Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PET PEEVES !!!

+2
Barbara101
bethk
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PET PEEVES !!! Empty PET PEEVES !!! Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I used the yellow mustard for my potato salad and deviled eggs....

SOMEONE previously squeezed mustard out of the container, slopped it all over the top and didn't wipe/wash it before putting the bottle back into the refrigerator.  When I popped the top there were dried, crusty chunks of mustard that had to be picked out of my dressing.  

That irritates me.  Just like when the ketchup top has crusty, sticky ketchup on it.  How difficult is it to unscrew the top, rinse well and put away clean?

And don't get me started on anyone who might think of using a crumb covered knife to take a pat of butter from MY softened, room temperature stick.....that's just sick.....

Sorry, I just wanted to vent.

PET PEEVES !!! 1450907917

2PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I hate the pop up/open cans.You have to scrape to get whats inside, out.and around the rim.

I hate zip lock food bags that lunchmeat/cheese etc come in. Half the time I fight to open it & slam the thing down & cut it open with scissors.

I hate empty cartons that get put back in the fridge.Not by me.lol

3PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

I hate empty cartons that get put back in the fridge.Not by me.lol

But you live with a cat and two dogs.....who could it be doing that??? PET PEEVES !!! 2876911673 

4PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

PET PEEVES !!! 1297124391 

PET PEEVES !!! 2876911673 

one of 4 boys.and they all say 'I didn't do it'..

Oh & MS CAT licked the butter this morning. She has never done that before either. cat affraid 

5PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And there I griped about toast crumbs in my butter.......ewwwww!

Another thing that irks me is sticking a dirty knife in my Miracle Whip....it just contaminates the entire jar and then it separates and I toss it. If you want mayonaise or Miracle Whip, please use a clean spoon to remove some to a dish.

6PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:And there I griped about toast crumbs in my butter.......ewwwww!

Another thing that irks me is sticking a dirty knife in my Miracle Whip....it just contaminates the entire jar and then it separates and I toss it.  If you want mayonaise or Miracle Whip, please use a clean spoon to remove some to a dish.
same here.. I use clean spoons or knives every time for my butter and everything in my jars ( mayo, mustard, chili sauce, fruit jams )

I like to rinse all my jars, bottles or gallons ( milk, juice) I take home from the stores before I put them in my fridge, I like to rinse my plates or bowls or pans before I use them ( if they have sat in my cabinet for a while)

7PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:39 am

NormM

NormM

When I make breakfast for others, I serve heaping amount jelly/jam on a plastic spoon for each person so the jar won't be on the table for anyone to put the butter knife in it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

8PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I usually use those little glass ingredient bowls...the ones intended for setting all ingredients out when making a complicated dish. They hold about a heaping tablespoon or so. I use them for sauces or condiments like tartar sauce on my plate, as well. I have a set of a dozen Chinese spoons at the villa that I use just like you, Norm. So handy and keeps things neat.

9PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 pm

JanaAZ

Barbara101 wrote:PET PEEVES !!! 1297124391 

Oh & MS CAT licked the butter this morning. She has never done that before either. cat affraid 
Maybe the cat can lick the crumbs off of Beth's butter. lol

10PET PEEVES !!! Empty Re: PET PEEVES !!! Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:59 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Oh & MS CAT licked the butter this morning. She has never done that before either.
Or so you think!

PET PEEVES !!! 2876911673 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum