Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Does anyone know how to close out or to put it in my computer language...when I want to X out... after I hit the x with my pointer, there appears a little window that says Close current tab, or Close All Tabs.
It's a pain having to x out or close out from the stupid small window drop down.

I googled the thing but it does not know what I am trying to say.

I am running windows IE10 ON WINDOWS 8

SAME THING WITH THE OTHER COMPUTER; WINDOWS Vista IE9

2 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:18 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Not a clue, Jimmy. I'm having more than my share of problems on this silly iPad....

3 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Not a clue, Jimmy.  I'm having more than my share of problems on this silly iPad....

Haaaaaa! Funny iPad.. @$$ Pad.

Remember I had my kitchen computer take a dump a week or so ago, and it would not boot up?

Well I googled and there was one guy said, open it up, and take off all the plugged in wires off the motherboard.
I did that the other day...but them back, and the darn thing booted up. All is back to normal. I forgot, we had a couple power surges the other week, and they say that can cause the boot path whatever to shut down or go into a panic mode???
Tina does not want it in the kitchen though. Too Big and bulky tower.

The laptop took its place. Ooops! I gotta clean the keyboard. All pieces of food stuck in between the keys. hahahahaha

4 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 pm

JanaAZ


No, Jimmy. It's a safety feature so that you don't accidentally get out where you don't want to. You can lose lots of data.

5 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
JanaAZ wrote:No, Jimmy.  It's a safety feature so that you don't accidentally get out where you don't want to.  You can lose lots of data.

Thanks JanaAZ... but it's funny... The computer in the kitchen is running Vista Home Premium and on IE9 browser, and it doesn't give me the dropdown to close current or all. Hmmm!!
In other words, if there are 3 pages open, I would have to click the X three times to close everything. It allows me to close one at the time. All from the upper R/H corner.

6 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 pm

JanaAZ


UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
JanaAZ wrote:No, Jimmy.  It's a safety feature so that you don't accidentally get out where you don't want to.  You can lose lots of data.

Thanks JanaAZ... but it's funny... The computer in the kitchen is running Vista Home Premium and on IE9 browser, and it doesn't give me the dropdown to close current or all. Hmmm!!
In other words, if there are 3 pages open, I would have to click the X three times to close everything. It allows me to close one at the time. All from the upper R/H corner.

Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying. If you're in Word, for example, there's an option to exit Word an it will close everything you have open. If I'm in the browser, it'll say 'close all' or 'close current window only. Is that what you're talking about?

7 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
JanaAZ wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
JanaAZ wrote:No, Jimmy.  It's a safety feature so that you don't accidentally get out where you don't want to.  You can lose lots of data.

Thanks JanaAZ... but it's funny... The computer in the kitchen is running Vista Home Premium and on IE9 browser, and it doesn't give me the dropdown to close current or all. Hmmm!!
In other words, if there are 3 pages open, I would have to click the X three times to close everything. It allows me to close one at the time. All from the upper R/H corner.

Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying.  If you're in Word, for example, there's an option to exit Word an it will close everything you have open.  If I'm in the browser, it'll say 'close all' or 'close current window only.  Is that what you're talking about?

Yes. That is correct. I just think it is a good feature so it automatically does not close all the open pages, but my other computer, I can have 3 pages open, and all I do is click the X in the upper right, once, and then twice, and the last page again if I wish, The thing of it is, is that drop down asking current or all does not appear.

8 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:28 am

Barbara101

avatar
Ya'll lost me right from the git go. Sleep 

9 Re: Closing out...Also Known as X-ing out. on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:19 am

LisaSD

avatar
Jimmy, when you are browsing the internet, you open up pages.  Up at the top of your "browser" (Internet Explorer or Chrome or Firefox) you will usually see "tabs" which look like those old manila file folders you used to keep in the metal filing cabinets, remember?  

So, imagine that every page you opened is a file folder and you have them standing on end in front of you.  If you are done looking at Folder B but still want to glance at A, C and D, you can click the little  "X" that is on the tab  for "B" which will leave folder A, C and D still standing there.  When you click the big RED "X" in the upper right hand corner, it will double-check that you really wanted to close ALL the folders and that's why it asks you the question (Kind of like...are YOU SURE??? you want to close them all???)  If you do, you can click it and close them all.

I believe this is what you were asking...Hope it helps!

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum