Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKFAST STEAKS

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I bought 2 packs of them this morning, and now I'm wondering what to do with them? Any idea? Question  Idea  Question 

2BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty Re: BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:04 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

grill them. pan fry, broiler,I always just use leftover steak with eggs. oh so good.

BREAKFAST STEAKS IMG_0207

old picture.

3BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty Re: BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:39 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:grill them. pan fry, broiler,I always just use leftover steak with eggs. oh so good.

BREAKFAST STEAKS IMG_0207

old picture.

thanks Barbara... it's kind of different.. mine are very thin cut, much thinner than yours.. maybe 1/4 of it Question 

4BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty Re: BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't think I've ever seen anything sold here called a "breakfast" steak.

Possibly they are thin so they can be fried quickly and done in the same amount of time as it takes to cook eggs.....just a guess.

5BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty Re: BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

here is my "breakfast steak" ( it's said on the packet ) so thin, I was thinking either to pan fry or roll and stuff it, but still no idea what for the fillings yet.. and oh.. I'm going to eat it for dinner meal.. not breakfast lol!

BREAKFAST STEAKS DSCN7454

6BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty Re: BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hmmmm, I think I'd make a stuffing of mushrooms and vegetables, maybe a bit of bread to hold it together.   Then pound the beef thinner because it looks like a top round to me...pounded thin, stuffed and braised is the way I'd go.  Then a nice pan sauce or gravy and served with RICE!  

Yeah, I think that's what I'd do...braise with liquid, low and slow either on the stove top or oven.

I think Barb does a beef roulade...seems like she has pics.  Or maybe I'm thinking of brachole...sp?  BARB, help me out here....  What are those rolled beef things you make?

7BREAKFAST STEAKS Empty Re: BREAKFAST STEAKS Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Niagara Visitor

I make beef rouladen all the time.  Very thin top round steak, salt/pepper, a very small strip of bacon, chopped onion, some mustard.  Roll it up, skewer with a sturdy wooden toothpick, brown in a pan, then  place in oven proof dish, add a little water and stick in the oven for about an hour.  thicken the gravy, serve with noodles or a potato, and red cabbage.  In Germany they are generally served that way, Spaetzle being one of the favourite noodles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum