Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2018...Whats for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ??

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

bethk

avatar
Admin
They're all rodents and not at all cute to me!

It's like the nasty squirrels we have here. They sometimes like to eat the 'beauty' shingles that are tacked along the roof vents.

Wish I knew how to shoot a gun without ending up with holes in my roof.........


Nah, I'd probably shoot my eye out! (Yes, that IS a reference to the Christmas Story Movie that's on TV non-stop on Christmas Day! LOL)

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:They're all rodents and not at all cute to me!

It's like the nasty squirrels we have here.  They sometimes like to eat the 'beauty' shingles that are tacked along the roof vents.  

Wish I knew how to shoot a gun without ending up with holes in my roof.........


Nah, I'd probably shoot my eye out!    (Yes, that IS a reference to the Christmas Story Movie that's on TV non-stop on Christmas Day!  LOL)

Can't you get a pellet shooter in FL ? If not.... Pick up a pea shooter in the dollar store.

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
For breakfast, I made a nice 2 Over Easy fresh eggs from DDs chickens, and a brioche buttered roll with two strips of bacon. Coffee and Orange juice.
It was a peaceful meal; with no salt and butter police to guard me and tell me what I added or ate. I used my finger to wipe up the last of the orange yolk liquid, and with no snide comments from let's just call them ( Others ) .

Mommy T went to the spa to get her nails done, and a pedicure. Then down to the Uncles to do his shopping.

NormM

avatar
The day after St. Patricks Day is for Rueben sandwiches.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Breakfast was peaceful today also. Mommy T's in PA with my cousin; shopping at Sam's Club. Our Sams club closed its doors
I made a fried egg, taylor ham, and cheese, on a brioche roll.
Wasn't too happy about the taste. Too much saffron in the roll. Good for hamburgers though!

Bugster2

avatar
I tried a trick for making the lightest, fluffiest scrambled eggs. Use two eggs and beat together with a heaping teaspoon of sour cream. They were right.

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:I tried a trick for making the lightest, fluffiest scrambled eggs. Use two eggs and beat together with a heaping teaspoon of sour cream. They were right.

Sounds good. I gotta try that.
I usually take three eggs, scramble in the fry pan with oil and a little butter; but I break up a slice of yellow american cheese, then with the rubber spatula / scraper .... I keep folding and folding on low heat; until they get fluffy. NOT Wet!!!... I will NOT EAT wet watery eggs.

Bugster2

avatar
I made a mistake, it is 1 T sour cream. Reduce the amount if they are too soft for your liking.

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:I made a mistake, it is 1 T sour cream. Reduce the amount if they are too soft for your liking.

tks... got it!

Niagara Visitor



  • UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I made a mistake, it is 1 T sour cream. Reduce the amount if they are too soft for your liking.

tks... got it!

I used to dissolve a little baking powder in a tablespoon of water and add that to a three egg omelet or more if making scrambled eggs for 3 or 4.  My B&B guests asked all the time how my eggs were sooooo fluffy.

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Niagara Visitor wrote:

  • UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I made a mistake, it is 1 T sour cream. Reduce the amount if they are too soft for your liking.

tks... got it!

I used to dissolve a little baking powder in a tablespoon of water and add that to a three egg omelet or more if making scrambled eggs for 3 or 4.  My B&B guests asked all the time how my eggs were sooooo fluffy.

My grandfather, would add a little flour, and milk, with a pinch of baking powder to 5 eggs, and be able to feed 4 adults.
He would say ..... "Stretcha the egga!"

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Tomorrow .... I want an omelet.
The only thing about that, is when I awaken, My tongue is stuck to my cheek, and my teeth, are stuck to my lips.
No way, do I even want to eat. After 2 hours, I'm in no mood to cook.
To solve that. I will make the omelet tonight; wrap it in foil, and heat it in the toaster oven tomorrow morning.

ina won't be around. She will get something at starbucks on her way to go shopping for her uncle. There she goes again.... Just battling a UTI, and taking Cipro antibiotics. She's like the duracell bunny rabbit with the drum. Boom Boom Boom Boom!!
No

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum