Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Month.. It is August..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

101 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Good...peppers were hard a little.

Tomorrow...I just want good ole hamburger / cheeseburger.
Fried onions for tina...raw thick sliced for me.

Baked beans,,, and a salad.

102 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

flank.. looks like lots of steak leftovers for me.  
ugh.. I posted a long post and it could not get through No 

good steaks Barbara.. I'm imagining steak burrito, steak quesadilla, steak    

though it's hot out there, we   ... after eating leftovers and Indonesian style chickens for a few days, today I let him cooked.. he fired up the grill and grilled some Italian sausages  

" />

his plate.. toasted french bread, with mayo + mustard + wasabi and chopped jalapeno spread.. sauerkraut, lettuces, beans, tomato and onion

" />

mine.. much simpler
Wink 

JUST THE WAY I LIKE MY SAUSAGE, AND HOT TOO!

103 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 pm

bethk

Admin
Gosh, I feel bad.

Everybody cooked except me. I whined nice and loud and we ended going out for a sandwich....chain restaurant, not memorable but better than cooking when I'm in "a mood".

104 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Barbara101

I took one of my grands school shopping OMG. so   

Took him to lunch & I took a potato chip off his plate affraid  the salt nearly made me choke.

Evil or Very Mad Shocked 

105 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I took one of my grands school shopping OMG. so   

Took him to lunch & I took a potato chip off his plate affraid  the salt nearly made me choke.

Evil or Very Mad Shocked 
Gram.... Did ya Get him a new Pencil Box??

Remember those things? It came with a Ruler, a Protractor, and a set of dividers with the little pencil to draw circles with.
A red rubber eraser, and a gray and other half light blue ink eraser.
I remember the big giant soap eraser too.
We used to take little bites and spit them at the back of the girls heads.

106 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:51 am

Barbara101

Jimmy you crack me up.Darn near spit out my coffee.

no I bought him shoes   a couple shirts & a new back pack   

I could have paid my rent  

107 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:35 am

bethk

Admin
DD took the 10 yr. old to get his "list" of school supplies.  She said, "gee, it use to only cost $10 and this year it was $50".  And he's only in 4th grade.  I suggested she start saving now for 5th grade...

Our GD is still upset with her mom about HER math class predicament.  Remember when I told you the GD (3rd grade this year) decided she really didn't want to take math this year?  Well, it seems her mom signed a permission request to have GD placed in a more challenging math class.  Well, GD has a seat mate behind her who is ANNOYING!  So, it's all her mom's fault.  Her mom was the one to say it was OK for her to be in the class.  IT'S ALL THE MOM'S FAULT.

DD said GD should go and talk to her teacher and/or the principal about it because the permission slip she had signed only gave her permission to have GD placed in the class they thought she should be in.

I can just imagine our GD making an appointment to speak with the principal....

108 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:07 pm

NormM

After a trip to the farmer's market today, I made breaded eggplant with grated Romano cheese, smoked bratwurst (leftover from the other day) an arugula and tomato salad and some cantaloupe.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

109 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm

bethk

Admin
Oh, wow, Norm. Your pic looks like I could just reach in and sneak off with a piece of the eggplant! Looks really crunchy, my favorite kind.

DD and I went to the farm market today, too. Dane said all he wanted was some marinated olives and feta....and guess what they were out of on the olive bar? So, I bought a couple lemons for Greek dressing, a nice size container of kalamata olives, crumbled feta....Greek salads for supper!

DD use to pay ridiculous sums for Greek salad dressing...her favorite was $7 for 4 oz. I made her read the ingredient list one time....olive oil, lemon juice, oregano & salt. Ahhhh, now she even agrees the homemade kind is just as good if not better. Oh, we got some of our favorite fresh, thin pita bread...wonderful supper.

Dane got his without red peppers, DD got hers without tomatoes, I got mine without feta....everyone was happy.

110 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, wow, Norm.  Your pic looks like I could just reach in and sneak off with a piece of the eggplant!  Looks really crunchy, my favorite kind.

DD and I went to the farm market today, too.  Dane said all he wanted was some marinated olives and feta....and guess what they were out of on the olive bar?  So, I bought a couple lemons for Greek dressing, a nice size container of kalamata olives, crumbled feta....Greek salads for supper!

DD use to pay ridiculous sums for Greek salad dressing...her favorite was $7 for 4 oz.  I made her read the ingredient list one time....olive oil, lemon juice, oregano & salt.  Ahhhh, now she even agrees the homemade kind is just as good if not better.  Oh, we got some of our favorite fresh, thin pita bread...wonderful supper.

Dane got his without red peppers, DD got hers without tomatoes, I got mine without feta....everyone was happy.

Gee! Like Pepper-mata-feta happy?? And they all ate happily ever after!

111 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Let the local Pizza Parlor make dinner tonight!!!

And there is a Tina Happy Pizza Face.....

112 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:After a trip to the farmer's market today, I made breaded eggplant with grated Romano cheese, smoked bratwurst (leftover from the other day) an arugula and tomato salad and some cantaloupe.

Looks Darn Good Norm... Did you Zebra Peel the Eggplant??

I want that tomorrow now. Yours looks so crunchy, just looking at it sent me to the toothpick dispenser! Ummmm!!

113 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 pm

bethk

Admin
Had some watermelon for dessert....bought one of those little seedless ones...and it is really good. I like to slice it into thin quarter slices and then stand at the sink and sprinkle it with a little kosher salt & pepper and then just let the juice fall into the sink instead of on my shirt....

I like those little seedless ones better than the ones filled with the hard seeds...I don't like to deal with having to either pick out the seeds or be completely unladylike and spit them out.

Meijer's had those little melons on sale for $2 and Kroger wanted $4.29 each for them. I may go back and get another one tomorrow. It's a good one.

DD bought some local peaches...red havens...at the farm market today. She said she'd buy the peaches if I'd make the pie...I said I'd make a crostata instead...so she bought the peaches and as soon as they soften up a bit we will have my personal favorite fruit pie/crostata. Nothing finer than local peaches....good stuff.

114 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 pm

NormM

I just peeled the eggplant completely and used flour, egg wash, panko then pan fried in olive oil.

115 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I just peeled the eggplant completely and used flour, egg wash, panko then pan fried in olive oil.
Ok Norm. The reason I asked, was because through the beautiful breading, it looked like it was Zebra peeled.
I like the skin on the eggplant if it is not thick or tough.
Usually I zebra peel it so that it doesn't give a fight when biting through it, and still there is a little bit to add to the taste of the fruit.
Nice Job!

116 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Had some watermelon for dessert....bought one of those little seedless ones...and it is really good.  I like to slice it into  thin quarter slices and then stand at the sink and sprinkle it with a little kosher salt & pepper and then just let the juice fall into the sink instead of on my shirt....

I like those little seedless ones better than the ones filled with the hard seeds...I don't like to deal with having to either pick out the seeds or be completely unladylike and spit them out.

Meijer's had those little melons on sale for $2 and Kroger wanted $4.29 each for them.  I may go back and get another one tomorrow.  It's a good one.

DD bought some local peaches...red havens...at the farm market today.  She said she'd buy the peaches if I'd make the pie...I said I'd make a crostata instead...so she bought the peaches and as soon as they soften up a bit we will have my personal favorite fruit pie/crostata.  Nothing finer than local peaches....good stuff.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....so funny Beth...

When we were kids, mom would say.."Ok, here is your watermelon, go stand on the porch and eat it over the railing, and don't spit the seeds at each other!"
No Ma! "We would Never Do That!" Yeah! Right!!! lol

Tina will have me cut the melon, and she sits there and with a baller, will scoop out melon balls. All stacked in a big Tupperware container.
We use the Ham Taker a lot too. It holds a lot of melon balls.

117 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:18 pm

bethk

Admin
I have no idea what we will have to eat today...DD made a big bowl of pasta salad, no meal planned to go with it.  I have some taco filling made and ready to reheat, avocados ripe enough for guacamole.  But I was thinking of tacos for Monday night.

I just got started on the crust for the peach pie...have enough dough made for a top and bottom crust so I guess it will be a real pie and not  a crostata.  I asked DD where her rolling pin is, and she said, " I don't have one".  Ah, why would she ask me to make her a peach pie if she didn't have a rolling pin?

So, chilled wine bottle comes out of the refrigerator and I'll pretend I have Tina's ice water filled Tupperware rolling pin.  It just never occurred to DD that I might want a rolling pin to make a pie....guess that's because SHE HAS NEVER MADE ONE!!!

Oh well, I'm up for the challenge.  I like peach pie, too.

118 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Barbara101

I bought a container of olives & feta off the olive bar,for tossing on some chicken.lol I ate it.   pig pig

119 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I have no idea what we will have to eat today...DD made a big bowl of pasta salad, no meal planned to go with it.  I have some taco filling made and ready to reheat, avocados ripe enough for guacamole.  But I was thinking of tacos for Monday night.

I just got started on the crust for the peach pie...have enough dough made for a top and bottom crust so I guess it will be a real pie and not  a crostata.  I asked DD where her rolling pin is, and she said, " I don't have one".  Ah, why would she ask me to make her a peach pie if she didn't have a rolling pin?

So, chilled wine bottle comes out of the refrigerator and I'll pretend I have Tina's ice water filled Tupperware rolling pin.  It just never occurred to DD that I might want a rolling pin to make a pie....guess that's because SHE HAS NEVER MADE ONE!!!

Oh well, I'm up for the challenge.  I like peach pie, too.
Why Beth!... You could always have used an Ax to hammer the dough in the pan! LOL

120 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm

bethk

Admin
Jimmy, even if I tried, I could never make a machete pie crust!  Hahahahahahahahaha!

Even the cinnamon sugar "cookies" I make out of the leftover scrap dough looks good!

121 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:53 pm

bethk

Admin
Barbara101 wrote:I bought a container of olives & feta off the olive bar,for tossing on some chicken.lol I ate it.   pig pig
How funny! I've never personally done anything like that, but I understand it is fairly common practice.

Then, when it's time to make the chicken you get grumpy because no other recipe sounds good.....

I had to "hide" the container of kalamata olives in the produce drawer, way under the celery and carrots because the Greek salads were SO good yesterday I figure Dane will be thrilled to have another one for his lunch tomorrow. If I leave that deli pack of olives out on the shelf I just know I will eat "just one" when I open the refrigerator......22 times!

122 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, even if I tried, I could never make a machete pie crust!  Hahahahahahahahaha!

Even the cinnamon sugar "cookies" I make out of the leftover scrap dough looks good!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

123 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Just a little something to hold me over!
Salad with olives; mushrooms, and feta cheese. Olive oil for dressing.

Later, I want a Bologna Sandwich on whole wheat roll.

Blow The Horns...... Jimmy and Tina went to Walmart this morning. Together! I was like Senile in the Isle's, and talking to myself as I read labels on the stuff I needed.
Other than that...we survived with NO arguments, and came home and unloaded the stuff.
I changed the oil in the car and got it all checked out for her trip to South Jersey tomorrow; to get food to her uncle.

124 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 pm

NormM

Charlie wanted me to grill steaks for dinner today so he went out and got some. I made a salad and salad dressing and heated corn from the freezer while he was gone and while i was grilling the steaks, he made some boxed dressing and scalloped potatoes.

I had just finished cleaning the kitchen and now it's dirty again.

125 Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Charlie wanted me to grill steaks for dinner today so he went out and got some. I made a salad and salad dressing and heated corn from the freezer while he was gone and while i was grilling the steaks, he made some boxed dressing and scalloped potatoes.

I had just finished cleaning the kitchen and now it's dirty again.
Don't take that apron off Norm! LOL  Git er done!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum