Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OCTOBER, 2018 - What's cooking for dinner / supper?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Dane's been on his COPD meds for around 5 or 6 years....and he lost all excess weight.

The only time he's had to use his rescue inhaler was when we were up North and the humidity was so much different from what he's use to here now.  His breathing has improved a whole lot.  

So I know you can do it, too, Jimmy.  It's a long process but the rewards are great!  Go for it!

I'm glad Dane is doing better.
I only have one goal, and that's to get better and improve.

bethk

Admin
I got up this morning and putzed around waiting for Fresh Market to open. No way was I going to get there too late to get the ground chuck and $2.99/lb. chicken breasts this week.

So this afternoon I made two pots of chili for supper and to freeze. I used the hot banana peppers Dane grew. He was afraid I'd used too many but it's really not spicy at all.

No pic ~ you've all seen my chili a million times..............

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a great small pot of chicken soup. I picked off and cleaned the good meat from the bird we had the other day.
Had that for lunch.
Supper was fillet mignon. and sweet potatoes, steamed in the microwave.
I had arugula salad. Tina had farina ( stomach upset all day ).
Dessert was two cookies for me.

Poor Maria just got a call; one of the cows got loose, and is roaming around on Route 57 . God only knows where she is. The cops will alert us if she is spotted. Always something....

Bugster2

I just watched a video of Andrea Bocelli and his son Matteo Bocelli sing a duet off of his new album. I didn't know he had a son. Not only is he a physically beautiful young man but he sings like and angel. He is going to go places.

I am making a batch of deviled eggs for dinner. Joe only wants a sandwich. We don't know how many T & T's we will get and there is a cul de sac Halloween party we will probably visit.

Got a UTI and took some medicine that has made me sick. I don't really want to eat at all.

Found one of the cats drinking out of the toilet. Nice.

NormM

I am tired. I did more cooking today than I usually do in a week.  All the recipes were new to me and I know I could do better on at least two of them next time.  I think I will make dumplings for the left over chicken tomorrow.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

Admin
I went out shopping today and then put together the meatloaf for the freezer. I ended up with four 2 pound loafs in the freezer. I also used part of the ground chuck for 6 oz. patties. They're handy to have for burgers or if you just want a bit of ground beef in a marinara or casserole. By the time I was done I didn't feel like cooking supper so I got carry out. I'll cook tomorrow....

Bugster2

We had way over 100 Trick or Treaters. We closed up shop around 8pm and went around the corner to a cul-de-sac party and met our neighbors and got a look at their fantastic yards. They were at least 1/2 acre and one of them said the previous owner had spent over $100,000 on artificial turf. One had a putting green, pool, trampoline and several covered seating areas. A nice bbq with what had to have been a 15 foot palapa. The other yard, when they moved in had two pools, a glassed in metal house which contained an exercycle, a pink playhouse that was used as a she-shack, and over-grown plants. He turned the glass house into an outdoor seating area, removed the pink playhouse and filled in one pool. It also has a cement chess board that is 15-feet square. They both have unobstructed views of the wineries. Very nice if you entertain or have kids. A resort back yard.
Katie had a very good taco soup over there.

Crybaby

NormM wrote:We had poblanos roasted with cheese and shrimp and served on top of a red bell pepper sauce.

This looks super. Norm. I love, love, love poblano peppers and just about anything you put inside of them.

Crybaby

Debbie wrote:We had way over 100 Trick or Treaters.

Wow! We would've loved to get that many. The most we've ever gotten since we bought this house in 1998 was 5 groups -- five! Last night neither of us felt good so we were both upstairs quite early. No one rang the doorbell. Was thrilled to see Brian only bought one large bag of candy, as he normally takes full advantage of Halloween to buy copious amounts of bagged candy!

UNCLE JIMMY

Halloween started like 4 which were all the little tykes and dads or moms.
Then came the bigger kids..... and we had about 130 kids in all total.
Writing this, I have a butterfinger on my mind. hahahahaha

Heh Heh Hea ..... a certain somebody is up at the church, and the leftover bowl of candy is in the back room. I have to check it out! hahahahahahaha

Today was microwaved rubber stew and dry carrots. Tomato salad, and one thin slice of Panera's rubber Italian bread with fake butter spread....
Cottage cheese and peaches for dessert.

UNCLE JIMMY

Yesterday's Kale / Broccoli / spinach rotelli pasta with Tina's nice thick sauce with a chunk of pork that simmered in the sauce for three hours plus.

bethk

Admin
Jimmy, PUT THAT BUTTERFINGER DOWN!

LOL

Dane had golf scrambles this afternoon so we went out with the group after, so no cooking again today. Got to come up with something good for tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum