Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Bugster2

The lady that bought our house wouldn't close until pictures of all the seams in the rain gutters showed the gaps had been filled in and painted.

27 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:47 pm

bethk

Admin
We spent the day painting. Yeah, you heard right....Beth was painting. I HATE PAINTING!

Sooooo, pizza for supper. I'm pooped.

28 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:The lady that bought our house wouldn't close until pictures of all the seams in the rain gutters showed the gaps had been filled in and painted.

Well......ain't that a rainy day in hell! Suspect

29 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

TACO'S tonight for supper. Corn on the cob too!

Just waiting for Tina to get home from church...

30 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:17 pm

bethk

Admin
Boy, you move away from a place and they go and close your favorite pizza place. I ended up doing a search on "pizza near me" just to find a place. And it's a pizza / restaurant / bar all in the same location. I just wanted to order a pizza to go so the hostess told me to just sit at the bar and someone would take my order.....I don't think the bartender was thrilled that I just wanted to sit and wait for my pizza and not order anything else....oh, well......

I got home and the pizza was just what I wanted. I even joined Dane and had a beer. I can't remember the last time i drank a beer. But it was really good tonight!

31 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:44 pm

bethk

Admin
I can't figure out how to start a new post in "Home" so I'll just talk here.....this is where everyone looks anyway. LOL

I have to say this house hasn't looked this good in years. It's amazing how much larger it is when its almost empty. One bedroom is empty and the other one has a queen size bed and night stand wit a little TV sitting on it. The front porch is freshly painted (waiting for the rest of the windows to be washed) and is empty of junk that was stored there for the last 40 or so years....how we wasted that valuable space. I have a wicker set of Robin's that I bought some new cushions for to use for staging the porch. With white walls, clean windows all around and dark hardwood floors it will look pretty good. The new HVAC has a transferable warranty so we know that will be a good selling point. Other than the kitchen that needs to be gutted, it's looking good.

The third bedroom is downstairs, being used as a large dining room. But before we decided to retire in Florida we designed it so all we would have to do is add a set of French doors and it would be a master suite with a full bath and walk in closet. The room was a bedroom when we bought the house but after the girls grew up an moved out we only needed the bedrooms and bath up stairs so that's why I decided to use it as a dining room.

I'm just getting antsy to call the realtor to see what the place is worth. I don't know what any comparable homes have sold for. It should be interesting....

I just took a pic of the kitchen trash bin....just a tan plastic "tall" bin. But it's special to me. When my mom came to my bridal shower almost 50 years ago she filled it with bags of flour,sugar, cans of spices and kitchen towels and stuff as a gift. It's just recently cracked around the top lip, it's not long for usefulness.....but I washed it out, cleaned it up....I have to leave it for the new owners and I wanted it to at least be clean. I won't tell them how ancient it is, but they might get a few months use out of it. Mom would be shocked!

32 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Bugster2

Tacos tonight with pico de gallo and greasy fried shells, cheese and shredded lettuce.

In our last house, we had Cox Communications for TV, internet, phone. Each TV had to have a mini box to get the channels. I own several DVD recorders - not players. I called up Cox to get info on how to connect the recorder to the mini box. I was told "you can't do it". Several techs told me this. Ok. I don't believe it so I mess around with cables and such and get it connected. Right. It can't be done. I just went through the same BS with Frontier ( our new provider). I was told it can't be done and some of the techs had never heard of a DVD recorder that burns disks. I, naturally, don't believe them. So after a few frustrating attempts, I get it hooked up right. This is from electronics idiot.
I think the same thing when I am in a store and a clerk tells me (even though their computer tells them they do have it) that they are out of stock. I don't believe them. Most of the time I am right and find what I am looking for.

33 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:20 pm

NormM

I made a Thai dish called Herbed Pork Larbe with Chile. Also had bok choy and Charlie asked for a fruit salad I made last month again.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

34 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:12 pm

bethk

Admin
Going out with Dane's sister, cousins & aunt. Busy day again so I'm happy we had to get showered and cleaned up. This being together 24/7 is getting old fast.

35 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh dear .....bread and beer! ... No
BLT's with cheese and salami on toast tonight

The little apple pie from WalMart will be dessert soon.
I will take a coffee with that.

10 minutes later, Tina got sick from it. The bacon got stuck in her stomach.

36 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:06 pm

bethk

Admin
Oh, Poor Ms. Tina......I feel so bad for her.

Dinner out at an Italian place on the river in Toledo. The location was lovely, the food not so much. Jake and I ended up ordering the same dish - shrimp with spinach and sun dried tomatoes on homemade egg noodles. They failed to mention the copious amount of chopped garlic. Neither of us finished our meals. Oh well, just proves Grandma cooks the best.

37 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

12:30 noon, and supper is cooked.
Sausage cacciatore....

We will have it with angel hair on the side. Italian bread, and we will be all set.
Tina is way east of here, and in the city, she will have an opportunity to pick up some good Italian bread. Hopefully!!

38 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Here it is.....No angel air because we had Italian bread with it.

I separated the peppers. Tina doesn't eat green bell peppers.

39 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:21 pm

bethk

Admin
I did brats on the grill and sautéed zucchini and onions. Mixed up a sweet kale salad and called it supper.

40 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Bugster2

Tuna on wheat for us.
Just saw on the news that a new fire has started near our old house. Two miles up the road the area has been evacuated. I hope it doesn't reach the area of my old home.

41 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:55 pm

bethk

Admin
Tonight was a stove top version of Huli Huli chicken on rice and green beans. The Ohio green beans are so much better than I can get in Florida. But you fix what you get. I haven't had a chance to get homegrown tomatoes but I'm hoping for BLT's before we leave.

42 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tonight was a stove top version of Huli Huli chicken on rice and green beans. The Ohio green beans are so much better than I can get in Florida. But you fix what you get. I haven't had a chance to get homegrown tomatoes but I'm hoping for BLT's before we leave.

Grab some green and window sill ripen them when you get home.

43 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 pm

bethk

Admin
I'm thinking about taking some home with me but Dane is driving with the packed to the roof car and I'm going to fly. I'm sure we'll be back one more time to finish with the house so maybe there will be more space then.

44 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Linguini with Clams and Scallops....

Oh dear ..... It was lip smacking good!.
The juice was great to soak up with the Italian bread.

45 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 pm

bethk

Admin
That looks amazing, Jimmy

46 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That looks amazing, Jimmy

Thanks Beth.
Truthfully, I patted myself for that meal. I ate the whole frying pan full.
I didn't butter the bread, because I used butter in the sauce along with the wine. Tina wouldn't even taste it. She's not a seafood person.
What was great, was it just had a hint of garlic. 1/2 a spear microplaned.
Very Happy
NOT like you had in Toledo the other night! Garlic city huh?

47 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:00 pm

bethk

Admin
No supper tonight. Andrea and Josh came to bring Jacob a gaming computer Josh built for him. We all went out for lunch before the two of them turned around to head back to noblesville. I guess Josh enjoys building computers from scratch. He moves into his dorm at Perdue on Tuesday. I think Andrea will be lost with only one child to drive around.....but she's tough. She'll survive!

The realtor is coming tomorrow to take a look at the house. Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed that the meeting goes well. I just want to be done with it and go home! There's still stuff to clean, like the refrigerator my daughter still hasn't emptied of her condiments....but I have an empty trash bin that can solve that problem. Sometimes I wish abortion was legal at 43 years.....JUST KIDDING!

So, after talking with the realtor tomorrow I'll either be in a good mood or you won't hear from me.....LOL

48 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 pm

NormM

I made Goulash for dinner tonight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

49 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:48 pm

bethk

Admin
That looks good, Norm. When I was in high school it was called Johnny Marzetti. I've never known why.....LOL

50 Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was wishing for Chinese Pork fried rice, and Egg rolls....
So it was.............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum