Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CR wrong wrong

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CR wrong wrong Empty CR wrong wrong Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

do you really go by what they say??????

I USED too.

But I have bought stuff they said was better then..

I just read that the MR COFFEE maker is rated better then BUNN.......NO freaking way.I bought one on whim & that thing made the worst coffee. yuck is to good a word for the slop it made.

Then it goes on to say GIADA has the BEST tomato/& sauces. NO WAY..

BTW I saw BUNN (s) on sale at a store by me. $60. I am going to get one for a back up..

CR..CR wrong wrong 740269346

2CR wrong wrong Empty Re: CR wrong wrong Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I usually ask people I know about something I'm thinking of purchasing, especially if I'm not familiar with it.  Consumer Reports must surely survey people who have nothing in common with me!

LOL

3CR wrong wrong Empty Re: CR wrong wrong Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 am

NormM

NormM

I have found the same kind of disparities with Cooks Ill. product reviews.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4CR wrong wrong Empty Re: CR wrong wrong Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

we can't believe everything we read on the nets... we need to try it (product or food) ourselves before we decide to either like it or not.. our taste buds are different Laughing  like in the last week CI show.. he said that Sriracha chili sauce was the winner, but for my taste bud.. there are many much better chili sauce from my country.. and oh for sure my homemade chili sauce tastes much better too lol!

5CR wrong wrong Empty Re: CR wrong wrong Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I have found the same kind of disparities with Cooks Ill. product reviews.

I'd agree with you some of the time, Norm, but then I never take a review from a magazine/publisher as gospel.  But the reason I like CI's reviews is because they don't have advertising.  I was in advertising for years and we called someone who does business with someone (like a magazine with an advertiser) and recommends them "whoring."  No lie.

I don't get Consumer Reports and whenever I check them out online for a review, I'd have to pay to get one.  I just Google something like "reviews for coffee makers" to see what "normal" people have to say.  

But I know plenty of people like you who can't stand Cook's Illustrated for a bunch of reasons.  I'm no fan of the editor (CK) but I do indeed love the magazine -- I just like reading about the "why" of something.  Often times over the years, Brian has asked me why I do something while cooking and I have no clue other than it's the way I was shown when I was a kid.  I enjoy reading that there's actually a scientific reason behind it, even if I didn't know what the heck it was!  clown

6CR wrong wrong Empty Re: CR wrong wrong Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:30 pm

NormM

NormM

The CI magazine does not run ads but they take money from companies.   I know because when I took their newletter,  I got computer spam once saying that since I liked Cooks, I'd probably enjoy their product. I sent a note to CI to complain and they said they didn't have control over their 'underwriters.' If that isn't whoring, its damned dishonest.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

7CR wrong wrong Empty Re: CR wrong wrong Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:The CI magazine does not run ads but they take money from companies.   I know because when I took their newletter,  I got computer spam once saying that since I liked Cooks, I'd probably enjoy their product. I sent a note to CI to complain and they said they didn't have control over their 'underwriters.' If that isn't whoring, its damned dishonest.

I wholeheartedly agree, Norm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum