Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"September 2017" "What's for Dinner?"

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Those peach pies got me thinking about the munchies for some.

Tonights supper was Haddock Fillet in butter wine sauce.... 1/2 a baked potato, and spinach cooked. Delmonti. in the can. Then dessert was a Boston Cream doughnut chocolate glazed, from Giancarlos bakery in Ledgewood, NJ .... OMG, it was huge, and super filled, and tasty.

352 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

bethk

Admin
Jimmy, you kill me with your talk of donuts.....I swear, I could hurt someone if they walked near me with one.....I'd grab it and run like heck! And if they caught me there would be no evidence left.

Supper went over well. Someone had two servings....AND 3 slices of the sourdough buttered & toasted bread I added at the last minute. I saw it in the refrigerator/freezer and decided it was time to get it used up, too. The angel hair pasta was cooked so it still had a tiny bit of 'bite' and seemed to have more flavor than usual ~ but that's probably because I was REALLY hungry for some pasta.

I'm waiting for him to go to bed before I get the pie out of the freezer. It'll be a surprise for tomorrow. OR, I'll just eat it as it thaws tonight.......((snicker, snicker))

353 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:16 pm

bethk

Admin
I pulled some hot dogs and buns out of the freezer. I wanted some potato salad to go with the dogs but, big surprise, I don't have any potatoes. But, since I already had the eggs on to cook, I made a slight modification and grabbed a box of elbow macaroni. So, Macaroni Salad and hot dogs it will be!

354 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:44 pm

bethk

Admin
Supper was pretty good. The macaroni salad was almost as tasty as the potato salad my tongue was ready for.....

The best part of the grilled hot dogs were the brioche bakery buns ~ split from the top down and then buttered on both sides and grilled until golden. I love when I go to the store and figure I'm worth the extra $$ for really good buns.

355 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Supper was pretty good.  The macaroni salad was almost as tasty as the potato salad my tongue was ready for.....

The best part of the grilled hot dogs were the brioche bakery buns ~ split from the top down and then buttered on both sides and grilled until golden.  I love when I go to the store and figure I'm worth the extra $$ for really good buns.

You're worth every finger licking crumb and morsel of that meal Beth! BTW... I / We used to like when you took photos of your food!
Is your camera broken?

356 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Simple supper today!

Little Bow Ties with fried cabbage and onions.
I was supposed to have a Kansas City Strip Steaks grilled on the BBQ, but .....with temps outside at 52 degrees, and rain.... Uh Uh ! ... I don't think so!
SOooooo! Steak Tomorrow!... LOL

357 Re: "September 2017" "What's for Dinner?" on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:46 am

bethk

Admin
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
You're worth every finger licking crumb and morsel of that meal Beth! BTW... I / We used to like when you took photos of your food!
Is your camera broken?

I can't get the pics from my phone downloaded to my computer. I went through an email the pic to me procedure a couple times that worked but now, since there have been more computer 'updates', I cannot move a pic from my email to my computer file. And let's not even talk about the Photobucket fiasco where ALL my pics were deleted from every post. I know it was my own fault for not reading the 'small print' but it really burns me that they were able to delete everything.

One of these days I'm going to figure it out and we'll be back with my same-old, same-old pics and you all will be sorry! LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum