Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Month.. It is August..

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

251Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had a rrice and beans, and Tina made beef cubes and gravy...
The kids came over, and brought gifts and cards and a couple cakes and cannoli's and we sang Happy Birthday To Mommy Tina. It's tomorrow the 23rd. (68)y/o

We are gone to Lancaster County PA tomorrow for a weekend and a wedding there.
There will be lots of Mennonites; Amish and a lot of PA Dutch Cooking... Oh! Yeah! Cumm Esse! ( Come Eat )

I got a whole case of digestive aids and enzymes to help us so we can eat eat and eat!!
I may have to become a Bulimic for the weekend!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .....

I'm taking the puter with me. They have wifi in the hotel we are staying at. It has a great Bar Too!!
I have the canes and the hot water bottle so I could walk around, or shall I say, at least get into the food lines without difficulty. The hot water bottle, for my tummy! LOL

252Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

THE Cakes and Cannoli for Tinas Little Singing Happy Birthday Party!

I am getting her a Sirius XM Radio system for the car and home and computer for her Birthday! I am confused as to the components I need and the next door neighbor is going to help me as to what I need. It is so confusing and I don't want to over pay because I'm not that familiar with the satellite radio stuff yet. Reading the reviews are really disappointing and mixed up to the point that they throw me into the abyss of BS.

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 P6x3

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Agci

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 0hkq

253Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, for sure, tell Tina "Happy Birthday" for me! Her cakes look luscious....love the fruit one with the pastry creame.

My friends, Lyn & Bill have Sirrius radio in their Lexus - built in. They love it, always listening to some news talk show...

254Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:06 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

The burgers on the grill were good last night. I had used some 80/20 ground chuck so there was no need to add anything but a little s&p before putting them on to grill. I didn't even butter the buns, just toasted them on the grill until golden.

Turns out the 10 yr. old DOES like deviled eggs, just not too much filling....but the filling he wanted to scrape off added nicely to my serving of potato salad. He likes the potato salad, too, as long as he can pick out the celery. I thought it was the taste of mayonaise or Miracle Whip he objected to, but seems it is the texture of the raw vegetables. At least now, at this age, he is willing to taste and try different foods. But, still a "no" for raw vegetables and any fruit. Do not, however, get in his way if there is a dish of steamed broccoli or green beans on the table. LOL

255Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Happy_Birthday

Ya'll have a great birthday bash.tell Ms Tina we here at cooking friends wish her the most happy of birthdays..Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 3561122519 

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 911454047 

256Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Happy_Birthday

Ya'll have a great birthday bash.tell Ms Tina we here at cooking friends wish her the most happy of birthdays..Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 3561122519 

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 911454047 
Tina said Thank You All!!

257Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, have a good time on your day trip....or two or three day trip!

258Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

As soon as Mr. Amazing is done with his nap we're going out for a sandwich. I just want to get out of the house for a little while.

259Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 pm

NormM

NormM

I made Chuck Loves version of hamburger (25% brisket, 25% short ribs and 50% chuck) I am making Beths pot roast with the powdered Ranch, Italian dressings and brown gravy packets with the ramaining brisket.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

260Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, have a good time on your day trip....or two or three day trip!
Thanks Beth... Just fired up the puter. Gotta have communications.
The kids have been texting and calling on the cell phones.
Geeze, it's like Boo Hoo...Mommy and Daddy left us! hahahahahaha

We stopped at a favorite diner in Myerstown, PA on 422, and we filled up.
Tina had turkey breast sliced with gravy and filling, and mashed taters and gravy.

I had a big cheeseburger and potato chips with pickles on the side.

Tina is out shopping at the mall down the street. What it is, is she didn't have her car for 3 days because DD was using it because her truck is in the engine shop with MAJOR Engine damage. She bought the truck second hand, and the previous owner (s) neglected to do frequent oil changes. It's one hunk of sludge. The mechanic won't even guarantee the work to repair it it is so much in a failure at anytime state. 3,000.00 just for starters and that is with a 1 second guarantee. She' gonna use it for a trade in on a new or certified truck.

Oh! There were a lot of tears and drama and cursing last night when I gave her the news. And to boot it all, DD will not listen to reasoning. She just refuses to drive a suv or a car. She's Got To Have a Big A$$ Truck.

She gets 11 mpg with this one; if that!!! I told Tina...let her make her own decisions. Stay out of it!

261Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 1157719_10201071785410215_1184580959_n

big fat juicy burgers from Costco..man they are great..Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 3593629538 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 512660330

262Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, DD#2 use to be that way....then she had an opportunity to buy a new car as opposed to a used truck.  Then, low and behold, she fell in love with the car.  

But don't give any advice....it just falls on deaf ears.  LOL

Last edited by bethk on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

263Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

big fat juicy burgers from Costco..man they are great..Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 3593629538 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 512660330
Good grief! Are those half-pound burgers? They are huge.

264Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I made Chuck Loves version of hamburger (25% brisket, 25% short ribs and 50% chuck)  I am making Beths pot roast with the powdered Ranch, Italian dressings and brown gravy packets with the ramaining brisket.
I put the last of the shredded beef and two sub buns in a freezer meal for Dane when I'm gone. The beef went into a small Tupperware container with a piece of plastic wrap pressed on the beef just in case it might get freezer burn. The last two sub buns got wrapped individually and all went into a bag with reheating/assembly instructions since he'll have to get some mozzarella cheese when he reheats them.

I even put HIS name on the package so DD doesn't think it's for her and Jake....hahahahaha!f

265Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

Good grief! Are those half-pound burgers?  They are huge.
they come that way lol BIG! they are so nice.already made up.

266Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just got back from dinner. Had mushroom ravioli... excellent.
Tina had grilled meatloaf (dry ) and string beans blanched perfect. No salt so they were not flavorful.

267Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Jimmy.. a Happy Birthday wishes to Tina too.. I hope she had fun on her special day Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 4165659054 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 829809188 

we had Sirius radio came with our new car, only for 3 months free, after that we have to pay, I think it's about $15 a month, we did not want it, but they called and sent offer, the price was lower and lower, the last offer was $5 a month, we still don't want it.. we don't drive much now, so it's a waste of money.. what my DH did was, downloaded s few favorite CDs on a thumb drive and we  plug the it  to listen our favorite songs when we are on the road.. we bought a compact car, it's 38 to 40 MPG on highway
Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 3602300868

268Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I did not post pics lately, but enjoyed all the dinner pics posted here.. I mostly cooked my home style foods for myself... my DH ate sourdough salami cheese sandwiches for these last few days... today I cooked Spaghetti squash for him... a homegrown squash by our friend.. I microwaved it until fork tender, pulled and added some Italian sausage and spaghetti sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and red chili flakes

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 DSCN8107

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 52

269Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:23 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhh, I love spaghetti squash! Well, to be honest, I love just about any squash....but I REALLY like spaghetti squash.

270Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:52 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wasn't sure if I was going to cook last night or go out so in the afternoon I started to prep vegetables for a stir fry. I just wanted to use up the one of this and one of that in the vegetable drawer. So this morning I sliced up a small piece of top sirloin I picked up on sale at the store. I made a marinate with soy, sesame oil, brown sugar, fish sauce, white wine and finely chopped candied ginger. Never used the candied ginger before but I saw it in the pantry and thought it might be a different taste treat. If its no good, well, then I've ruined the entire dish....

So now that everything is prepped, all I'll have to do is make a dish of rice and do a quick stir fry and supper will be complete.

271Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I plan on grilling a rib eye.

Maybe a side of 'PERFECT' glazed carrots.That will not be burned to a crisp Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 1838020472 

272Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, if you want glazed carrots maybe I should share my candied ginger with you....I bet that would be a nice addition for a change of pace flavor

I usually just do a boiled, buttered carrot. I like the leftovers done with peas because I like the colors together.

273Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Jimmy.. a Happy Birthday wishes to Tina too.. I hope she had fun on her special day Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 4165659054 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 829809188 

we had Sirius radio came with our new car, only for 3 months free, after that we have to pay, I think it's about $15 a month, we did not want it, but they called and sent offer, the price was lower and lower, the last offer was $5 a month, we still don't want it.. we don't drive much now, so it's a waste of money.. what my DH did was, downloaded s few favorite CDs on a thumb drive and we  plug the it  to listen our favorite songs when we are on the road.. we bought a compact car, it's 38 to 40 MPG on highway
Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 3602300868
Thank You Imelda.
We had a great celebration for Tina. I took her to dinner at the Hotel last night.

Yeah! The sirius radio she likes the talk radio. She has all her cd's in the car on the player in the trunk all Bible stories and Religion talk and priests etc. She enjoys that.

She just took a ride to find a Church for Mass tomorrow. She calls it a "Dry Run!" LOL

Your Meal Looks Great. Squash Is good all different ways.

274Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 1016936_10200395713680136_1869986932_n

thought this was a rib eye.. It could be a Tbone?? whatever it is,it is grilled big steak..Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 512660330 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 2760260870 

275Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 11 86c6906622690b0b31f9c86a78d7b5f4

Perfect glazed Carrots tongue tongue 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum