Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tomato tart

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tomato tart Empty Tomato tart on Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

JanaAZ

Today I made an appetizer for my barbecue. I didn’t write up a recipe but I can tell you what I did.  

Place puff pastry in a removable bottom pan and dock with a fork to keep it from huge puffing. Brush egg wash over pastry and bake at 400 degrees for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown 

The filling is made with about a cup of ricotta cheese; 3 minced green onions, 1/4 cup minced parsley, 1 tsp lemon juice and lemon zest to taste, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together, then strain to remove excess liquid. 

Spread ricotta mixture on cooled pastry, then top with halved heirloom  tomatoes which have been drained.  Tear some basil leaves on top, then drizzle with a little balsamic glaze. Balsamic glaze is made by heating balsamic vinegar with a little honey until it thickens. 

You’ll want to serve this quickly. You don’t want the puff pastry to get soggy.

Tomato tart 05_28_10

2Tomato tart Empty Re: Tomato tart on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby
JanaAZ wrote:Today I made an appetizer for my barbecue. I didn’t write up a recipe but I can tell you what I did.  

Place puff pastry in a removable bottom pan and dock with a fork to keep it from huge puffing. Brush egg wash over pastry and bake at 400 degrees for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown 

The filling is made with about a cup of ricotta cheese; 3 minced green onions, 1/4 cup minced parsley, 1 tsp lemon juice and lemon zest to taste, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together, then strain to remove excess liquid. 

Spread ricotta mixture on cooled pastry, then top with halved heirloom  tomatoes which have been drained.  Tear some basil leaves on top, then drizzle with a little balsamic glaze. Balsamic glaze is made by heating balsamic vinegar with a little honey until it thickens. 

You’ll want to serve this quickly. You don’t want the puff pastry to get soggy.

Tomato tart 05_28_10

Looks delicious, Judy! Super way to use homegrown or locally grown tomatoes.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum