Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back porch got painted yesterday

+3
Crybaby
bethk
NormM
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Back porch got painted yesterday Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:04 pm

NormM

NormM

Back porch got painted yesterday DSCN0674_zps9ef14c04

I don't think the top of the deck or steps were ever painted. They were bare all over with no sign of paint ever having worn off. The two railings were bare but I could tell they had some paint on them at one time. My step ladder disappeared during the move here to Kansas City, so I have not painted the overhead part yet. Charlie said he'd borrow one from the neighbor and do that part.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, GOOD idea on letting Charlie paint the up high places....you don't need to be up on any ladders, please.

The porch looks good, protected from the winter weather.

3Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Your house is so cute back there, Norm! Adorable.

And, yep, I agree with Beth -- let Charlie do the ladder part!

4Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you Crybaby. We like it alot.

5Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:Thank you Crybaby.  We like it alot.
I LOVE that 12 over 12 window in the back -- I hope that's your kitchen, which I imagine it is. I love the color, too, as it looks so homey!

You sound like me and Brian -- we love our house, too. It's really a great feeling.

6Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 pm

NormM

NormM

The back door goes into the kitchen. The corner windows are in the kitchen and short window is over the sink.

The two lower windows on the right are to the kids two rooms. One is a setting room and the other is their bedroom. They have a bathroom next to the bedroom. The upper long window has another just like it around the corner and that is my bedroom.

Here is a view of the front of the house.

Back porch got painted yesterday DSCN0677_zps6948720b

7Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

beautiful house Norm Back porch got painted yesterday 3593629538  Back porch got painted yesterday 4137497845

8Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:10 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you Imelda.

9Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:The back door goes into the kitchen. The corner windows are in the kitchen and short window is over the sink.

The two lower windows on the right are to the kids two rooms. One is a setting room and the other is their bedroom. They have a bathroom next to the bedroom. The upper long window has another just like it around the corner and that is my bedroom.

Here is a view of the front of the house.
Oh, Norm, your house is absolutely adorable! I made Brian laugh earlier today when I told him you said, "We like it," when I complimented your house (he says the exact same thing). He actually just came into the guest room, where the computer is, when I called to him that you posted a picture of your house. His response? "Oh, wow!" Same as me -- it's so freaking cute! Thanks for shraing the pics with us.

10Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 am

NormM

NormM

Glad you like it.  I had a nice big house, then I retired and decided to downsize since I was living alone and didn't need three bathrooms.  The day after I moved into the smaller place I ended up in the hospital and they called Charlie in Seattle and said I might not make it.  He came down, after a few weeks moved in and decided to stay, then his girlfriend moved in and we needed a bigger place again. LOL.  After looking around a lot we all fell in love with this place and I have three bathrooms again, and it was back in my home town to boot.

11Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Well, I think you guys picked a winner, as it's a very, very cute house. Liking the house you're in really makes a person feel good, I think...

12Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:07 am

NormM

NormM

All of the streets in this neighborhood are named after places or people associated with Anne of Green Gables. The community is calle Brittany Yesteryear.  My street is Prince Edward Island.

13Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

It really is a neat house, and I can't tell if it's a newer home or an older one -- the sign of a classic. I like our new house but I miss my old one and the neighborhood but I do like our backyard better. We needed to downsize but I miss a big bedroom and master bath. But our kitchen here is huge and I do like that a lot -- all the other rooms are on the small side. Your house has a lot of character, just like the character that lives there!!! *wink* I love the color too.

14Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pea, I know what you mean about needing/wanting to downsize. Even though our current home is a 3 b/2ba, it is spread out and about 2,500 sq. ft. Our villa is 2b/2ba and a compact 1,100 sq. ft. The best part is the yard isn't an acre, we don't have to mow and everything is compact and condensed. My kitchen needs new appliances and countertops but are certainly serviceable for the time being. I am so looking forward to getting Dane down there to be able to relax, play golf and do anything other than maintenance on one thing or another that seems to be the requirement here. I'm tired of having a long list of things needing attention and no time to just enjoy.

15Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

well for me downsizing is a nightmare.I am not about to get rid of my life time treasures.My furniture I love.I have some wonderful pieces that my Mom had & now are mine.

I have no room for pantry or a room for laundry like I did.I have zero storage. I have NO linen closet.I have NO walk in closet.I have NO garage.

so IF I were to move I would up size geek 

16Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Our old house was 1950 sq. ft. and our new one is 1210 sq. ft. and both have 3 bdrms but we had 2 baths at the old house and 1 1/2 at the new.  We basically only use the one because the half bath is at the end of house where the laundry area is and the way I have the kitchen island positioned it's easier to hit the hall bath from anywhere but the laundry area.  And we completely remodeled the half bath, so go figure.  Our bedroom was 16x20 at the old house and 11x12 at the new, so just enough room to walk around the furniture over here plus we had a recliner and small computer desk in our old one.  That's what I miss about the smaller space, the big bedroom and master bath.  I think we use this space better because everything is off the hallway, where our old house was a split floorplan.

17Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:57 pm

NormM

NormM

This house was built in 1988, has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

18Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Norm, the house is great!
We have a regular Bi-level with a bath and a half.
Tina said just the other day,"Hon, I wish we had another 1/2 bath like a powder room!" ....

I said sweetie, "Your wish is My command!
"I went in the garage, and brought up a spackle bucket, a roll of toilet paper, and a container of Johnson and Johnsons Baby Powder!"

I asked her if she wanted her powder room next to her recliner in the living room? hahahahahahaha.......

19Back porch got painted yesterday Empty Re: Back porch got painted yesterday Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

NormM wrote:This house was built in 1988, has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
That's a nice size for the 3 of you and if they ever decide to have a wee one, there's room for that too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum