Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am wondering if we should open

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Barbara101

up this site to more people. Not public by any means,but to other cooks and or friends.

BTW I did invite some members at the old site & either they could care less or did not get my PM???

2 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:33 pm

bethk

Admin
It's fine with me if any of our current members would like to invite friends and/or relatives to join. I just would like to have some limits so we don't end up with spammers or virus carriers. But a friend of a friend is a friend to me....

3 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Crybaby

I can't remember her screen name but I sure do miss the chick who was the vegetarian. She used to post gorgeous pics of her vegetarian meals, too.

I checked out the old site the other night when I couldn't sleep and it seems to have been taken over by that one woman (the trashy one). And it's definitely not the same site that it used to be -- so much political, religious and racist type posts, stuff that's the last thing I hope to see on a cooking forum.

Thank you both so much for doing this. This site is a JOY to come on -- no lie!
--Michelle

4 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:02 pm

bethk

Admin
Crybaby, that was musicgirl... There was a falling out when one member in particular made fun of her meals, use to always suggest adding bacon or some such. It was crude and insensitive and I'm sorry now I didn't stand taller at the time to defend her dishes and the variety she brought to the forum. She was the one to start the Meatless Monday thread....

She did have some of the most interesting dishes and her presentation was always neat and inventive, even on the most simple dish. It made you WANT to make what she was having (and many times I did make her dish or a variation on what she presented).

It would be nice if we could find her on another forum or chat room and ask her to stop by.

5 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Crybaby

Yep, Muzicgirl it was.  I remember the "incident" and I remember trying to explain to people how she must've felt.  She came back for a few messages after that but then she was gone again.

Maybe cookingirl knows how to get in touch with her.  Musizgirl made me look at no meat dishes in a whole new way.  Plus it always impressed me that she also made dishes with meat for her husband!

Plus I really liked her, as I thought she was very kind.

6 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:26 pm

cookingirl

No, Sorry, I do not know how to get in touch with MusicGirl. Veggie options would be great.
As far as opening up the site to more people, it is ok with me.
I apologize for not being better at posting. Still having issues with my shoulder; trying to work and keep my composure at some of the junk that goes on there is not working, never mind having to deal with the pain and lack of concentration which is a result of all..long story, not for here... 
I am ok with having more people here, but I am concerned about keeping up the friendliness and peace at is great site. I do not know who else to invite.
Thanks to both Barb and Beth for this site I love you 
Do you have any idea?
I think that having an 'open' forum will involve a lot of work on the admins! I mean, checking the site for trolls, spam, etc..I remember that was the problem at the original site. We do have a good group here, but we have room for many more people.
I occasionally lurk on the last site..It seems to have gone downhill a bit..nicely put:lol: 

7 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Barbara101

what bother's the heck out of me is that HE ran off MG but did not say one word to that trash about anything she did.

admin cares nothing for that forum..

8 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:58 pm

bethk

Admin
Well, if anyone here would like to invite someone to join, especially if they are chatty....feel free.

If there are any issues with rude or nasty I have no problem blocking the person. I don't even have to apologize....who would they complain to??.....the administration? (That's Barb or me ***** hahahahahahaha - we have no tolerance for that type of behavior)

9 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, if anyone here would like to invite someone to join, especially if they are chatty....feel free.

If there are any issues with rude or nasty I have no problem blocking the person.  I don't even have to apologize....who would they complain to??.....the administration?   (That's Barb or me ***** hahahahahahaha - we have no tolerance for that type of behavior)

Evelyn (ERead) Can't wait to steart joining in the conversations.
She has a lot on her plate recently with the chemo therapy in Texas, but she is doing great. She is so sorry she cannot get her iPad to post pictures of her foods.
She said when she gets back home, she will use her AOL on her computer.
She is a fighter of her disease and cannot wait to get back to normal after being attached to Xray's and Cancer Drugs.

Beth... I know of one on my old computer. Let me take a look!!

10 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Barbara101

I know of one on my old computer. Let me take a look!!

Be careful.  lol! 

11 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:44 am

Crybaby

I occasionally lurk on the last site..It seems to have gone downhill a bit..nicely put:lol:

Yeah, CG, I occasionally go on the last site too.  The good thing is that it makes me appreciate this forum so very much.  So calm, peaceful and on point.  And no braggadocias either! Not to mention no religious, racial or political rants!

12 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I don't remember who it was, but it struck me funny. Maybe Beth remembers or Barbara.... it was way way back in 2007 on c.com.

Someone had an avatar that had sparkling motion on it....I think it was cherries sparkling. The member was siver something or other??? But anyway....someone complained that the sparkling avatar made them dizzy and or it was very annoying. hahahahahahaha
That was a Crock of xxxx.

13 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Barbara101

must have been Bugster. 

she is funny.But she does have major cooking fails & is just way out there.she would be the one that would get dizzy  

14 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 pm

bethk

Admin
Gosh, I KNOW the name for that avatar but it's stuck on the tip of my tongue. She had difficulty growing herbs, they all died or dried up or something strange. But for some reason I keep thinking the lady passed away....one of the other members knew her apparently....maybe pea, not sure.

But complaining about something like that seems so self-centered and petty. I do remember when it happened and the site was still sort of new and super busy. I don't think anyone made any comment other than to say they LIKED seeing the sparkle. I kind of appreciate everyone here who seems to believe if you can't say something nice, just say nothing at all.

What ever happened to the lady from Texas who got to go to chef lessons in restaurants? She had an avatar with a classic Mustang I think. I remember when she talked about meeting Robert Irvine at his restaurant, Eat, in Hilton. She did a lot of traveling and always had some wonderful stories to tell.

Well, as soon as one of us thinks of the sparkling cherry member, please drop the name in here. I probably won't come up with the name until 3:00 am......aaarrrggghhhhh

15 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Barbara101

Let me know who gets dizzy  

16 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:14 pm

bethk

Admin
Sally !!!

All I had to do was see the cherries and there was her name.....lol

17 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Sally !!!

All I had to do was see the cherries and there was her name.....lol

That's it Beth! Sally! She was sickly and only weighed like 94 lbs. She would gain 2 pounds and lose three. Poor Thing. She was so nice too!

The other one silver...I remembered Silver Sage. Still around too.

Remember hlbury and Randy... Randy in Green Font.

18 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Geeze.... I'm over working my brain today.

I'll probably have a nightmare about all the disappeard members coming after me and throwing rotten tomatoes at me. hahahaha

19 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm

bethk

Admin
I do remember how argumentative Randy was....you could say it was white and he'd come back with something about how it wasn't white but just the absence of color.

Every time someone mentions hard cooked eggs I think of him...

I think he and Norm were really close....

Hahahahahahahaha....just a joke, Norm, just a joke

20 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:18 pm

NormM

Randy would do an internet search and cite several sources about the 'color' white too. Gosh I miss him. We used to have the friendliest discussions.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

21 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:27 pm

bethk

Admin
Hahahahahahaha!

I started to giggle to myself just as soon as I saw you had posted here....boy, it's been years, but I can still see his posts.

Now THAT'S the stuff I don't miss. We may be boring, but at least we're nice.

22 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

And I'm still trying to boil eggs without the yolks turning green!

23 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:And I'm still trying to boil eggs without the yolks turning green!

oh that's easy.I never boiled eggs right till Nancy MD told how she does it. I have never had a green ring since  

24 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:And I'm still trying to boil eggs without the yolks turning green!

oh that's easy.I never boiled eggs right till Nancy MD told how she does it. I have never had a green ring since  

This would be one for Beth and Norm to see if we should fire this topic back up again. ?? hahahahahahaha

25 Re: I am wondering if we should open on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:35 pm

bethk

Admin
Ah, how about you just go to the grocery store and buy the already cooked eggs out of the dairy dept???

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum