Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What??? Labor Day Already?????

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dill potato salad made. Blu cheese cole slaw made. Pasta salad made.

caramelized onions made.

It is not Labor Day & I have labored all morning.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

I need a nap Sleep 

27What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Crybaby....this is the one you're looking for....

http://www.hurstbeans.com/

When you see the package you'll recognize it right off. The last time I saw it was my local Kroger in the fall. I'll see if I can find it and if I do I'll mail it to you.
That's so sweet of you, Beth, but I can always get off my lazy butt and order them online.  

I did indeed recognize that Hurst brand, but I haven't seen it in years.  I will look closer next time I go to the store just in case I missed it.  We don't have Krogers down here but we're soon to get (finally) a Costco!

Barbara101 wrote:I make bean salad out of canned beans.
You'd love this recipe, Barbara, and cooking the mixed dried beans for a while and then draining and cooling, really makes the cooked beans take up the flavor of the salad overnight.  It's really delicious -- heck, even Brian eats it and he's really not a bean guy...

28What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:02 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I do make the dilled lemon marinated green bean salad with blanched fresh green beans, however.
This sounds delicious. I could use the haricots verts that my local market has been carrying for a while now as they blanch very quickly. I sure would appreciate your telling me what you do here, Bethola.

29What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Crybaby, I just got back from the store...they have that brand of 15-bean mix on the shelf. Just let me know if you have difficulty finding it and ill be happy to send you a couple bags.
You're too sweet, Beth. I'm going to check out another store I've been wanting to stop at and will then check online. But I so appreciate the offer -- and it's not dead in the water yet!!

30What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:08 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara wrote:Dill potato salad made. Blu cheese cole slaw made. Pasta salad made.

caramelized onions made.
People coming over or are you headed somewhere, B? That's a lot of salads and all I'd be tickled to eat!

31What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:
This sounds delicious.  I could use the haricots verts that my local market has been carrying for a while now as they blanch very quickly.  I sure would appreciate your telling me what you do here, Bethola.
The recipe is posted in sides.....

https://cookingfriends.forumotion.com/t62-green-bean-with-dill-salad

Just do not add the lemon juice until time to serve. The acid tends to discolor the beans all around the edges. I like that the garlic is just used as a flavoring agent and is removed.

32What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow!... Slept late today! Maybe cuz I went to sleep at 2 am?

Got it all figured out for Labor Day! The kids ar coming by on the way back from Boston to have....Spaghetti!
Tina is making the sauce today, and I was a s k e d to make the Meatballs. Gee, I hope I remember how??
Tina picked up those refrigerated Garlic breads in the blue tube, and so we will have them instead of Italian Bread. A salad will be made with lettuce and tomato, and onions.

Well... Let me get moving around so I can do some work around here.

33What??? Labor Day Already????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What??? Labor Day Already????? Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD is emptying the portable pool today. Now that she is letting all the water out and will want the parts to dry out we will most likely start getting thunderstorms. Only other thing she could do to assure the rain is if she washed and waxed her car......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum