Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Junky New Recliner

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our Junky New Recliner  Empty Our Junky New Recliner Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well... we got delivery of the new recliner.
Nothing fancy; Tina picked it out herself. $437.00 with the tax / delivered.
Now remember... 400 bucks is not a lot of money for a recliner chair.
So....here is the rest of the story.

Well, the first thing, was, it is the type with the crank lever handle to lean back etc.
I gave it the test, and pushed back, and any movement I made, the back pushed me up forward. I didn't want to get up! So, I pushed back, and I said.... Enough!
I told Tina I didn't like it. She said ....Oh, you're not using it right!!
I said "OK You can have it!"

The next day, She tried it! hahahahahaha.... She said,"You are right hon!"...It pushed me out of the recline position...
I said the wrong thing after her comment. I said, "Maybe we're too HEAVY! " ..... That didn't go over too well; that's for sure.

I guess I will re-engineer the springs. I doubt if they will take it back!
We had the chair special order for the color and fabric type.

I'm not saying "I told you so!".... but I did say NOT to get a recliner with a crank handle...

2Our Junky New Recliner  Empty Re: Our Junky New Recliner Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

So sorry about the new recliner.....

It reminds me of when we were going to buy a new car (a LONG time ago). I had seen a model I thought was beautiful. I saw the car everywhere....and I really, really liked the looks of it. I was sure that was the car for me.

We finally found time to go to a dealership to 'test drive' the car (they even had the color I admired so much). We got in and Dane drove it, thought it handled well. I rode along and I kept noticing the noise and the ride....I began to lose my 'love' for the car I really, REALLY liked. By the time I got behind the wheel and drove down the highway and then over the railroad tracks, I was done. It was like dropping the cute boy in high school.....couldn't wait to be rid of it!

Sometimes you need to 'test drive' furniture, too. I'd call the place you got it and see what their return policy is BEFORE you go adjusting and 'fixing'. You might be surprised to find out what their return policy actually is. A number of my friends have the electric power recliners and really like them. Maybe the place will let you return a $437 recliner for a $1,200 recliner without a problem....

3Our Junky New Recliner  Empty Re: Our Junky New Recliner Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:26 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth wrote:Sometimes you need to 'test drive' furniture, too. I'd call the place you got it and see what their return policy is BEFORE you go adjusting and 'fixing'. You might be surprised to find out what their return policy actually is. A number of my friends have the electric power recliners and really like them. Maybe the place will let you return a $437 recliner for a $1,200 recliner without a problem....

Oooh, you clever girl, you!

4Our Junky New Recliner  Empty Re: Our Junky New Recliner Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I would think it would be covered under a warranty of some kind.

5Our Junky New Recliner  Empty Re: Our Junky New Recliner Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I have to get the warranty, and check it out.
The first thing I want to do, is to go to the store, and test the chair there. If it different than the one we bought, then I will set up a service tech; through the store, to check it out.

6Our Junky New Recliner  Empty Re: Our Junky New Recliner Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Good idea Jimmy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum