Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thunder and lightning show !

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Thunder and lightning show ! Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I usually couldn't tell you why I awoke in the night.  It just happens.  But tonight I KNOW why I'm checking in the forum when I'm normally sound asleep....

We just had a storm roll through the area and the lightning was amazing.  It didn't seem to be right on top of us, but rather in the distance but it was the kind that is long and horizontal across the night sky.  I love to sit on the porch and watch and smell the rain as its coming down.  I don't think we're getting a huge amount of rain but rather a soft shower that will soak in instead of flood.

2Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I usually couldn't tell you why I awoke in the night.  It just happens.  But tonight I KNOW why I'm checking in the forum when I'm normally sound asleep....

We just had a storm roll through the area and the lightning was amazing.  It didn't seem to be right on top of us, but rather in the distance but it was the kind that is long and horizontal across the night sky.  I love to sit on the porch and watch and smell the rain as its coming down.  I don't think we're getting a huge amount of rain but rather a soft shower that will soak in instead of flood.

Oh! Beth....I love to sit outside in the rain and watch the lightening and Boom Booms. Tina yells at me, and I just stand by the porch / deck railing with my big black umbrella.
If the lightening gets too close, I will move back inside, but still look out the windows watching. Just love it!

3Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Oh! Beth....I love to sit outside in the rain and watch the lightening and Boom Booms. Tina yells at me, and I just stand by the porch / deck railing with my big black umbrella.
If the lightening gets too close, I will move back inside, but still look out the windows watching. Just love it!

Brian and I love storms, too, Jimmy. But standing outside holding a lightning rod (the umbrella) is asking for it. You'd be surprised how far that lightning can travel.

4Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:

Brian and I love storms, too, Jimmy.  But standing outside holding a lightning rod (the umbrella) is asking for it.  You'd be surprised how far that lightning can travel.

I know! That lightening will sneak up on you!

I'll never forget in Jr. High School, we had a review on safety in the auditorium, and the principal was there to announce and as a master of ceremonies to welcome the science and fire team. They instructed us on how never to take refuge under a tree in a lightening storm.
That weekend, it was in the newspaper, that the Principal and some other men were at the Golf Coarse and it was raining. They huddled under a tree. He was struck with lightening, and the golf spikes burned right through and burned his feet bottoms.
I guess he didn't pay attention to the lecture. he was OK except for the burns.

5Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

we have some scattered T storm today and finally got a bit of rains, about 10 minutes, enough to form some puddles on the streets but not enough to wet the hot concrete.. it cools off a bit but now the humidity reaches up to 50% Thunder and lightning show ! 1450907917 Thunder and lightning show ! 387840482

6Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

50% humidity????.......be happy!

Our humidity has been in the 93 - 97% ! It's hot and steamy....and miserable with rain predicted every day for the next week.

But I still wouldn't want the heat you get....stay cool any way you can.

7Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

50% humidity????.......be happy!

Our humidity has been in the 93 - 97% ! It's hot and steamy....and miserable with rain predicted every day for the next week.

You took the words right out of my mouth! We'd KILL for 50% humidity and we'd call it a good hair day, too!

8Thunder and lightning show ! Empty Re: Thunder and lightning show ! Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today, Wednesday, July 10th, we had a severe thunderstorm blow through....65 mph winds and lots of thunder, lightening and lots of rain. The 10 yr. old, dog and one of the cats had to go sit in the furnace room closet under the stairs....Grandma (who is clostrophobic) told the 10 yr. old it was too crowded in the closet so SHE would sit outside the closet......

The storm lasted about 45 minutes and now that its over I was able to walk in the yard and see its all flooded. DD#2 purchased a 16' pool and put it up a week ago. It's rained every day since she got it up and filled. Everyday she thinks the 10 yr. old can swim and every day she changes her mind....lol. So every day HE gets to play video games instead of going outside for physical activity....but this will end soon, I'm sure and then he'll be all pruney and water logged.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum