Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner?

+4
Bugster2
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Norm, I think Michelle posted that shrimp in a glass pic.

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 911454047

That was sweet that you noticed, Jimmy, but no worries!  It really DID look like something Imelda made, didn't it? When she quoted it with the picture, I don't blame Norm for thinking she posted it.

I don't mind Norm's big pic either, Jimmy, but he might take it personally if his head keeps getting bigger!!!!

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 2876911673

NormM

NormM

I don't know how to re size it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I don't know how to re size it.

Don't worry about it, Norm. It will be fun to see how big it gets!!

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 2876911673  I'm sorry, Norm. I'm still laughing over here and I just couldn't help myself!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Personally, I LIKE your new avatar pic, Norm!

I don't have to 'squint' to see who's post it is......

LOL

I have a steak to put on the grill. But, OF COURSE, as soon as it got to be time to light the charcoal the rain started. It's been sunny (but humid) all day. Clear, blue skies. As soon as I want to have Dane start the grill the clouds roll in, there's thunder and lightning in the skies and it starts to pour.

So, sorry Charlie ~ supper's gonna be a little later than usual!

(I don't stand in the rain to cook for anyone)

bethk

bethk
Admin

The rains stopped (Lucky Me) so the steak went on the hot coals. There was a 'fat cap' on one side and it was thick enough that I could stand it on that edge to cook the fat first. It came out a good medium rare and the melted fat cap was SO delicious! Of course, it didn't hurt that I had a little too much butter for my potato so I slathered it on my sliced steak and then sprinkled it with some Kosher salt on my plate ~ YUM!

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 05_31_10

OK, Jimmy ~ You're in charge of starting a new thread for the month of June......

WHERE IS THE YEAR GOING SO FAST?????

NormM

NormM

Charlie asked me to get some bratwurst while I was at the store. I got some beer brats and thought I'd do them in the smoker and that I should get something else to put in there at the same time, so I got a slab of pork loin ribs and did them all together.May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 20180524
May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 20180522
May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 20180523

332May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Norm, I think Michelle posted that shrimp in a glass pic.

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 911454047

That was sweet that you noticed, Jimmy, but no worries!  It really DID look like something Imelda made, didn't it? When she quoted it with the picture, I don't blame Norm for thinking she posted it.

I don't mind Norm's big pic either, Jimmy, but he might take it personally if his head keeps getting bigger!!!!

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 2876911673

Sometimes, I don't even remember things I posted.

I know when I first saw the pic of the shrimp, I asked myself,"How did Imelda post this?" "I didn't even know she was back!"

333May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I don't know how to re size it.

It has to be sized where you store the photo. Just change it to 100 x 60 or close. Right now I inspected the photo, and it was 200 x 252 or something like that.

334May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 am

NormM

NormM

Its not working or I am doing something wrong. I made it smaller on the computer but it is still big when I transfer it back here.

335May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Its not working or I am doing something wrong. I made it smaller on the computer but it is still big when I transfer it back here.  
Hmmm.... that's odd!

Let me go back and see how my avatar original size is....

336May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:
NormM wrote:Imelda, your shrimp looks very interesting. I copied the recipe and will probably try it this summer.

See, Imelda? I told you it looked like your food!

haha
"blushing"

337May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
NormM wrote:Imelda, your shrimp looks very interesting. I copied the recipe and will probably try it this summer.

haha
"blushing"

Yeah, and L00K at the size of Imelda's Avatar. It's exactly the same size as Norms. I guess the forum people need to adjust the new sizes. ???

338May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

haha
"blushing"

Yeah, and L00K at the size of Imelda's Avatar. It's exactly the same size as Norms. I guess the forum people need to adjust the new sizes. ???

Maybe now the forum allows bigger size, I remember I had to resize my picture before uploading it for avatar, now I do not have to, which is good, because I don't know how to resize it, Dirk installed a new photo edition program on my computer

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just a note!
I started the new June 2018 threads for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch and Dinner May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 3921676023 May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 387840482

NormM

NormM

I have changed my copy note on the shrimp so Michelle gets credit for posting it.

Niagara Visitor

Company for dinner, again.  My 94 year old aunt has moved (well almost) into a different retirement residence, only about a 7 minute drive for me, from 200 miles away.  Her brother is keeping her busy while Aunt's two sons and I move all her stuff into the new place, hopefully we'll be done tomorrow. 

So, it's dinner at my place tonight.  I have a large pork roast in the oven, made some tzatziki, potatoes are going in for baking in a few minutes.  Mixed salad to go along as a side.  Ice cream with raspberries and blueberries for dessert.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Love this pic, Norm! How old were you there?

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I have changed my copy note on the shrimp so Michelle gets credit for posting it.

You shouldn't have wasted your time, Norm, as that was certainly unnecessary! I think maybe Imelda DID make that dish!

NormM

NormM

It looks to me like I was about 7 or so.

345May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:34 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:It looks to me like I was about 7 or so.

You sure were cute as a button at 7 -- darling smile, too!

Bugster2

Bugster2

I don't want to cook. I am too tired emotionally and physically from this house thing.
Friday night we went to the Greek Theater to see the Jethro Tull 50th anniversary tour. They were very good. Ian Anderson is quite the character. The only thing bad was that I froze to death. I just have no insulation. I had to leave mid-concert and go hug one of their heat lamps. While I was doing that this young gay guy comes up to me and starts talking. He said don't lean on the torch because It might tip. I thanked him and said I was aware of danger. I told him I was freezing to death. He then asked me if I had some antacids because something he ate was giving him grief. I whipped out one of my trusty Pepcid chewables and he was so surprised and grateful. He was so nice. LOL. Debbie is a walking medicine cabinet.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Osso Bucco Tina Made. Good?.... Ehh!
Seasoned great. Tina made it. Only thing is, in between the meat, is like a Jell.
Feels funny in my mouth. Tina likes jelled stuff.

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Img_0915

348May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Niagara Visitor

I've been busy, busy, busy with getting my 94 year old aunt into a new retirement residence.  I thought everything was going really great............................ until.................. she said "No, the dishes don't go in there, they go here etc., etc. "  Oh, Lord, give me patience.  No time to cook, her son is here from British Columbia and we've been eating out.  I just wonder, what will I be doing and arguing about when I'm 94????

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:I've been busy, busy, busy with getting my 94 year old aunt into a new retirement residence.  I thought everything was going really great............................ until.................. she said "No, the dishes don't go in there, they go here etc., etc. "  Oh, Lord, give me patience.  No time to cook, her son is here from British Columbia and we've been eating out.  I just wonder, what will I be doing and arguing about when I'm 94????

Laughed, Lore, as it's hell getting old.  I guess at 94, she figures she can wear anything she wants, do anything she wants and say anything she wants, including bossing someone around who's there only to help her.  You're a doll to help her.  

BTW, years go some women who worked where I did overheard me saying, like you, "Lord, give me patience!"  They were stunned and said, "Never say that, Michelle. When you pray for patience, the Lord sends you plagues to teach you patience!"  I howled and responded, "Well THAT explains the last 45 years, as I've been thinking that and saying that my whole life!"  And I still can't remember not to say it!!!!  flower

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:Friday night we went to the Greek Theater to see the Jethro Tull 50th anniversary tour. They were very good. Ian Anderson is quite the character.

Bugster wrote:I don't want to cook. I am too tired emotionally and physically from this house thing.

Have you made a decision as what you're going to do, Debbie? And what about your roommate -- I'm wondering if she decided to stay or move on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum