Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm

bethk

Admin
Grilled sausages and chicken both sound great to me!

Dane's still on a semi-soft diet.....can't wait for him to get to the dentist tomorrow. This is drivin' me nuts.

But I AM cooking tonight......got some chicken chunks to saute and let simmer in a bit of chicken broth and then dump on some of the Korean BBQ Sauce with onion petals for some flavor. Last of the asparagus from the other day and we'll split a sweet potato.

It's only 3:15 and I'm hungry already!

277 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 4:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, Dane has been on Symbicort for a number of years due to his COPD.  It's really helped slow or reverse the progression of the disease.  In Ohio he used his 'rescue' inhaler (the one you use when you just cannot catch your breath) a couple times a week.  Since he's more relaxed (and not doing as much physical labor) he hasn't used that one in a very long time.  His VA doc said it has a good reputation of helping with the lungs a lot.

So, what ever you do, do NOT stop using it.  

Your headache is probably just a normal, run of the mill, did-too-much type......

Tina said, If anybody should have a headache, it should be her. She is constructing a wall with blocks so she can plant flowers.
She went to the dome hepo 3 times. The funny thing is. Here is the Lady ( Tina ) loading up dirt and blocks in the trunk of the car.

I am helpless with my arthritic knees and sciatica hip and @$$ joint.

278 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 6:26 pm

bethk

Admin
Well, I haven't forgotten where the kitchen is......

279 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I got a ziplock bag out and marked it "chicken wing tips for stock" to put in the freezer but when I opened the package, they were already cut up and there were no tips to save.  PS they were very good. The two of us ate all of them. There were no leftovers.

I had to laugh, Norm, as that sounds like something that would happen to me. Then I'd be ticked I'd already marked my freezer bag, too!

Besides chicken bones (the bones from whole chicken breasts that Brian bones if they're for sale really cheap or if we want some boneless breasts and they're priced ridiculously high that day), wing tips and the bones from any rotisserie chicken we've used, I also put any vegetable peelings in there that I'd normally use in my chicken stock: like the tops and bottoms of onions that I've cut up, the tops of celery stalks I might not have used and the celery leaves if I didn't use them. If I have room I put them in the same bag; if not, I mark another bag "veggies for chicken stock" so Brian will hopefully see that bag often enough so he remembers to throw them in if he decides to make some stock if we need some room in the freezer.

There's a place here now that sells homegrown produce at some of the fresh markets that are held once a week on different days around town. The people at this stand collect frozen produce scraps for their compost piles from anyone willing to save their veggie scraps for them. I admire those people so much that save them for someone else's compost if they don't have their own, but I've never been able to do it primarily because our freezer is usually chock full. I'm amazed at how many people save their produce scraps in freezer bags and then bring them to these people for their use in compost; I think it's really nice that people are willing to do that.

We don't have a compost pile so I usually put anything that can go in the garbage disposal in there (it seems I put more than most people down the "pig," which is what my late in-laws called the disposal). I hesitate to start anything anymore that requires physical labor of any sort given our limitations. There's a local place that opened up that I've purchased bags of compost from and also compost tea as well, primarily because they will deliver it if you spend a certain dollar amount. Their compost is gorgeous, too, and I've used it in our raised garden when I amend it in the fall and/or the spring. Most of the garden centers and small garden places sell different types of bagged maneur instead of compost so I was tickled to see an advertisement for this place a few years ago, especially considering their delivery.

Do any of you have a compost pile? Just curious. I often thought of buying one of those barrel types of compost makers that sit on an aluminum stand, as you could easily turn the handle instead of "stirring" the compost yourself. But I always found the price kind of high for that kind of gizmo and then figured I'd probably forget to save the scraps because I was so used to grinding them up as I cooked. I often wondered if people chop up their veggie waste prior to throwing it in their compost pile or if they just put big chunks of veggies in there, say something like the bottom root end of a whole celery. As you can tell, I'm a compost novice!

280 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Bugster2

I was always afraid a compost pile would attract varmints.

281 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Crybaby

I started that huge brisket this afternoon for tonight's dinner but by the time Brian returned from his doctor's appointment and picking it up from our friend, who'd stored it in his freezer and moved it to his fridge on Friday to defrost, I really started it too late in the day.  I trimmed a decent amount of fat from it as it was really too thick on one side and then seasoned it with Tony Chacere's seasoning and browned it in a very hot oven instead of on the stove. Once it was finished browning, I lowered the temp, mixed the sauce for it and poured it all over that baby. We realized it wasn't going to be ready until at the earliest 7:30 p.m. and as time passed, we were both tired and really in pain, so we decided to keep it for tomorrow night's dinner as we were both ready to head upstairs and lie down. Brian just wanted a sandwich for dinner and I wasn't hungry.

I just went downstairs to turn the oven off and decided to just leave the brisket in the oven and let it cool off right in there. I'll probably go down later tonight, remove it and wrap it in foil. It was such a huge brisket that I started worrying about fitting it in the fridge after I cooked it. Brian went out and bought a couple of bags of ice so I could easily put it in the big cooler on top of the ice once I removed it from the pan and all the sauce and wrapped it in foil.

When we cook a brisket inside instead of on the grill or in the smoker, we both really like the recipe from my friend's mom that I posted here -- Madge's Damn Good Brisket. But today I decided instead of using 4 cups of catsup, I used 2 cups of catsup and 2 cups of that delicious Korean BBQ sauce -- Brian's eyes lit up when I told him I'd decided to so that! The final mixed sauce tasted really, really good before it even went in the oven on top of the browned brisket and the whole house smells divine right now.

It's funny as now that we finally have a stovetop fan that is vented to the outside (I haven't had a stovetop fan vented to the outside since I moved out of my parents' house), I never seem to remember to turn it on and use it! I probably could've kept some of the oven's heat from warming up the kitchen this afternoon if I'd have remembered to turn on the fan. (Brian just told me he's glad I forgot as he enjoyed smelling it as it cooked and he's still enjoying the smell right now!)

I'm probably going to make pasta salad tomorrow to eat with it. Brian adores pasta salad and even though I said I'd rather make it with a vinaigrette base instead of a mayo base (Brian's favorite), he said he'd loved to have it however I want to make it. Beth, I took your advice you gave me a long time ago: I bought a big chunk of really nice ham from the deli at the grocery and froze it. So I know I have a nice chunk of ham to use in my pasta salad. I can't remember the last time I made pasta salad; Brian loves it but it's so fattening!  And there's just the two of us and I make a lot, too.

But we're going to hack off a big chunk of the brisket for our friend Pete for freezing it for us (brisket is his favorite dish) so I'll send along a nice container of pasta salad with it, too. And I'm going to make some cornbread muffins with jalapenos and cheddar cheese in them, too.  Yummy. I wasn't hungry but smelling this brisket and talking about food is getting to me. When I go downstairs in a couple of hours to wrap that puppy in foil and get it on the ice, I'm going to have to taste it to make sure it doesn't need to be cooked some more.  Very Happy  I'll slice off a couple of pieces and surprise Brian. I'm sure even if he's dozing already, he'll wake up for that snack!

What did you all cook for Memorial Day anyway?  Question Question Exclamation What a Face

282 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I was always afraid a compost pile would attract varmints.

Me, too, Debbie -- another reason why I wanted a container that for the most part was closed (though of course it has to be vented in some way).

283 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm

bethk

Admin
I composted all my veg scraps in Ohio. I just dumped them in a big pile at the end of the garden and Dane would turn it over when he thought about it. The only time I ever had anything get into it was in the dead of winter when the rabbits and deer would come to get fresh salad.

The important thing is to NEVER add anything that is protein based, except egg shells. No meat scraps of any kind and no bones. I think that's where most people get into trouble. They get lazy and think it'll be 'OK' once in a while. Big mistake.

Dane would add soil from flower pots or leaves and we'd just keep piling it up. It turned into the most beautiful 'black gold' soil in no time at all. But you do have to tend it, turn it over regularly. Once you get going, and you have someone who will remember to deal with it, it's a wonderful thing.

I never use my garbage disposal for anything other than what might need rinsing off plates, etc. Most everything goes into my trash. I've had one 'clog' and I don't want to go through that again.

284 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 10:52 pm

NormM

I thought about doing compost once. Then i laughed about it and forgot about it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

285 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Crybaby

Debbie, I'm glad you guys sold your house and got one you wanted as well. I must've missed something as all I read was there was a house you heard about you thought you might like but had yet to look at. Then I read you had to up your offer on a house you thought you already had but ended up getting it.

Why don't you tell us about the one you bought? What area is it in -- is it one near the beach or one near the shopping area -- or hopefully both!

I know it must've been hard listening to the woman who bought your house say how she intends to change it. This is the only house we've ever owned but Brian and I couldn't even stand to be in an apartment we rented when people toured the place when they were thinking of buying the home our apartment was in. We stayed a couple of times over the years but it was amazing what people would say right in front of you. Plus I didn't want to be there when strangers opened up the closets containing our things and God knows what else they looked into!  It would be the same for the owners of the house you just bought to hear YOUR plans for it, I'm sure. Realtors are oh-so-right when they suggest you not stay home while people tour your place -- it's just too darn difficult!

I'm anxious to hear about your new home and I'm sure others are as well. When do you have to be out of your current home? And when can you occupy your new home?  I'll bet it's so nice to have the worst part behind you and only the moving ahead of you; granted moving is no picnic but at least you're on your way.  Very Happy

286 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I thought about doing compost once. Then i laughed about it and forgot about it.

Hilarious. You sound like Brian, Norm!

287 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Mon May 28, 2018 11:12 pm

Niagara Visitor

Living on a farm for 39 years we had a big compost pile at the edge of the forest.  Once in a while hubby would turn it, but most of the time it just sat/laid there.  We just never put meat scraps or bone there because that would get the neighbourhood dogs, wolves, coyotes etc. come for a meal.  We had other piles of leaves that would decompose but didn't do much with any of them.  

In my building now, we are encouraged to put our kitchen scraps, including bones, into a small container lined with a biodegradeable  bag, and we have pickup weekly.  All these scraps are collected by the city and go to a composting site.  I think at some point these composted things will become valuable  organic garden "stuff" .................... chances are that I'll be long gone by then, but at least it's not in a landfill.

288 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina believes in feeding anything that lives.
She buys bread for the deer; peanuts for the squirrels. The bread I don't mind, but nuts??And she feeds them on the back deck. I told her, "Wait till little Liam starts playing with the droppings! ( She's thinking about it now!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memorial day didn't go as planned ......
Tina and I had hot dogs and corn on the cob. The baby was sick ( snot nose sick ) and so they didn't want him to spread the cold to us. Especially us being older.
SOooooo!

Tina made macaroni salad. Rice pudding, and hot sausage in a tomato sauce.
That will be tomorrows supper with spaghetti
. The kids can come down when the baby feels better.

We ate, and I hit the recliner with tylenol trying to fight a migraine headache.
It finally subsided.

289 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 3:06 am

Bugster2

Crybaby wrote:Debbie, I'm glad you guys sold your house and got one you wanted as well. I must've missed something as all I read was there was a house you heard about you thought you might like but had yet to look at. Then I read you had to up your offer on a house you thought you already had but ended up getting it.

Why don't you tell us about the one you bought? What area is it in -- is it one near the beach or one near the shopping area -- or hopefully both!

I know it must've been hard listening to the woman who bought your house say how she intends to change it. This is the only house we've ever owned but Brian and I couldn't even stand to be in an apartment we rented when people toured the place when they were thinking of buying the home our apartment was in. We stayed a couple of times over the years but it was amazing what people would say right in front of you. Plus I didn't want to be there when strangers opened up the closets containing our things and God knows what else they looked into!  It would be the same for the owners of the house you just bought to hear YOUR plans for it, I'm sure. Realtors are oh-so-right when they suggest you not stay home while people tour your place -- it's just too darn difficult!

I'm anxious to hear about your new home and I'm sure others are as well. When do you have to be out of your current home? And when can you occupy your new home?  I'll bet it's so nice to have the worst part behind you and only the moving ahead of you; granted moving is no picnic but at least you're on your way.  Very Happy

Our new house is a cookie cutter type. It is in the city of Temecula, CA which is the Napa Valley of southern California. The closest winery to us is 4 miles away. It is not near the beach unfortunately. We looked at the beach but just didn't like anything we could afford to buy. It is a 45 minute drive away. Temecula is hot in the summer and occasionally gets some snow. It has an Old Towne which is charming and everything looks new and clean compared to oceanside (where we hoped we could live) which has homes surrounded by gang areas. Not very safe and I don't want to live with those kind of people. In fact I don't even want to see them. Sorry if that offends anyone but that is how I feel. I feel sad because I uprooted everyone for financial reasons and once we leave we can't afford to come back.
Escrow closes July 2 for the home we bought. Escrow closes on the house we sold on or about June29. The girl who bought it is divorced. She moved back down here to be near her family and has been looking since February. She is going to completely remodel the house and yard. Good for her. It needs it. We probably won't be in till after the 4th. The new owner is ok with that.

Here is the link. Click on the first photo to make them all larger and then move the cursor to the right to change the page.

Click the arrow slowly and give the photos time to download. Too fast and you won't see them all.

https://www.movoto.com/temecula-ca/43958-breeze-way-pl-temecula-ca-92592-202_sw15061058/

290 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 3:45 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
Crybaby wrote:Debbie, I'm glad you guys sold your house and got one you wanted as well. I must've missed something as all I read was there was a house you heard about you thought you might like but had yet to look at. Then I read you had to up your offer on a house you thought you already had but ended up getting it.

Our new house is a cookie cutter type. It is in the city of Temecula, CA which is the Napa Valley of southern California. The closest winery to us is 4 miles away. It is not near the beach unfortunately. We looked at the beach but just didn't like anything we could afford to buy. It is a 45 minute drive away. Temecula is hot in the summer and occasionally gets some snow. It has an Old Towne which is charming and everything looks new and clean compared to oceanside (where we hoped we could live) which has homes surrounded by gang areas. Not very safe and I don't want to live with those kind of people. In fact I don't even want to see them. Sorry if that offends anyone but that is how I feel. I feel sad because I uprooted everyone for financial reasons and once we leave we can't afford to come back.
Escrow closes July 2 for the home we bought. Escrow closes on the house we sold on or about June29. The girl who bought it is divorced. She moved back down here to be near her family and has been looking since February. She is going to completely remodel the house and yard. Good for her. It needs it. We probably won't be in till after the 4th. The new owner is ok with that.

Here is the link. Click on the first photo to make them all larger and then move the cursor to the right to change the page.

Click the arrow slowly and give the photos time to download. Too fast and you won't see them all.

https://www.movoto.com/temecula-ca/43958-breeze-way-pl-temecula-ca-92592-202_sw15061058/

OH Dear Lord! .... Debbie, what a great beautiful spacious home.
God bless you folks, and good luck with the transition moving in. cheers cheers

291 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 3:48 am

Bugster2

Thank you Jimmy. I am still nervous as heck about everything. I am afraid I will get moved in a coffin. I am a very high strung person and just can't relax about anything.

292 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 4:38 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Thank you Jimmy. I am still nervous as heck about everything. I am afraid I will get moved in a coffin. I am a very high strung person and just can't relax about anything.

Debbie, things will all work out. I get hyper on things myself. Tina tells me, "Take it day per day" "There is nothing you are going to do about it!"

I'm the kind that likes to check and have all the tee's crossed, and i's dotted. When she sold the uncles house, I did all the transactions using the internet. Inspections and all! .... The bummer, was the property had no septic system. Just a cesspool ( for sanitation ). I / she / was pi$$ed about that. You have no idea how we cursed this darn state of NJ, and the township. We had to knock off 35,000.00 off the asking price of 200,000.00 Now this home is on 29 acres of farmland. 20 miles from Atlantic city, and 30 minutes to Philadelphia. The place was purchased by a young 27 tear old guy. With the casino's opening and being remodeled, I'm sure that house could flip for 500.000.00
More, if it was fixed up. ( modernized )

293 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am

bethk

Admin
Debbie, the house is beautiful. You'll have the sink I want!

That's 3 times the space we have....you three should have ample space to roam and not get in each other's way!

Just relax and enjoy your new home.

294 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 11:12 am

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Debbie, the house is beautiful.  You'll have the sink I want!

That's 3 times the space we have....you three should have ample space to roam and not get in each other's way!

Just relax and enjoy your new home.

Thanks. I hope everything works out all right. I am a little concerned with the utilities. The house comes with paid solar but I am not sure what difference it is going to make in my electric bill especially with heating the pool.
This time around I am getting the master suite. Joe has it right now. We can't sleep in the same bed or room because of his snoring and his restless leg syndrome. When he starts to fall asleep, he starts jerking various parts of his body. Then when he is asleep, his leg jerks every 16 seconds shaking the whole bed. If I am having trouble going to sleep, it keeps me awake. I moved out of the room 20 years ago after he jerked his arm and it smacked me in the face. OK, I'm outta here. LOL. I have not slept in a bed in twenty years. I sleep on the couch so I don't know if I can sleep in a bed. We will have to buy a new mattress for me and I don't know how to tell what will be ok for me.
There was a bit of a dispute here. We wanted Katie to sleep downstairs so Joe could build a doggie-o and dog door so her dogs could relieve themselves while she slept. Then she decided she wanted two bedrooms upstairs with a Jack and Jill bathroom so she could sleep in one room and put her armoire and other furniture she has stored in the shed. Trouble is that the dogs really can't get up and down the stairs too easily and there is no where for them to pee. I really didn't want the house stinking like pee from pee pads that she couldn't bother to throw away. Katie has kind of a hoarding disorder. She can't seem to throw away trash and can't put anything away. So then she decided she wanted the downstairs bedroom AND the office which is right next to the front door. There is no way in hell that I want her ugly furniture and trash to be the first thing anyone sees when they walk in the front door. Joe said something to her that made her cry. She said that I got the master and Joe got the Jack and Jill bedrooms and all she had was a bedroom with a small closet and a bathroom with no storage. JEEZ! It is our house. She is paying rent but she really has no say as to what she gets. We are the only people that would take her in. Even her own family doesn't want her. He brother has a guest house that would be perfect for her but Uh-Uh, no way does he want her living there. And add 5 pets to the mess, and she is lucky she isn't homeless. Anyway, we decided that she would get the downstairs bedroom and one of the upstairs bedrooms and the entire jack and Jill bath. Poor Joe got the short end of the stick. He will have to use the master bath and closet. I think though that I have to set down some rules. She can't crap up any of her rooms. I don't mean general messiness like everyone is but the wholesale filth that she has been living in. I know she is paying rent but I should have some say about the way my property is being kept. I am also going to have to raise her rent. Our expenses are going to go up with this house and she now has two rooms. The last time we raised her rent was 4 years ago. Besides, she is spending all of her disposable income on Botox, collagen, Juviderm. She can pay more.
Sorry about the rant. I am just so stressed out and tired.

295 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 am

Niagara Visitor

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina believes in feeding anything that lives.
She buys bread for the deer; peanuts for the squirrels. The bread I don't mind, but nuts??And she feeds them on the back deck. I told her, "Wait till little Liam starts playing with the droppings! ( She's thinking about it now!)

Tina and I had hot dogs and corn on the cob. The baby was sick ( snot nose sick ) and so they didn't want him to spread the cold to us. Especially us being older.
SOooooo!

That will be tomorrows  supper with spaghetti

We ate, and I hit the recliner with tylenol trying to fight a migraine headache.
It finally subsided.
Is she buying raw, natural peanuts for the squirrels? 

Time for me to make some more stuffed peppers.  I have peppers in the fridge that need to be used up.  And, I'm going out of town tomorrow, basically driving past my son's house (50 miles away) so I might as well drop some peppers into the fridge in their garage.  I have the access code so I can surprise them.

296 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 am

Niagara Visitor

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina believes in feeding anything that lives.

SOooooo!

That will be tomorrows  supper with spaghetti

It finally subsided.
Is she buying raw, natural peanuts for the squirrels? 

Time for me to make some more stuffed peppers.  I have peppers in the fridge that need to be used up.  And, I'm going out of town tomorrow, basically driving past my son's house (50 miles away) so I might as well drop some peppers into the fridge in their garage.  I have the access code so I can surprise them.

297 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Crybaby

Lore wrote:Time for me to make some more stuffed peppers. I have peppers in the fridge that need to be used up. And, I'm going out of town tomorrow, basically driving past my son's house (50 miles away) so I might as well drop some peppers into the fridge in their garage. I have the access code so I can surprise them.

That's so sweet of you, Lore! What a nice surprise -- your daughter-in-law is a lucky gal!

298 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 12:42 pm

bethk

Admin
Aw, Debbie.....so sorry for all the home drama.

You are absolutely correct that Katie gets what she gets and stick to your guns about no more animals and cleaning up after herself (to YOUR standards, not hers).

Good luck on the move.....you're almost at the light at the end of the tunnel.

299 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Crybaby

Debbie, your house is absolutely beautiful!  Love the sink, the quartz countertops and the wall oven especially.

I feel sorry for your problem with your roommate, but you and Joe seem to have created a monster by letting her get away with so much for so long. She is one nervy broad in that she is whining about what she "got" compared to the freaking homeowners!  Absolutely amazing that she has the nerve she does. Sorry to trash your friend but man, if anyone ever needed trashing, it's her.

Get ready because you just know it won't be long before she's going to be trashing your new home. You need to put your foot down in the beginning and say the tough words, too -- "Follow our rules or leave. Plain and simple." It's a shame to think of your beautiful new home being ruined by animals, and I'm an animal lover. It's just that their interests can't come before yours, you know? And a little pee inside will just add to more pee, as they will continue to urinate in the same area over and over as animals will do. I even feel sorry for her animals yet I can't seem to muster up an iota of sympathy for her at all...

I sure hope you get to enjoy your beautiful new home, Debbie. You sure did a lot of work throughout all this and you deserve to kick back and enjoy yourself for a while -- with no stress about anything.  Good luck!

Last edited by Crybaby on Tue May 29, 2018 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

300 Re: May, 2018 ~ What did you make for dinner? on Tue May 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Bugster2

Thanks everybody for the encouragement. I need it. Now for something funny. My sister sent this to me.

Definition of "OLD"

I very quietly confided to my best friend that I was having an affair.
He turned to me and asked, "Are you having it catered?"
And that, my friend, is the sad definition of "OLD".

Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked,
“How old was your husband?”
“98," she replied: "Two years older than me”
"So you're 96," the undertaker commented.
She responded, "Hardly worth going home, is it?"

Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman:
"And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked.
She simply replied, "No peer pressure."

I've sure gotten old!
I have outlived my feet and my teeth,
I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement,
New knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes I'm half blind,
Can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine,
Take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.
Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation;
Hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92.
Have lost all my friends. But, thank God,
I still have my driver's license.

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape,
So I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising.
I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors.
I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But,
By the time I got my leotards on,
The class was over.

An elderly woman decided to prepare her will and told her preacher she had two final requests.
First, she wanted to be cremated, and second,
She wanted her ashes scattered over Wal-Mart.
"Wal-Mart?" the preacher exclaimed.
“Why Wal-Mart?”
“Then I'll be sure my daughters visit me twice a week.”

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be..
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Know how to prevent sagging?
Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.

It's scary when you start making the same noises
As your coffee maker.

These days about half the stuff
In my shopping cart says, 'For fast relief.'

THE SENILITY PRAYER:
Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

Now, I think you're supposed to share this with 5 or 6, maybe 10 others.
Oh, heck, give it to a bunch of your friends if you can remember who they are!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum