Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2018 ~ What's for supper?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

201 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
NormM wrote:The fifth guy is bending over and his face is behind Edisons hat. Here is Ford. left, Edison, middle and Firestone on the right.

Laughed out loud, Norm, as now I see him in there! I looked at that picture several times and for several minutes each time and was "certain" there were only 4 people in it. Thanks for saving my sanity!

I'm only seeing three people in the picture. ??? No hat on Edson!

I laughed when I saw this, Jimmy, as I knew you thought we were talking about the second picture Norm posted. But it made me giggle nonetheless, as I could picture you saying, "Five? Five? It's three. And no one is wearing a hat!"

I saw where Beth told you I was speaking of a prior message but had to let you know you made me laugh!

Michelle.... You should see what I did. I refreshed the page / I resigned out and in to the site /, and then I figured it was one of those puzzles; like find the hat or rooster in this picture. I even restarted my computer.
I'm losing it for sure! hahahahaha

Oh, you're killing me, Jimmy! Thanks for sharing that as you REALLY had me laughing. I needed a good laugh today, too! You painted a very good picture!!

202 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina calls me when she is at the store, and asks if I want a salad. I tell her, yes, but separate everything. Olives / tomatoes / cheese cubes / etc / all in a separate container. Right!...ya wanna know why??

I get to stock up on the plastic tight fitting containers. They are great for giving stuff to people or to the kids to take stuff home.

There is a tare weight for the container that is subtracted from the price; so its like getting the the clear snap top containers for F R E E !

You remind me of my father, Jimmy. He'd give me his credit card and ask me to go get gas in his car when I was in high school -- back in the day when they gave out a free glass or something like that with a fill up. I heard my mom chastising him one day as I headed out to the gas station in shorts and I heard him say, "Hell, Mary, they give her 3 or sometimes 4 glasses when she fills up for me. I only get one and I have to remind the ba%%%rd kid to give me one!" Then I realized he asked me every time I had shorts on!!

Many years after he died in 1979, my mom still had a whole deep upper kitchen cabinet full of those free glasses that we had never used -- there had to be 2 to 3 dozen of them in there!

203 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Crybaby

Jimmy, this is a test!  Find the fourth man in this picture!  

(My laptop is on my lap and it's shaking so bad from me laughing that I could hardly type this!)  So sorry -- I couldn't resist!! Embarassed Embarassed

204 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:25 pm

NormM

I could have sworn I posted just now but I can't find it. I made bulgogi as per Charlies request for dinner tonight. I also made a Korean salad from the same cook book as the bulgogi and some Korean bean sprouts.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

205 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm

bethk

Admin
YUM, Norm! You have so much patience to turn those strips of beef.....I usually wimp out and throw 'em in a cast iron skillet just so I can use a spatula to turn bunches at a time. But the grilled beef is so much better!

Dane is finally happy ~ he got his burgers. Served up with leftover salads & deviled eggs. I picked up brioche dinner rolls to use as buns. They were smaller than regular hamburger buns but the taste is so much better. If I'm gonna splurge on a bun for my burger I at least want one that tastes terrific.

206 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:12 pm

NormM

Thanks Beth. I forgot to mention that this was Pork Bulgogi.

207 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:

Jimmy, this is a test!  Find the fourth man in this picture!  

(My laptop is on my lap and it's shaking so bad from me laughing that I could hardly type this!)  So sorry -- I couldn't resist!! Embarassed Embarassed

It's a challenge!

208 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am

bethk

Admin
Hahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

209 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:30 pm

bethk

Admin
This morning I took one of my marinated London broil steaks out of the freezer.....had to think about it all day, just waiting for it to hit the hot charcoal grill! I par-cooked the potatoes in the microwave and then browned them up over the coals. And while the steak was resting before being sliced to serve I grilled the peeled asparagus, seasoned with evoo, s&p.

210 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Bugster2

We have been having our roof done and the racket is scaring the cats and they are hiding under the bed. Poor babies.
Last night I made an Asian noodle salad: rice noodles, red cabbage, chicken, edamame, green onions. The dressing was tahini, miso, sesame oil, black sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar.
Not bad.
Tonight are bbq cheddar meatloaf muffins, broccoli, loaded mashed.
I saw on the news they finally caught our golden state rapist/murderer. DNA. He was a cop. Finally those people that were harmed can have some closure.

211 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 pm

bethk

Admin
The Asian noodle salad sounds wonderful, Bugster. Nothing like a cool salad when it's hot outside.

212 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Bugster2

It was good. It has been around 80 here so it was a fitting meal. The only problem I have is with sesame oil: I love it but I taste it for hours. Same with garlic. Joe and Katie don't seem to have that problem. Anyway, I will put the recipe in my software, print it, laminate it and put it in a recipe binder. I keep all of my frequently used recipes in binders so I can grab them easily. The laminating keeps them clean 'cause I get more food on the recipe than in the pot.

213 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:This morning I took one of my marinated London broil steaks out of the freezer.....had to think about it all day, just waiting for it to hit the hot charcoal grill!  I par-cooked the potatoes in the microwave and then browned them up over the coals.  And while the steak was resting before being sliced to serve I grilled the peeled asparagus, seasoned with evoo, s&p.

Now that looks 100% more tender, than our fillet mignon that we had yesterday. I cooked mine medium rare, and it was so chewy, and tough. That butcher shop / deli won't be visited any more.
The remaining will be ground up for burgers. Win some / lose some!

214 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

We had pizza that was in the freezer that Tina packed in a new container box. It was good, and with a beer, it was better. We just heated them in the toaster oven.
Peanut butter cookies for dessert.

215 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

bethk

Admin
No cooking tonight. We had a late lunch out after Dane's golf scrambles group.

It actually feels good to NOT have food in the evening. I wish I could convince Dane to change our meals to one meal at 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon and have that be it.

216 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Niagara Visitor

Went out for lunch (again with my sis and had a schnitzel with cheese, overcooked, overpriced.  I really should just have my sis come here to my place.  

We are having a coffee party in the building Saturday mornin, I have a lemon blueberry pound cake in the oven.  It smells heavenly!

217 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Bugster2

We had a late lunch of tuna on croissants. Joe's back was hurting from some painting he did yesterday so he had a stiff drink to go along with his sandwich. It knocked him out for two hours and he woke up feeling much better. No dinner tonight, the tuna is it.
Got an unpleasant surprise during the roofing: more termite damage than expected so I had to cough up another $7,000. GEEZ! Isn't that the way it always happens?

218 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina bought a slide for the baby, and she delivered it to son Jimmy's house.

On way home, she brought me a meat ball hero. 2 beers, and I'm a happy camper.
B  U  R  P  !

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

219 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Niagara Visitor

Bugster2 wrote:We had a late lunch of tuna on croissants. Joe's back was hurting from some painting he did yesterday so he had a stiff drink to go along with his sandwich. It knocked him out for two hours and he woke up feeling much better. No dinner tonight, the tuna is it.
Got an unpleasant surprise during the roofing: more termite damage than expected so I had to cough up another $7,000. GEEZ! Isn't that the way it always happens?
  Wow, that surely is hard to take.  When my daughter lived in Huntington Beach, they had to have their house tented and sprayed every couple of years for those little buggers.

220 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:21 pm

bethk

Admin
Again no cooking.....

Ladies' luncheon this noon and going to a country club with Lyn & Bill this evening.

(glad I don't have a refrigerator full of defrosted foods......)

221 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Bugster2

Burgers tonight.
Got to live through another day of roof racket. A huge semi came with the roof tiles and used a fork lift to put them in the driveway. They now have a conveyor hauling the tiles up on to the roof.
I was reading about how they caught the Golden State Killer through crime scene DNA. I wondered how they did it. Truly amazing: they sent the DNA to one of those places like 23 And Me or Ancestry.com and got a hit on a relative of the killer. That led to the man. Amazing. Katie was telling me one of her friends sent her DNA into one of those places and she found out she had a sister she didn't know about.

222 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm

NormM

Charlie and I sent our DNA to Ancestry.com.  It came back that we were father and son.  I wonder how often it tells people who thought they were related that they aren't?

With the help of WikiTree I have found out I have ancestors going back to some of the original colonies. One as far back as 1640's. Seems my great great grandfather is a new comer to America. He was born in Ireland a mere 196 years ago.

223 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Bugster2

That ancestry stuff has the potential to open a big can of worms. My sisters sent in their DNA and found that they both had .002% African somewhere from the 1700's. Where the heck did that come from?

224 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:25 pm

NormM

When Thomas Jefferson's wife died she made him promise not to remarry. Several years later when he was in France, he started having a lifelong affair with his daughters companion who was a slave in America but not while in France. She had the same father as Jefferson's wife and her mother had a white man for a father so she was very light. Some of their children married white people and some married blacks, so today a lot of their living offspring are completely white and some are definitely not white.

225 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:When Thomas Jefferson's wife died she made him promise not to remarry.  Several years later when he was in France, he started having a lifelong affair with his daughters companion who was a slave in America but not while in France.  She had the same father as Jefferson's wife and her mother had a white man for a father so she was very light. Some of their children married white people and some married blacks, so today a lot of their living offspring are completely white and some are definitely not white.

Reminds me of the Dinah Shore jibber jabber about her ancestry, and her features. Remember her song? "See the USA in your Chevrolet, America is asking you to call!" ( 1953 )......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum