Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

trying the indoor grill thing again

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1trying the indoor grill thing again Empty trying the indoor grill thing again Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:32 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

since it is so hot here & I can't be outside long enough to grill .I am on the hunt again for a indoor stove top grill.

I have used  the lodge CI, it was hard to clean & smoked up the whole house. Gave it away.
HATED the George Formans. hard to clean & hated the lid.

I had to give my DD the sanyo I bought too. Way to big & was hard to clean.

the cheap-o grill pan I bought cheap, warped.

I don't like the floppy lid they put on these things. so scratch those.
I want one that is easy to clean.Does not fill my house with smoke.

Is there such a thing????

2trying the indoor grill thing again Empty Re: trying the indoor grill thing again Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:39 pm

JanaAZ

I have 2 that I use.  One is my Le Creuset grill pan.  It's a large one that isn't available anymore.  It works really well.  Then this year, Costco had a grill pan/griddle combination that is lightweight and it works well, too.  You are always going to get some smoke from them.  If  you have a fan in your kitchen, I'd use it.  If I could figure out how to post photos on here from my desktop, I'd post a photo of some pork chops I made a few weeks ago. 

As far as being hard to clean, I found that if I soak them that helps.  I do take a sponge or rag and go through each space on the pan.  It takes about 2 or 3 minutes, but it does work.  I also often take a paper towel and go down each space to get any residual gunk out of it.  I believe they also sell scrubbies that are made to work in these things. 

When it's 115 outside and the sun is beating on my stainless steel grill, I don't have much choice but to use  one of these pans.  My old house had a huge covered patio...but the new place in Phx has a tiny one, so the grill gets too hot to touch even before it's turned on.

3trying the indoor grill thing again Empty Re: trying the indoor grill thing again Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Ceee

I've also thrown out some of the cheapo grill pans.  I've never had a cast iron grill pan, but I've considered buying one.  I'll have to think of alternatives. 

I have come to love my George Foreman.  When I'm through cooking, I just put a wet paper towel on it, shut the lid, and when I'm through eating, it's cool enough to clean.  The wet towel kind of steams the gunk loose, and I find it easy to clean.  It hasn't been used much, so as it ages I might change my mind.Question

4trying the indoor grill thing again Empty Re: trying the indoor grill thing again Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barb, it's hot as hell here, too (heat index is about 100 lately).  But we still manage to grill outside though Brian usually does the heavy work himself (I'm laughing here).  I, too, have been thinking of getting some kind of stovetop grill that fits over two burners but then I decided it would get the stove so freaking dirty that I would hate using it.  Suzy homemaker I'm not and I hate cleaning more than anything in the world!  I guess Brian's going to have to keep putting up with the heat!

5trying the indoor grill thing again Empty Re: trying the indoor grill thing again Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Barb, I'm with Crybaby.

Put an ad in the paper and get yourself a nice Cabana Boy...one who loves the heat.

No way am I getting a stovetop grill and having all that spattering on my stove, hood and walls.  So much more to clean up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum