Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am wondering if we should open

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:15 pm

NormM

The more colors the merrier.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

27 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:The more colors the merrier.

Right Norm....

I love Green Eggs and Ham... (Dr. Suess )

28 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 am

Barbara101

I remember that Sally.She was before my time but when I would do a search, a lot of her posts came up.

Frannie.There was lots of of them that I would welcome here.The one with the Newfies (black old english dogs) Think she was in Canada?

That other Cookin? she can stay lost Mad boy she was mean.Al tho If she had been around she would have made toast out of HG.pig 

Nancy MD I always like her.

29 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:58 am

bethk

Admin
And therein lies one of the problems of an Internet chat room....we get to know one another by our screen names but do not have any idea how to connect outside of that one site. Fortunately everyone here has had the time to get to know and trust one another.

There was a super nice lady, HomeCookin, who was one of the original members....had an avatar of her sitting with a glass of wine....she had hundreds of recipes she would freely share. And, Barb, it was Fran from Texas I was trying to remember the name of....shared so much of her experiences. I love hearing about other people's travels and the foods they eat.

30 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:07 am

Barbara101

HomeCookin, oh ya her, I could not remember her name but she was nice.

another one was the gal who looked liked Lisa.She made bread in the machine & I copied all her recipes.
there was this gal who lived on a boat too.

then omg someone Hatwoman?? I have seen some ruff pics of food & kitchens but Shocked Shocked affraid No 

31 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 am

bethk

Admin
Oh,yes....the one who looked like Lisa - Gadget Queen ! She was fun and nice and I wish we could reconnect with her. Too bad we don't have access to the old c.com member list to cherry pick all those old nice members who just sort of dropped by the wayside. So many just stopped posting and we'll never know why.

32 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:53 pm

muzicgirl

bethk wrote:Crybaby, that was musicgirl...  There was a falling out when one member in particular made fun of her meals, use to always suggest adding bacon or some such.  It was crude and insensitive and I'm sorry now I didn't stand taller at the time to defend her dishes and the variety she brought to the forum.  She was the one to start the Meatless Monday thread....

She did have some of the most interesting dishes and her presentation was always neat and inventive, even on the most simple dish.  It made you WANT to make what she was having (and many times I did make her dish or a variation on what she presented).

It would be nice if we could find her on another forum or chat room and ask her to stop by.  

Here I is! Very Happy be careful what you wish for, hahahaha! Wink Very Happy

33 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:55 pm

muzicgirl

Crybaby wrote:I can't remember her screen name but I sure do miss the chick who was the vegetarian.  She used to post gorgeous pics of her vegetarian meals, too.  

I checked out the old site the other night when I couldn't sleep and it seems to have been taken over by that one woman (the trashy one).  And it's definitely not the same site that it used to be -- so much political, religious and racist type posts, stuff that's the last thing I hope to see on a cooking forum.

Thank you both so much for doing this.  This site is a JOY to come on -- no lie!
--Michelle

missed you, too, Michelle! Tried to email you, but your old addy must be defunct.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack ...

34 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:16 pm

bethk

Admin
It's really funny when you are searching for someone on the web. You google or bing the screen name and then start your search there...

I ended up joining two other forums trying to find you....didn't realize there would be more than the "one and only" muzicgirl! LOL

35 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:27 am

Crybaby

muzicgirl wrote:
Crybaby wrote:I can't remember her screen name but I sure do miss the chick who was the vegetarian.  She used to post gorgeous pics of her vegetarian meals, too.  

I checked out the old site the other night when I couldn't sleep and it seems to have been taken over by that one woman (the trashy one).  And it's definitely not the same site that it used to be -- so much political, religious and racist type posts, stuff that's the last thing I hope to see on a cooking forum.

Thank you both so much for doing this.  This site is a JOY to come on -- no lie!
--Michelle

missed you, too, Michelle!  Tried to email you, but your old addy must be defunct.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack ...

Nah, I still have the same email address but I just don't keep up with it like I used to. I go thru stages where I'm all over the computer and then for a time, I totally ignore it (except to pay bills, of course).

But I truly am glad you're here. I can't wait to see your pics again. I could eat at your house any day of the week, MG!!

36 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:39 am

Crybaby

NormM wrote:Randy would do an internet search and cite several sources about the 'color' white too.  Gosh I miss him.  We used to have the friendliest discussions.  

You never seemed to get angry fast, Norm.  What I always liked about you is how you always called a spade a spade once someone got ugly.  I never like to get in arguments online (in person is another thing!) but I've always hated to see someone bullied or ganged up on so I would usually try to speak up when that happened.  

I remember Randy (laughed at "Green Type Randy," Jimmy) but he wasn't around very long after I joined cooking.com.  

I really laughed about the complaint re the sparkling cherries!  Jeez, people complain about the littlest things!  

Just reading about all that stuff again made me appreciate this site even more.  I know there's not that many of us but it sure is pleasant now!  When I go back on the "other" forum, I am not surprised how few people post there now, as it seems like it's just the "trashy" broad who posts every message (I laughed at that, too, Barbara; you seem to dislike her as much as I do).  

And I trust these moderators to give someone the heave-ho who tries to ruin what we have.  I'll be shocked when I see the first ugly message here.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum