Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My mornings now

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My mornings now on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:31 am

Barbara101

that I cut the cable cord.

I watch some of my fav shows on my PC.

I just watched Major Grimes..TNT fav. gosh good ..

then I watched PBS Inspector Lewis.PBS is the only channel I really miss. But since I can watch it online thats just fine.

I must have been somewhere else in the world & never watched Big Valley

3 of the best looking men EVER!!!!!drool drool. Even dirty they look just fine..

Nothing will make me turn back on my paying for cable again...

2 Re: My mornings now on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Crybaby

I wish I had the guts to do it, as it's sooo expensive in N.O. but I'm sure Brian would shrivel up and die, especially since he just retired!

New Orleans is such a small market that each parish has only one cable company which leads to expensive cable. No competition is not a good thing, trust me. You've got nowhere to go except Dish or AT&T, both of which people also gripe about. Plus I've been at peoples' houses in a light rain and it seems that the damn dish goes out all the time. A few of them watched the repairman when he came out so they now know how to go outside and giggle it in the right place like the repairman does. Now THAT would infuriate me, too!

3 Re: My mornings now on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Barbara101

I bought a air antenna at wal mart.I hooked it up to the back of my tv & poof I get the cbs,nbc,abc,fox,metv,cw,wwmp,3 spanish lol. one all black programs.I tell ya I have plenty of stuff to watch.

today I watched Meet the Brown's OMG I laughed so hard.

I have to watch PBS on my pc but thats ok.I watch some programs I liked on TNT. Rizzole,Major Crimes.I like Longmire too. that is on A&E but I can get my fill of the hunky cowboy man.geek even tho he is much smaller on my monitor lol! 

nothing will make me pay $100 a month for tv again.

4 Re: My mornings now on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 pm

bethk

Admin
I wish I could convince a certain Mr. Amazing of that fact......sigh, I don't see it happening in this lifetime.

5 Re: My mornings now on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Crybaby

We have a "bundle" with Cox Cable, which includes phone, TV and Internet. Our bill now runs about $225 a month, which is really criminal. The fast internet costs $55 a month but then we have one DVR box, one regular "box" and two flat screens in the bedrooms which are just plugged into regular cable. And we also subscribe to HBO, which we can get only on the two TVs that have the cable boxes. I'd have a hard time giving up HBO, though I admit to thinking about it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum