Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2018 ~ What's for supper?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I got a lot of toys, because I'm Good! .... Even at a year and a half.
I know where the batteries go, and I know where to get them for Great Grandpa to put them in.

102 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 pm

bethk

Admin
Such a cutie!

103 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Such a cutie!

Thanks Beth! I forget, he's only a 1-1/2 year old baby, and I ask Tina why he doesn't talk words yet? He knows what we ask him, but everything said by him is ugh ... ook .... uck ( for truck ) Tina said, once he starts, he will never stop!

104 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:01 pm

bethk

Admin
I was going to grill burgers today since it was $2.99 Ground Chuck @ Fresh Market day.....but they had some beautiful gulf shrimp on sale so the burgers will be another day (they're pattied up and in the freezer). I asked Dane what he wanted with the shrimp and he said he wanted grilled carrots......What the heck is he talking about, I thought. But, hey, I'm always up for a challenge.

So, I cut up the rainbow carrots I had in the refrigerator and steamed them in the microwave until just tender. Then I put some butter on to coat and laid them on the hot grill pan. They got nice and caramelized and were really quite tasty. At supper I inquired, "How do you like the grilled carrots?" And that's when he 'remembered' he really meant pan roasted in the oven with evoo and seasonings........ But at least I got to experiment and it was tasty.

The shrimps got a drizzle of evoo and a good shake of Cajun seasoning before going on the grill. I mixed up some of his 'beet horseradish' with ketchup as a dipping sauce and it came out almost a neon red color ~ what a hoot!

And the bakery roll was my treat to ME for shopping at Fresh Market today......that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

The rainbow carrots are such interesting colors!

I even remembered to soak the bamboo skewers so they didn't flame up into a forest fire on the grill!

Way too much supper......

105 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 pm

NormM

I read everyone's comments about tomato sauce and meatballs and decided to get both some Paul Newman's and Trader Joe's and see which one I liked better. I have not tried the Paul Newmans yet but I cooked raw meatballs in Trader Joe's sauce for close to two hours. Charlie has not had much of an appetite lately but he had two full servings.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

106 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I read everyone's comments about tomato sauce and meatballs and decided to get both some Paul Newman's and Trader Joe's and see which one I liked better. I have not tried the Paul Newmans yet but I cooked raw meatballs in Trader Joe's sauce for close to two hours.  Charlie has not had much of an appetite lately but he had two full servings.

Ats a nice dish of shpa-ghetts ya got there lad!

107 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I was going to grill burgers today since it was $2.99 Ground Chuck @ Fresh Market day.....but they had some beautiful gulf shrimp on sale so the burgers will be another day (they're pattied up and in the freezer).  I asked Dane what he wanted with the shrimp and he said he wanted grilled carrots......What the heck is he talking about, I thought.  But, hey, I'm always up for a challenge.  

So, I cut up the rainbow carrots I had in the refrigerator and steamed them in the microwave until just tender.  Then I put some butter on to coat and laid them on the hot grill pan.  They got nice and caramelized and were really quite tasty.  At supper I inquired, "How do you like the grilled carrots?"  And that's when he 'remembered' he really meant pan roasted in the oven with evoo and seasonings........  But at least I got to experiment and it was tasty.

The shrimps got a drizzle of evoo and a good shake of Cajun seasoning before going on the grill.  I mixed up some of his 'beet horseradish' with ketchup as a dipping sauce and it came out almost a neon red color ~ what a hoot!

And the bakery roll was my treat to ME for shopping at Fresh Market today......that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

The rainbow carrots are such interesting colors!

I even remembered to soak the bamboo skewers so they didn't flame up into a forest fire on the grill!

Way too much supper......

Wow!.... that's a Whale of a Meal there Lass!
That fresh roll is a drool causer for me.

I had steamed Cod in a wine butter sauce and a stale hot dog roll as a pusher.

108 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 pm

NormM

Thank you Jimmy

109 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? Yesterday at 6:05 pm

NormM

we had an early dinner and I will probably have some more later.  It's a Fish Stew.

110 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? Yesterday at 7:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:we had an early dinner and I will probably have some more later.  It's a Fish Stew.

Boy! .... I could surely go bobbing with my face into that meal! Some crusty bread to go with it, and it would be heaven.

111 Re: April, 2018 ~ What's for supper? Yesterday at 7:31 pm

NormM

It is one of my favorites too Jimmy

UNCLE JIMMY

A really quick great tasting; simple supper.
Sloppy Joe's ..... "Cousin Donna's Sloppy Joes"

1 Lb ground beef browned with chopped small onion
Drain off fat ( grease ) , add 1 can tomato soup; saLT and pepper.
Simmer 15 minutes, stir and cover and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
I had mine on hot dog buns. ( didn't have burger buns ). Actually, they were easier to eat and not as sloppy as on the burger rolls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum