Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2018 ~ What's for supper?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

226 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina spent 90 something dollars to find out she's from 50 % Eastern European.
bingo she said. Then, we get a follow up asking her father Andrew, at this address.
There was no mention of her maternal side,. And they assumed her father was still alive.  

227 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper..... ? Lobster Bisque soup ? and bread.

Huh! Just like prison, only it would be sunny's and blue gill's. affraid

228 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Bugster2

NormM wrote:When Thomas Jefferson's wife died she made him promise not to remarry.  Several years later when he was in France, he started having a lifelong affair with his daughters companion who was a slave in America but not while in France.  She had the same father as Jefferson's wife and her mother had a white man for a father so she was very light. Some of their children married white people and some married blacks, so today a lot of their living offspring are completely white and some are definitely not white.

Well, maybe that is where it came from.

229 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 pm

NormM

Bugster2 wrote:
NormM wrote:When Thomas Jefferson's wife died she made him promise not to remarry.  Several years later when he was in France, he started having a lifelong affair with his daughters companion who was a slave in America but not while in France.  She had the same father as Jefferson's wife and her mother had a white man for a father so she was very light. Some of their children married white people and some married blacks, so today a lot of their living offspring are completely white and some are definitely not white.

Well, maybe that is where it came from.

I just meant that way back then, it was possible that one of their ancestors was a slave owner and had at least one child that was half black.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

230 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:13 am

bethk

Admin
And another day without cooking......

I'm going to Rollins College with Lyn & Bill to see a stage play of "9 to 5". It should be a good time.

We'll go out for a late lunch / early supper after.

By Sunday I'll probably have to look for cooking classes to refresh my skills......

LOL

231 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Niagara Visitor

For me, actually a weekend of cooking.  Baking yesterday.................. We had a coffee party in our building this morning, I made a strawberry cheesecake which was really well received.. it was yummy.  I made it in an 9x13 inch pan instead of round. Kept three pieces to take to my sis tomorrow. 

Tonight, "Uncle Ernie"  hubby's uncle who lived where my fishing sons and their friends used to go fishing all the time and his sister are coming for supper.  She's 94, lives in a senior's residence about 200 miles from here, but is looking to move to one here in our area.  There are some longevity genes in that family.  I think dinner will be a "Let's see what I have in the cupboards/freezer"  No shopping.  There will be fish.  Vegetable medley may be "interesting."

232 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Today will be a Birthday Meal .....
DIL's Birthday today. Her wish...... City Chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy, and vegetables.

I made and breaded three dozen last night. All that has to be done, is fry them, just before eating time.  

233 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:49 pm

bethk

Admin
I was back in the kitchen & in front of the grill tonight.....

I made chicken/mushroom/onion kebobs and zucchini/onion kebobs. I used some of the Korean BBQ sauce on the chicken and just seasoned the vegetables with evoo & s&p. I had the zucchini in big chunks so it could be charred on the outside (my favorite flavor) and still nice and tender on the inside of the chunks.

I let the bamboo skewers sit in some warm water in a bottle for a good 3 hours ~ don't know if they need that long but they didn't catch on fire so I think they were pretty well soaked. I always use a metal skewer to do a 'pilot hole' in the zucchini so the bamboo will slide in without cracking them. If they crack or break it's really hard to turn them on the grill when they're cooking.

It's amazing how one little half chicken breast is more than enough to satisfy the two of us.....although, truth be told, neither of us is a huge meat eater (except for bacon.....BACON is another matter altogether! LOL).

234 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Bugster2

We are having smoked ribs tonight and I have already messed them up. When I pulled them out of the Foodsaver bag, I failed to notice that I had double wrapped the ribs in plastic. No wonder the rub wouldn't stick. So after 2 hours on the smoker, I realized what I had done. I removed the plastic and now have to smoke them again. I don't know if the smoke will penetrate at this point. I was using the 3-2-1 method but now I will have to wing it. GEEZ!!! I hate that when it happens!

235 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Niagara Visitor

OOOOOHHH!  I think we've all left the gizzard package in a turkey at some point............... but plastic wrap on ribs...... that's a new one!  Best of luck.

236 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

No presentation here.....
Just leftovers from the city chicken birthday party.

The ones for DD's Boyfriend, are marked with blue food coloring on the ends of the skewers. It marks them as NO VEAL . Just pork and beef.
He won't eat veal. My fingertips were colored blue.
We had a great time. The baby was by me, but was over tired, and slipped on the floor; fell. and bit his lip. Just a spot of blood, but he survived.
He was crying more from being frightened than hurt.

237 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Niagara Visitor

Chicken leg and a salad tonight.

238 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was wanting for soup today. She had errands to run for her unclem so when she left at 9, I made a nice beef vegetable soup; with little beef meatballs.
I steamed a head of cauliflower, and I had a little of that with mine.
Tina said the soup hit the spot!
She stopped at Giancarlo's bakery in Succasunna, and picked up Boston Cream donuts. That bakery really fills the donuts with the cream filling.

239 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:31 pm

bethk

Admin
YUM on the vegetable soup, Jimmy. I'll just bet Tina was all smiles to walk in the door and smell what you had cooked all day!

I asked Dane what he wanted for supper and he actually came up with a great idea.

He asked for dinner salads with either chicken or steak. We had salads with pan grilled chicken. It hit the spot for sure!

240 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:YUM on the vegetable soup, Jimmy.  I'll just bet Tina was all smiles to walk in the door and smell what you had cooked all day!

I asked Dane what he wanted for supper and he actually came up with a great idea.

He asked for dinner salads with either chicken or steak.  We had salads with pan grilled chicken.  It hit the spot for sure!

Another winner with your dinner Beth!
Yeah! First thing "T"said when she walked in was, OOoooo this house smells good!.... The meat balls really came out perfect for her liking.
Just beef, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, minced onion, and a dash of onion powder!. Cooked them in the soup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum