Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas, 2017 ~ What's being planned?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The pics are great!  You should have started taking them earlier so you didn't get yelled at!  LOL

Beth..... when I go to confessions, The priest says," Son, how is it you have so many hundreds of sins?"
I tell him, "Because I am the Whipping Boy father, and I take the sins of the others because I get blamed blamed blamed!"
So he says, "Bless You son; for your pennance, Eat two hoagies of your choice, and all the dessert of your choice!" Bless You; Go in Peace!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

Michelle, it's a great pic of you and your 'Cabana Boy'.....

And who cares what the kitchen looks like? We inquiring (snoopy-busy-bodies) want to see!

Where's the pics of the dinner table? Where's the food pics? You need to train that man to take all the pics we want to see!

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Beth..... when I go to confessions, The priest says,"

Quite honestly, Jimmy, I'm surprised they even let you in the church!

((JUST KIDDING !!! ))

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Beth..... when I go to confessions, The priest says,"

Quite honestly, Jimmy, I'm surprised they even let you in the church!

((JUST KIDDING !!! ))

Christmas, 2017 ~ What's being planned? - Page 2 2876911673 Christmas, 2017 ~ What's being planned? - Page 2 2876911673

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:

Christmas, 2017 ~ What's being planned? - Page 2 Mi_and11

Wow!.... What A Great Young Couple. NOW we can put you both in our thoughts as we pray for you.
Truthfully, I thought you folks were much older, but I was wrong.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Michelle, it's a great pic of you and your 'Cabana Boy'.....

And who cares what the kitchen looks like?  We inquiring (snoopy-busy-bodies) want to see!

Where's the pics of the dinner table?  Where's the food pics?  You need to train that man to take all the pics we want to see!

Laughed out loud -- I'll tell Al he's achieved Cabana Boy status. Brian, who's downstairs watching college bowl games, will like that one, too. He's as crazy about Al as I am -- he's truly become part of our family and it's funny, as if we don't see Al for a couple of days, one or the other of us brings him up. Where the hell is Al? Wait'll he shows up tomorrow and I call him Cabana Boy -- he's going to howl laughing. Knowing Al, he'll make me howl with whatever freaking reply he comes up with. He's originally from New Jersey and we're always exchanging ribald comments. Brian says he finds listening to the two of us interact immensely entertaining.

Brian and I both laughed at that picture of me and Al upon closer inspection today before I posted it here. You can't see the massive amount of gray hair I have -- seriously. I have big gray streaks in my hair on both sides of my face which neither of us could believe didn't show up in that picture. I just looked again and you can indeed see where, on the photo's right, you can see all the gray pulled back by my sunglasses...

Food pics never even occur to me, Beth -- no lie. I guess because I've never had a camera phone. Besides, you probably wouldn't like 'em -- everything is TOUCHING!!! Razz Razz Razz

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ooops! Oh! thats Al.... I thought it was Brian? I read wrong.
I'll take the blame.....

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Wow!.... What A Great Young Couple. NOW we can put you both in our thoughts as we pray for you.

I'm laughing over here, Jimmy. That's NOT Brian. That's my contractor Al who jumped up and snapped a picture with me on Christmas. And thanks for the compliment but we ARE older -- I'm 64 and Brian is 70. Al is a youngster at 51! But I'm busting up that you think I look younger than you thought -- however old you figured I was. I'm going to revel in that comment while I can. I think if that picture showed the amount of gray in my hair, you wouldn't think I looked so young!

I'm grinning over here, as first I get Beth's cabana boy comment, which threw me into laughter, and now you're saying how young "we" look -- the hell with how Al looks -- I'm just so darn glad I posted that picture!

I'll post a picture of Brian if I come across a current one. Or I'll ask Al to take one of me and Brian next time he's here!

bethk

bethk
Admin

And be sure in the pic of you and Brian that there's some FOOD!

Hahahahahahaha

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

I'm laughing over here, Jimmy.  That's NOT Brian.  That's my contractor Al who jumped up and snapped a picture with me on Christmas.  And thanks for the compliment but we ARE older -- I'm 64 and Brian is 70.  Al is a youngster at 51!  But I'm busting up that you think I look younger than you thought -- however old you figured I was.  I'm going to revel in that comment while I can.  I think if that picture showed the amount of gray in my hair, you wouldn't think I looked so young!

I'm grinning over here, as first I get Beth's cabana boy comment, which threw me into laughter, and now you're saying how young "we" look -- the hell with how Al looks -- I'm just so darn glad I posted that picture!

I'll post a picture of Brian if I come across a current one. Or I'll ask Al to take one of me and Brian next time he's here!

And I said to Tina ( my prayer partner ) that Michelle looks to be
49 to 52. Tina said, NO..... more like 54. ( that's honest statement )

bethk

bethk
Admin

Believe what you will, Michelle.....

but you know at their age the 'old eyes ain't what they use to be.......

Just sayin............

OK, so that was just plain MEAN! But I'm still gigglin' about thinking of it so soon after I saw Jimmy's comment..........You actually don't look a day over 45!

Crybaby

Crybaby

[quote="UNCLE JIMMY"][quote="Crybaby"][quote="UNCLE JIMMY"]
Crybaby wrote:
And I said to Tina ( my prayer partner ) that Michelle looks to be
49 to 52. Tina said, NO..... more like 54. ( that's honest statement )

Where do I send the presents, Jimmy?! Man, this is my lucky day! I've got a freaking cabana boy, I'm looking like I'm part of a "young couple" and now I hear you two give me a date range of 49 to 54! Whooopie!! To hell with having Al fix my house -- I'm going to get him to just hang around and take photos of me!

I wonder if he can make my food look even better than it really looks?!

Thanks again to you AND Tina. I'll have to have Al take one where you can see all my gray streaks!!

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Believe what you will, Michelle.....

but you know at their age the 'old eyes ain't what they use to be.......

Just sayin............

OK, so that was just plain MEAN!   But I'm still gigglin' about thinking of it so soon after I saw Jimmy's comment..........You actually don't look a day over 45!

Beth, I'd just finished telling Brian, who just came upstairs, about Cabana boy, Jimmy's mistake, and then those WONDEFUL words from Jimmy and then I busted up laughing and read him your comment above. WE WERE BOTH SITTING HERE LIKE TWO LITTLE KIDS, LAUGHING OUR BUTTS OFF. HILARIOUS.

And, no, it wasn't mean. It was the best of all the comments. Brian said to tell you it was his FAVORITE comment. Sure, he says that now -- he's probably worried I might run away with the Cabana Boy!

Posting that picture was the smartest thing I've done in ages. And don't try to cotton up to me now, Beth, with that "not a day over 45" comment. Now y'all are going TOO far. 49 I'll accept (ha ha ha, no I don't but it was fun hearing it!!!!).

Thank you all, Beth, Jimmy AND Tina, for the best night and the most laughs I've had in a long time. I don't think I WILL send another one with my gray hair showing!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Just for more laughs, I logged into this area and re-read yesterday's messages. Laughed all over again.

Cabana Boy emailed me and told me he was in much demand today, having gotten two calls for electrical work today. Al loves that kind of work, as it's the most lucrative the required investment in time.

Then he's supposed to pass by. If it's not too late, he's going to put the kitchen switches on (the inner parts need replacing, too, not just the switchplates because they're offwhite instead of white, too). Plus I want to give him a giant contained or beef fried rice to take home for him and Anna to munch on as I have tons leftover from Christmas.

Cannot wait to tell Al he made Cabana Boy status --- and for a few minutes, we were a couple, too! He'll probably holler out, "Briannnnnn!" like he does when I'm getting the better of him in a bawdy exchange of words or phrases we often get into after an innuendo of some sort prompts such an exchange!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:Well, as you all know, I have no smart phone so I have no pictures of the food. But Al, the guy doing all the work at our house, came for Christmas and brought Anna, the woman who rents a room from him.  They came for Thanksgiving, too, along with my late sister's husband, Ed, who went to Wisconsin for Christmas to visit his sister.  We had such a good time for Thanksgiving that we wanted to do it all over again at Christmas, which we did.  Ed announced at Thanksgiving that he'd be in Wisconsin for Christmas where he bragged he would be waited on hand and foot -- he said something akin to, "I'll just have to sit on the sofa watching TV (knowing Ed for more than 50 years, it's more like he'll be lying on the sofa taking up valuable seating space), and people will bring me drinks, snacks, appetizers and whatever I want." We all laughed but my heart ached for his sister, who's been taking care of her husband, a retired attorney who is quite disabled now from what I've learned over the years. All she needs is someone else to wait on but I sure hope it's his nieces and nephews and their spouses and kids who are at his beck and call.  

Anyway, in the middle of me getting everything together, Al jumped up and came behind the island where I was working and took a selfie of the two of us.  I looked at the picture and said, "You can tell you're a guy.  You never take a selfie from "underneath" a woman's face, since our neck is never the part of us we like looking at as we get older." Everyone howled, so he deleted the first pic and he took another one.  Now, it's not the best picture I ever took but it passed the test to show you guys. I told him later on he'd have to take some pics of my "new" kitchen and dining room.  You can only see a tiny bit of my stovehood over his head and my bread machine to the right on my little desk under the window and the bay leaf wreath I ordered for the holidays. You can also see a teeny bit of the new gray wood-look porcelain floor to the right of my head -- he laid it in a herringbone pattern in that alcove by the door since the floor dipped so badly in front of the back door. (It wasn't noticeable until he tried to lay long tiles over that space, as they would've snapped in two when someone stepped on them if they had been laid in long pieces like the rest of the kitchen due to the severe dip.) That little alcove looked so good and I had a lot of extra tile so I had him lay the tile like that in the half-bath too.  It takes a lot more tile (and labor) to lay it in a herringbone pattern which is the only reason I didn't have him do the whole room like that.  

Al promised he'd take more pics of the kitchen when I give him the all clear when it's neat and clean to show you guys. I'll try and talk Brian into getting in a picture with me, too.

Nice Michelle, and you look great.. like Beth and jimmy said, you don't look like you are a senior citizen.. nice looking

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:

Nice Michelle, and you look great.. like Beth and jimmy said, you don't look like you are a senior citizen.. nice looking

You're too kind, Imelda. I sure FEEL like a senior citizen. Brian and I laughed so much at all the comments and raucous laughter at our house that that picture generated! I'm going to have to remember how I did my makeup that day so I can do it again all the time.

Happy New Year, Imelda! And thanks for the kind words, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum