Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimmy ,,, is this true?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jimmy ,,, is this true? on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:21 am

Barbara101

it is illegal to pump your own gas in NJ???Question Question 

2 Re: Jimmy ,,, is this true? on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:31 am

bethk

Admin
Yes, it is true....it is the retirement state of all the motorheads who enjoy sniffing gasoline fumes!  They get part-time jobs pumping gasoline since there are no such jobs anywhere else in the US.

LOL

3 Re: Jimmy ,,, is this true? on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:41 am

Barbara101

gosh I had no idea ..shades of Gober pops in my head Laughing Laughing Razz 

Man I hated to pump gas in Ca.They have those elephant nose things on the end of the hose & you have to push that Dam thing into your tank so far & it takes a lot of PUSH too. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

I never pumped my own gas till I ran way from Home.1998. well let me say when I ran away from that AH>I was around Richmond Va, I pulled over to a station. My DS ,15 at the time & I looked at each other & said hummm how do we do this confused confused 

I lead a sheltered life geek 

4 Re: Jimmy ,,, is this true? on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 am

bethk

Admin
Dane worked at service stations when they actually offered "service" rather than a sullen teenager who looks bothered when you want to pay for your fuel.

What I miss is the "gift" you received for filling up the tank, like the glasses or dish ware, and you always got your oil checked and your wiper fluid topped off. Oh, and what about always getting your windows washed without even asking? It was all part of pulling up to the pumps....even if you had a carload of your teenaged friends and you all pooled your money to buy 50 cents worth!

5 Re: Jimmy ,,, is this true? on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:35 am

NormM

When I drove through Oregon once, I stopped for gas and started to pump my gas and was told it was illegal there too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6 Re: Jimmy ,,, is this true? on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:it is illegal  to pump your own gas in NJ???Question Question 
It is regulation that No Gasoline business shall allow a patron to pump his own gas.
It provides J O B S ....which is great I think, and it promotes safety.

The only thing is, you can pump Diesel Fuel if the pump is isolated to a different area of the station.. It is way less volatile than gas.

When we pull in for fuel in PA, the lines are slow with people havinf difficulty with the pump or the credit card etc.
They spill gas all over the ground. Al Gore should see that, or the green freaks should see it.
They say pumping gas is a no brainer, and they are right. Some people have no brains, and especially when they leave their cars idle while they pump gas.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum