Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not a big deal but this came today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not a big deal but this came today Empty Not a big deal but this came today Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:02 pm

NormM

NormM

Not a big deal but this came today 20181212
This stove is just over a year old now. It came with an aluminum center griddle. I didn't think I'd use it much and planned to replace it with a grate like is on there now... but I used it alot and instead got a reversible  cast iron griddle and used it a lot too.  But lately it has not been used much so I finally ordered the grate.  I guess I'll find out if I end up using it much.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I am still green with envy over your range, Norm. I'm really getting to like the quick response of my new induction range but I still wish I could have one just like yours in my kitchen.

3Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 pm

NormM

NormM

Your stove is much faster than mine.

4Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:48 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I am still green with envy over your range, Norm.  I'm really getting to like the quick response of my new induction range but I still wish I could have one just like yours in my kitchen.

In my old house, we couldn't have gas so I had induction. I loved it. Sorry to hear you don't like yours very much..

5Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, I like my induction.....liking it more every time I use it.

But I'm still envious of those who have gas available because I loved my gas stove.

I'm still working on the 'ins-n-outs' of cooking on the induction. The hardest thing is getting use to how fast it comes to a boil. I haven't convinced myself to stop using the 'P' Power setting to get such fast heat. I need to pay closer attention and not get distracted.......so far I've only boiled over one time ~ but it happened in the blink of an eye!

6Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:Not a big deal but this came today 20181212
This stove is just over a year old now. It came with an aluminum center griddle. I didn't think I'd use it much and planned to replace it with a grate like is on there now... but I used it alot and instead got a reversible  cast iron griddle and used it a lot too.  But lately it has not been used much so I finally ordered the grate.  I guess I'll find out if I end up using it much.

Am laughing, Norm, as ours came with a griddle grate, too -- we never dreamed we'd use it as much as we did. As you know, we, too, got a cast iron reversible griddle, too, which we've yet to use.

But luckily, our stove came with the grate over that center burner. The griddle hooks right onto the grate when we use it. I do plan to use the cast iron griddle but it's heavy and I'm usually looking to get something cooked quickly so I opt for the lighter one that came with the stove rather than dig out the heavier one!

Glad you like your stove as much as we like ours. Beth, I know what you mean about loving gas but I think you made the best choice you could. I had no idea they heated up that fast. Do you miss the pots and pans that you gave your SIL?

7Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:33 pm

NormM

NormM

I have not used the grate yet. I put the cast iron grill on the other day to do a couple steaks.Not a big deal but this came today 20190118

8Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I still want hash browns......

my mouth is watering!

9Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:

Glad you like your stove as much as we like ours. Beth, I know what you mean about loving gas but I think you made the best choice you could. I had no idea they heated up that fast. Do you miss the pots and pans that you gave your SIL?

The only pan I really miss is my 12" Calphalon non-stick wok.  I used that pan for everything.  It had a great slope to the sides, just like a normal wok, but was only about 8" where it sat on the burner.  It had a heavy, 3-ply bottom and held the heat really well.

I found a 'sort of' wok at BBB but it's wider on the bottom and has short, rounded sides.  It's really thin metal, too.  But, heck, it was only about $20 so I can't expect too much.

There was a nice 14" non-stick wok, shaped much like my Calphalon one, but 14" is just too big.  It doesn't fit in the cabinet well and none of my pan lids fit the top.  I'll find one someday and I'll bite the bullet and buy but right now I'm set in pots & pans.

When I talked to Cheryle she said she loves that pan, too!  So that's a good thing.

10Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:25 am

Cookin Lore

I am very late to read this discussion. I bought a new stove when I re-did my kitchen two years ago. (Frigidaire Gallery slide in model) I am happy with how it works, but not happy about keeping it clean. the glass top is, in my opinion, much harder to clean than the three previous glass tops I have had. When my sons saw my stove they asked me why I didn't get an induction? I never looked at them. Are they easier to clean when stuff splatters? I have used the fine screen splatter guards when using a frying pan, but then the temperature is lowered, and my meat does not ger browned/crisp.

I can see me, one day when I get mad, just replacing the thing.

bethk likes this post

11Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

In my opinion, YES, my induction is much easier to keep clean.

If, say, a pot of potatoes boils over (and, yes, we ALL know what a mess THAT makes!) ~ as soon as I see it I can turn off the burner and it stops boiling immediately. I can then just empty the contents into another pot, put it on a clean burner and turn it on ~ comes back to a boil within seconds and then I turned it down to the appropriate simmering temperature.

Then, as for the 'boil over mess'.....I just throw on some paper towels or a dish cloth to sop up the moisture. The burner area is hot but not 'burning' hand hot. Then I spray it with some Formula 409 cleaner, maybe use a mesh scrubbie and then wipe clean with another clean cloth.

I've never had to use a glass top cleaner or (gasp!) a razor blade to scrape off the black, burned on gunk. If I'm making bacon or sausage patties in a skillet and there's going to be a lot of spatter I can place paper towels around the skillet ~ they won't catch on fire. Go figure!

My range is a Frigidaire ~ lower price. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the higher price slide in model because I really like the look so my backsplash shows more. And I really love my 'quick bake' feature that mimics a gigantic air fryer. It requires a learning curve until you find out how fast everything bakes but now I absolutely love it.

12Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:41 pm

Cookin Lore

Thanks for the info. I also like the fact that more backsplash shows. I'll send you two pictures of my backsplash, one behind the stove, one behind the sink. Just for fun, I have two designs (words) hanging on there! And yes, I have to scrape gunk off with that razorblade.

This is my third slide in stove, would have kept the first one, but I sold the house with it in. There, I had a stainless rod on the backsplash, and hung five or seven (odd numbers always look better than even) stainless cooking tools that I used most. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of it.

13Not a big deal but this came today Empty Re: Not a big deal but this came today Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My kitchen With reminders of what to do at stove and sink! Lol

Not a big deal but this came today 11_20_19

Not a big deal but this came today 11_20_20

Not a big deal but this came today 11_20_21

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum