56 am

LisaSD

It's just been a busy summer for me. Between working the estate sales and working at Sur La Table and lots of family visiting me, there has barely been any time to have "fun" on a forum. Of course, it would be nice to get some of the regular members of the cooking.com forum back here to join us. What happened to Rich's forum?

5 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 am

bethk

Admin
No one really knows...just what you see when you enter the site.

6 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 am

Barbara101

What happened to Rich's forum?

HG happened to Richs forum.Then because of that The good people left.He shoot himself in the foot over that..Besides he has his smoking forum that he takes care of,That one he cares about......

7 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 am

NormM

Just before it went down, Dilbert posted an 'oh oh' about some technical overload or something like that. I wish I could be more precise but I didn't know what he was talking about. It just seemed some part of the site was filled up or messed up and needed reconfiguring and that it was a big deal.

What is HG? OH! Never mind. I figured it out.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

8 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:47 am

Barbara101

Ok I just saw on FB that the Cooking talk is shut down for good.Actually it was funny when the guy asked he asked if Netcooking talk was shut down.Rich said Yes   He doesn't even know the name of his forum.  

9 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 pm

NormM

I saw this. Sponcered by Cooked Meats and it leads back to the closed forum.
http://cookingtalkforums.com/

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

10 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Barbara101

no date on it. Wonder if that was way back when they first got it going.

11 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:52 pm

bethk

Admin
Yes, that is what was posted before Rich and Ken started the forum. The link was to take people to the site.

12 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Barbara101

he posted the news on Sept 10.

13 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:29 pm

JanaAZ

So the cookingtalkforum is closed permanently? I didn't see anything posted on facebook.

14 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm

bethk

Admin
One of these days I gotta figure out that FB stuff.  I can make my way around the Internet, for the most part, and I can email.  But I don't have a clue about FB, twitter, phone texting (for the most part) or any of the stuff where they say to "#" something.  Who came up with that name, hashtag, anyway? We always said it was the number symbol.

I just just feel so old when I watch my Grandchildren do that stuff with ease.

15 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:45 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:One of these days I gotta figure out that FB stuff.  I can make my way around the Internet, for the most part, and I can email.  But I don't have a clue about FB, twitter, phone texting (for the most part) or any of the stuff where they say to "#" something.  Who came up with that name, hashtag, anyway?  We always said it was the number symbol.

I just just feel so old when I watch my Grandchildren do that stuff with ease.
Come on over. I'll teach you all about social media. Don't forget to bring your xtra tomatoes!!!!

16 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Barbara101

JanaAZ wrote:So the cookingtalkforum is closed permanently?  I didn't see anything posted on facebook.

Ken has had "CPU time" issues and has shut CT down and concentrated on Smoked-Meat...

Rich's post to a Tim.

17 Re: Is this forum boring? on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:45 am

Crybaby

Not boring to me, B. Sometimes I too feel like I'm the only one talking but I think other people are just busy. Things will pick up once the cold weather kicks in!!

18 Re: Is this forum boring? on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:58 am

LisaSD

So Barbara, maybe you should go back and invite those people again that you sent messages to before???

19 Re: Is this forum boring? on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Crybaby

LisaSD wrote:So Barbara, maybe you should go back and invite those people again that you sent messages to before???
That's a great idea, Lisa.

20 Re: Is this forum boring? on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Barbara101

I have no email addies or I would.

21 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:37 am

Crybaby

Well, obviously a lot of people are interested as when I signed on about 30 minutes or so ago, there was me and 12 GUESTS online! 12! Most in the U.S. that I could see and one in the U.K. Cool 

22 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 am

Crybaby

Now it's me and someone from Russia and Canada!

23 Re: Is this forum boring? on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:17 am

Barbara101

hummm wonder how we invite them lol

24 Re: Is this forum boring? on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Crybaby

How are you feeling today, B? I hope you're doing better.

25 Re: Is this forum boring? on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:How are you feeling today, B?  I hope you're doing better.

yes ...thank you so much for noticing.I think allergy is kicking in.I don't suffer that much, but I can tell sumptin up. Still hot & humid..85`

No matter what I take for my back pain works. Nothing...Next up is DR for that I guess.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum