Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strawberry Sparkle Cake on Pioneer Woman

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Strawberry Sparkle Cake on Pioneer Woman on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 pm

bethk

Admin
I had the TV on and saw an old episode of The Pioneer Woman where she made a strawberry sparkle cake. But she left out the "sparkle"!

I've made that cake for years. The part of the angel food cake that gets pulled out of the cake to make a trench for the filling is suppose to be broken into bits and stirred into the Jello/frozen strawberry filling mixture. Only part of the torn bits of cake absorb the color of the gelatin so when it sets and then it is cut there is a bit of the white cake mixed into the strawberry gelatin filling....sparkling!

That cake was our Andrea's birthday cake for years and years.

2 Re: Strawberry Sparkle Cake on Pioneer Woman on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:52 am

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:I had the TV on and saw an old episode of The Pioneer Woman where she made a strawberry sparkle cake.  But she left out the "sparkle"!

I've made that cake for years.  The part of the angel food cake that gets pulled out of the cake to make a trench for the filling is suppose to be broken into bits and stirred into the Jello/frozen strawberry filling mixture.  Only part of the torn bits of cake absorb the color of the gelatin so when it sets and then it is cut there is a bit of the white cake mixed into the strawberry gelatin filling....sparkling!

That cake was our  Andrea's birthday cake for years and years.

I saw that episode this afternoon and yes.. I was wondering where the sparkle was.. but after she cut it the cake looked pretty though

3 Re: Strawberry Sparkle Cake on Pioneer Woman on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 am

bethk

Admin
Imelda, I copied the link to her picture instructions so we can discuss it when you decide to make it. I have some hints and changes to adapt for the way I've always made it, the same as my mom and my grandma taught me....it's been a cake that's been made for years.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/07/strawberry-sparkle-cake/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum