Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone still buy cookbooks?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone still buy cookbooks? Empty Anyone still buy cookbooks? Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have so many but yet I am going to buy more. Even after I got rid of a 100.

I do the internet thing like crazy.I have piles & piles & more piles of paper with recipes written done .Takes me forever to find something I am looking for.MESS>

I am leaning toward getting some new ones ,,Ina for one.

anyone bought anything new lately?

2Anyone still buy cookbooks? Empty Re: Anyone still buy cookbooks? Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:I have so many but yet I am going to buy more. Even after I got rid of a 100.

I do the internet thing like crazy.I have piles & piles & more piles of paper with recipes written done .Takes me forever to find something I am looking for.MESS>

I am leaning toward getting some new ones ,,Ina for one.

anyone bought anything new lately?
nope.. but I got bunch of Taste of Home magazines.. lots of good recipes in them Anyone still buy cookbooks? 3593629538   I borrowed Ina cookbook from our library and only interested in 1 of her recipes, corn and shrimp fritter.. but whenever I went back to my country, I would buy one or 2 cookbooks from my favorite chefs

3Anyone still buy cookbooks? Empty Re: Anyone still buy cookbooks? Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:53 pm

NormM

NormM

People give me cookbooks as presents. I seldom buy one myself anymore. I get lots of ideas and recipes from the internet and TV shows.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4Anyone still buy cookbooks? Empty Re: Anyone still buy cookbooks? Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The only ones I'm tempted to buy anymore are ones like The Bread Baker's Apprentice or some such...picture instruction cookbooks to assist on a particular thing I want to make. But rather than purchase I prefer looking at them at DD's as she has all the ones I want. The good part about looking at her house is she will usually bake what interests me and then I get to watch and feel and see how she does it. I could never figure out ciabatta until I watched her make it...now I would feel confident I could make a tasty loaf. Her's is wonderful!

5Anyone still buy cookbooks? Empty Re: Anyone still buy cookbooks? Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:People give me cookbooks as presents.  I seldom buy one myself anymore. I get lots of ideas and recipes from the internet and TV shows.
Me, too, Norm. My best friend, who, bless her heart, doesn't boil water without instructions, always gives me the hottest local cookbook -- and sometimes even with an inscription from the author.

Sometimes I look on the Internet for something I'm thinking of concocting but more often I pull several cookbooks from my collection and just read through them. It does give you lots of ideas.

And, Barbara, like you, I have tons of printed recipes, either things I've concocted on my own and typed out or ones I've read or used and then typed out. Huge pile we have to sift through but every time I sift thru them, I pull aside things I want to make again or make for the first time. I don't have a scanner (yet) but I do like to type in favorites in Word so I don't have to sift thru a huge stack!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum