Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2018; What's for Breakfast? / Lunch ? / Brunch?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

bethk

Admin
My mother made broiled grapefruit for herself all the time. Me? Not a fan. But I would often make it for her, using the rounded serrated 'grapefruit' knife to loosen the flesh from the peel and then using a paring knife to cut between the membranes. Brown sugar on top and under the broiler it went.

On Mother's Day I would put a cherry in the center.......

(always the foodie, I guess! LOL)

Niagara Visitor

I have also added grapefruit sections to something like a fruit crumble and people are generally very pleasantly surprised.

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast 02.19.2018....
I made two fried eggs over easy with a super amount of fresh crushed black pepper flaked. Oh so aromatic.. I love it!
The neighbor brought over some onion rolls, and I lightly toasted them and buttered them. They went down so fast, I almost was going to make a trade of either another egg,
only if I give up a doughnut, or just go for the doughnut? I ran into the bedroom, and looked at myself in the dresser mirror, and after a jolly belly laugh......hahahahahaha

The doughnut was the decision .......

bethk

Admin
I used the rest of the roasted butternut squash for a bowl of soup for my lunch today. It was enough for a reheat for supper for the two of us but I decided I wanted it more for my lunch than I wanted to share it for a supper.....

UNCLE JIMMY

Lunch was two little slices of pizza hut personal size pizza.
Then.... a hebrew national bologna on rye, with green onions, and a beer.

bethk

Admin
I haven't had a bologna sandwich since Dinner Bell went out of business.....

I don't think I've ever seen Hebrew National brand ~ I like their hot dogs. I guess I better go on a search mission at the grocery store!

UNCLE JIMMY

Just whipped up a batter of Yeast Raised Waffles for breakfast tomorrow!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum