Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was I thinking???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What was I thinking??? Empty What was I thinking??? Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Many, many years ago....25-30 yrs., we let our girls decide how to decorate their own bedrooms.  DD#1's bedroom hasn't been changed until now.  GS is going to be living in it so it was time to get busy.

So today we pulled up the filthy cream colored carpeting....oh, so dirty!  And then it was time to pull the wallpaper off the bottom half of the walls....the little flowers and tiny pink hearts are not in the decorating scheme for the GS I'm sure.  

Why in the world did I ever agree to put that wallpaper on the walls?  I should have realized it would have to be removed one day.  Now we have to do some repairs, paint and have carpet or laminate installed.  I feel bad for the little guy because he's been camping on the couch or with his mom in her king size bed for the last week or so.  I just can't stand all the disruption.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

2What was I thinking??? Empty Re: What was I thinking??? Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:01 pm

NormM

NormM

That might be as bad as trying to remove 100 stickers from Charlie's bedroom door when I moved.  This room that has the computer in it was a girls room and I suspect they had the same problem.  They just painted it white. You can still see remnants of tape residue.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3What was I thinking??? Empty Re: What was I thinking??? Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Ceee

I went on a wallpapering spree many years ago too.  Peeling wallpaper has got to be one of the worst jobs ever, and I've asked myself the same question What was I thinking??? 2855670339.  I'm down to one bathroom with wallpaper.  I've had it taken out of the laundry room, two bathrooms, the kitchen, and the entry.  I would have done it myself if it had all been on the lower parts of the wall like yours.  But No......I did full sheets of wallpaper on rooms with tall ceilings.  Cost a pretty penny to get it all taken down, and those guys were cussing me because I wouldn't let them paint over it.  That wasn't the agreement, and I didn't back down Very Happy.  Good luck with your project, Beth.  May your paper come off in large sheets with no tiny little pieces left behind What was I thinking??? 4056093967.

I went to Lowe's yesterday to look at some materials for my new project.  I'm going to frame my bathroom mirror.  There are a gazillion choices of trim and sizes to choose from.  My head started swimming, and I came home.  I'm going to go back with a picture of the trim around the window and see if I can do better the second time around.

4What was I thinking??? Empty Re: What was I thinking??? Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The wallpaper all came off...I'm just glad I put sizing on the walls before we put it up.  Of course, after I was done DD#1 called and reminded me it would have been easier to remove with my steamer....DUH!  Why I didn't think of that is beyond me.  Must be old age.

GS wants laminate instead of carpeting so we'll be removing the base.  Then I can spread it out on the sub flooring before they get started and get it painted.  After the floor goes in we'll just fill the nail holes and touch up.  He wants a light grey-blue color so at least it will still be a sort of neutral...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum