Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January?

+3
NormM
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I need to come up with some different dishes to use the peapods that we're harvesting.

Second time in a week I made a stirfry......

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 01_14_10

102NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Niagara Visitor

I would be very happy to eat one of those at least 3 times a week!

103NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:I would be very happy to eat one of those at least 3 times a week!

and you would be welcome to my table every time!

I've been hungry for a meal Jimmy posted a pic of a while ago. It seems every couple of days it would come across my radar and my mouth would start to water just thinking about it. So, I finally gave in to my hunger and I wasn't the only one who was happy it was on the table. Mr. Amazing had seconds and looked at me and said, "you probably shouldn't make this again for a while....." LOL

I did change it up a bit to be just what I wanted. Normally it doesn't contain any celery but we both LIKE celery so I added as much celery as I did onion (which was a lot) but I didn't add it until after the onion had softened. I wanted the celery to retain a bit of texture, much like I prefer my stir fry. The macaroni was fairly al dente as well, which will be good when I reheat the second half for another meal or maybe lunches.

The dinner roll was just the right thing to aid in pushing it on to my fork!

So tell Ms. Tina, "THANK YOU", for me, Jimmy! She really got me on this one. I don't think I've made it in 10 years or more.....just one of those meals that falls out of the meal rotation and you kind of forget about, until someone reminds you and you can't get it off your mind!

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 01_15_10

104NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

What is it called?

105NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Goulash, American Goulash or Johnny Marzetti......macaroni with hamburger cooked in a tomato sauce.

106NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie requested this. He said he'd had it in New York a few years ago and thought it was really good. It's chicken with rice and a white sauce.NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 20190117

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

107NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:I would be very happy to eat one of those at least 3 times a week!

and you would be welcome to my table every time!  

I've been hungry for a meal Jimmy posted a pic of a while ago.  It seems every couple of days it would come across my radar and my mouth would start to water just thinking about it.  So, I finally gave in to my hunger and I wasn't the only one who was happy it was on the table.  Mr. Amazing had seconds and looked at me and said, "you probably shouldn't make this again for a while....."  LOL

I did change it up a bit to be just what I wanted.  Normally it doesn't contain any celery but we both LIKE celery so I added as much celery as I did onion (which was a lot) but I didn't add it until after the onion had softened.  I wanted the celery to retain a bit of texture, much like I prefer my stir fry.  The macaroni was fairly al dente as well, which will be good when I reheat the second half for another meal or maybe lunches.

The dinner roll was just the right thing to aid in pushing it on to my fork!

So tell Ms. Tina, "THANK YOU", for me, Jimmy!  She really got me on this one.  I don't think I've made it in 10 years or more.....just one of those meals that falls out of the meal rotation and you kind of forget about, until someone reminds you and you can't get it off your mind!

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 01_15_10

I'll tell her ...... thank you!
It is good; i'll admit, but it is hard to stop shoveling more of it on the plate.
My cousin made it after "T" gave her the recipe, and they ate it freshly made, three ( 3 ) days in a row.
Her husband's glucose level was at three hundred for 3 days. affraid

108NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beef Chuck Stew today....

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Img_1321

109NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:27 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Liam and Aunt Maria making funny faces yesterday!

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Img_5910

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Img_5912

110NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Great, Jimmy.......NOW I'm hungry for stew. It's not Dane's favorite so I'll probably go with an oven roasted pot roast.

Hope I can find a decent chuck roast on sale.....

Going out with a few neighbors tonight. Probably will have leftovers on Thursday......

Friday is a BIG celebration dinner with friends in the neighborhood - their 49th anniversary is today and they're going to go out with us on Friday because it'll be our 50th anniversary.

111NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Great, Jimmy.......NOW I'm hungry for stew. It's not Dane's favorite so I'll probably go with an oven roasted pot roast.

Hope I can find a decent chuck roast on sale.....

Going out with a few neighbors tonight. Probably will have leftovers on Thursday......

Friday is a BIG celebration dinner with friends in the neighborhood - their 49th anniversary is today and they're going to go out with us on Friday because it'll be our 50th anniversary.

Happy Anniversary to Beth and Dane, and your friends.
Question Gee, I wonder what piece of gold you will get?
A $100.00 gold coin would be nice.

112NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

50 $100.00 gold coins would be nicer. LOL

113NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:50 $100.00 gold coins would be nicer.  LOL

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 4056093967 ..... Good Choice Beth.

Supper tonight. Tina made golden cheese topped and melted so crisp, Shepherds Pie ....

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Img_1322

114NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Golly....enough cheese for you, jimmy? Bet you're still smilin'

115NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Golly....enough cheese for you, jimmy?   Bet you're still smilin'
Actually it was 8 oz of swiss cheese grated on top of the mashed bob evans mashed potatoes. If I made it, I would put 8 oz on top the meat under the potatoes also. hahahahaha

116NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:I need to come up with some different dishes to use the peapods that we're harvesting.  

Second time in a week I made a stirfry......

NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 01_14_10

Is there a local food bank that could benefit from your abundance?

117NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:Golly....enough cheese for you, jimmy?   Bet you're still smilin'
Actually it was 8 oz of swiss cheese grated on top of the mashed bob evans mashed potatoes. If I made it, I would put 8 oz on top the meat under the potatoes also. hahahahaha

You sound like Katie. She has a little bit of dinner with her melted cheese. I made French onion soup one day and she put an entire package of swiss cheese on top.

118NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:25 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yeah Debbie...
I like the cheese in every fork full.

119NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper today, was for me, 2 Gorton Fish cakes that Tina blasted in the toaster oven, and was nice and crispy on one side, but wet and sticky on the other side.
She didn't read the directions which said, "turn over and finish heating, till crisp and lightly browned!"
I had peas for a veggie.

120NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went out to Texas Roadhouse Wednesday with some of the neighbors. Dane and I both had their 6-oz. sirloin, medium rare, and it came out to be a perfect size and cooked exactly right. The other four were just as happy with their choices.

Last night we had the leftover goulash....it was better the first night we had it but it wasn't too soft. I did have to thin t out a bit with some Spicy V-8 juice. Warmed up the last of brioche rolls from the freezer. I usually buy a package and wrap the rolls individually so they don't freezer burn and I can reheat only what we need.

Tonight we're going to go to the place in Leesburg, about 10-miles away, for our anniversary celebration. Neighbors who celebrated their 49th anniversary on Wednesday are going with us so we can shock people with 99 years of marriage. Maybe we'll sing, "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" and really irritate everyone in the restaurant! LOL

121NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:49 pm

NormM

NormM

I made Korean chicken wings with a ginger glaze for dinner tonight.NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 20190119

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

122NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Tonight we're going to go to the place in Leesburg, about 10-miles away, for our anniversary celebration. Neighbors who celebrated their 49th anniversary on Wednesday are going with us so we can shock people with 99 years of marriage.  Maybe we'll sing, "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" and really irritate everyone in the restaurant!  LOL

Happy Anniversary, Beth! Fifty years is too cool. I thought we were hot stuff as we celebrate 40 years in April. I hope we live long enough to celebrate 50 years! I hope your dinner celebration is both fun and delicious.

Happy New Year to all of you!

123NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Niagara Visitor

Congratulations!  Yes, 50 is quite a goal.  We made it that far too, had a small family dinner (18 people) Hubby was already not well, showing signs of PSP.

124NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

She God ( hahahahaha ) said it will be 53 years April 23.
I'm glad she remembers....

Happy Anniversary Beth and Dane.

125NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW YEAR 2019. Whats cooking January? Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Penne Pasta with Jar sauce and meatballs for suppper...

A chocolate dixie cup of ice cream for dessert.

It's getting tougher and tougher to decide and plan meals lately.
Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum