Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017

+4
Bugster2
cookingirl
Imelda HL
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

51What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bellies are full. We decided to have BLT and cheese sandwiches for supper.
Pumpkin Loaf DD made was dessert!

52What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I looked in the freezer and saw the bag of pork steak.....might as well have it again (as I really do like it and Mr. Amazing isn't a fan....might as well indulge while he's away).

I put it on the grill and when it was cooked through I slathered it a few times with the Korean BBQ sauce I bought in Orlando yesterday (or was it the day before?).  Well, it was more than good!  The bottled stuff is seasoned just the way I like it, with sweet and just a bit of heat ~ easy to use on pork, beef or chicken.  I had two 'golf-ball' size yukon gold potatoes so they got micro-steamed and then finished on the hot grill, served with butter & sour cream.  I picked up a bag of the Sam's Club Sweet Kale salad kit at WalMart today and had half for my supper ~ a large serving but, since I really like it, it wasn't too much for me to eat.  Actually, what got me started on the pork idea for my supper was the game of 'I SPY' when I opened the pantry and saw a box of Jiffy Mix Corn Muffins. Nothing goes better with corn muffins than pork....so I mixed them up and baked off in the toaster oven. I'll have corn muffins for the next week for my breakfast instead of my usual English muffin.

So that was my supper and now I'm ready for a nap.....I think I might have overeaten.  But I'll try to stay awake for a few hours so I don't wake up at 4 a.m. and think the night is over.

53What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Salad of cubed tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, and garlic in water.
Seeded Italian Bread, and butter for sopping up the juices.
Then.... egg salad, and ham salad sandwiches. Little ones.

54What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's a What She wants for supper tonight.
T wants Pizza made with blue tube pizza dough. She can tolerate pizza; so Pizza it will be!

55What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't want stuff to 'grow' in the refrigerator so tonight I reheated the leftover pork from last night and microwaved a couple small ears of fresh sweet corn.

56What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 pm

NormM

NormM

I made stuffed shells with Mexican seasonings.

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 20170816
What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 20170817

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

57What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I made stuffed shells with Mexican seasonings.

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 20170816
What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 20170817

Yummy Good L00KING (00) Norm.
I love shells or Cannone ( Canon Shape Macaroni ) stuffed with meat fillings !  

58What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:14 pm

NormM

NormM

These were seasoned with taco seasoning and cooked in enchilada sauce with queso quesadilla cheese on top

59What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The truth is, when I grew up in the 50's, there were very few frozen ravioli or shells.
Chef Boyardee had canned ravioli but were meat filled. Especially when they first came out.
The frozen were cheese filled. Celantano brand was great, but later went down hill when they used cheaper fillings and size of the product shrunk.
My mom always made meat filled shells. Meat filled ravioli also!

60What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your shell looks like you should call it "OVER stuffed" !

I can see the attraction for cheese lovers ~ and I'm turning things around in MY mind as to how to rearrange the ingredients to apply in my kitchen. Your pic is inspiring, to be sure.

61What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am

NormM

NormM

When the shells filled up the tray, I had some filling left so I spooned it over the top, so they sorta were over stuffed.

62What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:45 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Went out for a late lunch with a couple of 'new' friends.. from church.. turns out, one of them was a childhood neighbor of mine, but we did not know each other..and a year older than me....such a small world. She remembers where I lived because my mom had a beautiful garden with flowers, a white fence and hedges. We had a ton of similar memories... and a ton of similar friends...

So nice to make new friends..especially at this age...

They gave me the leftover Chinese food because I drove. I now have a ton of food!!

Leftovers from the Pu-Pu platter, the Shrimp Pad Thai, and the Sesame Chicken.. love the
Pad Thai.. that was my suggestion..

This place was a bit different.. good food, kind of higher scale; because I worked in Chinatown, I am very fussy with Chinese Food. I do love a good Pad Thai.. This one was good, different than what I am accustomed to, but good~~~~ more upscale.. will see if I can photograph it tomorrow..

Should Have remembered to do it during the meal... sorry... not used to being able to share pictures....

63What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Anyone hear from: Crybaby??? AKA Michelle??? Concerned about her and the water situation down in NOLA...

64What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm hoping Michelle is just busy with the remodeling going on at their house.....she's always said she and Brian don't usually have any problems from flooding in their area. ((fingers 'XXX' crossed))

Supper tonight was a couple hot dogs, toasted buns, mustard, onions and sauerkraut. I had the second half bag of Sam's Sweet Kale Salad to go along side.

65What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Went out for a late lunch with a couple of 'new' friends.. from church.. turns out, one of them was a childhood neighbor of mine, but we did not know each other..and a year older than me....such a small world. She remembers where I lived because my mom had a beautiful garden with flowers, a white fence and hedges. We had a ton of similar memories...  and a ton of similar friends...

So nice to make new friends..especially at this age...

They gave me the leftover Chinese food because I drove. I now have a ton of food!!

Leftovers from the Pu-Pu platter, the Shrimp Pad Thai, and the Sesame Chicken.. love the
Pad Thai.. that was my suggestion..

This place was a bit different.. good food, kind of higher scale; because I worked in Chinatown, I am very fussy with Chinese Food. I do love a good Pad Thai.. This one was good, different than what I am accustomed to, but good~~~~ more upscale.. will see if I can photograph it tomorrow..

Should Have remembered to do it during the meal... sorry... not used to being able to share pictures....

We made new friends when we first moved here from the other town. We went to eat at the Chinese restaurant, and Mike ordered a Poo Poo Platter. I never heard of it, and was weary to try it.
They had on this round stack of round serving dishes, this toast.
Mike said it was Shrimp Toast. ????? No clue to me! ....well...I ate like three of these toast, and the grease was dripping as I bit the toast. I was never so sick in my life, when I got home.

I never even wanted to see it again. What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 2363720550

66What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was thinking about crybaby, but I remember she stated that they are on a section of N.O. that is on higher ground. I'm sure, there is still travel (Local ) difficulties.
We are praying all is ok.

67What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I fried up a burger patty and melted some cheese on top. Made the mistake of using some ketchup for dipping and now I have heartburn.

Joe and Katie are at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. They are seeing Diana Krall. Talented woman but not my kind of music so as usual I stayed home.
I spent the morning trying to get an Apple I.D. for Joe. I finally had to call Apple. Got it done though. Last night, after Joe and Katie tried for a couple of hours to get a Lyft app on her phone, I managed to do it 10 minutes. I don't know what the problem was. I think they were trying to get it on her laptop.

68What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:17 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Re: Michelle; Isn't there some kind of water contamination issue in NOLA? that is what I think, I remember hearing.. hopefully she is ok....

Jimmy, I am not a fan of Pu-Pu platters--too greasy for me.. but this one was not bad.. The beef teriyaki was very good. I prefer to get a couple of dishes and some plain rice to go with it, but I went along with suggestions.. The Pad Thai was my suggestion, and it went over very well.

69What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have never heard of that platter, but, judging from Jimmy's reaction, I would say "poo poo" is the correct spelling. Sounds like his stomach upset turned into a raging holocaust. Having suffered from acute food poisoning myself, Jimmy has my sympathy.

70What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have never heard of that platter, but, judging from Jimmy's reaction, I would say "poo poo" is the correct spelling. Sounds like his stomach upset turned into a raging holocaust. Having suffered from acute food poisoning myself, Jimmy has my sympathy.

DD's Ex used to eat bread, fried in the bacon grease after frying a pound of bacon, and then topped with a scrambled eggs ..... also fried in the grease!

71What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Back on the roll here. Supper was two mini 1/2 sandwiches of Hebrew National salami. Apple pie for dessert, and finished off, with an ice cream bar.
Now I am so thirsty. Darn .

72What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I couldn't come up with any idea for my supper.....I finally settled on a couple slices of bread turned into French toast. So, it was breakfast for supper and it was enough to satisfy my hunger. I considered adding some bacon but it just didn't sound good to me for some reason. I guess my body is trying to tell me to cut back before it teaches me why it's not asking for more.....

I am hungry for some good Chinese carryout. Unfortunately, there's not anyplace around here that has anything that can pass for 'good' Chinese food. There's a Panda Express (chain w/drive-thru) but it's as much Chinese an I am. I should just make something but my mouth is really craving something REAL. Back in Ohio I use to go to a family run 'stand alone' restaurant that was always filled with local Chinese immigrants. There were a few 'family' tables that were always filled and always covered with platters and bowls of some of the most amazing looking foods. Friends of Lyn & Bill, Deng & Song, went with us there one time and did the ordering for our table. Since they both speak the same dialect as the owners we got dishes only family usually got made for them ~ and it was delicious. I wouldn't be able to order on my own but it sure was good, especially having Deng and Song to tell me what each dish was made of.

73What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:29 pm

NormM

NormM

There was a Chinese place like that in Junction City. Exchange students from KU were always eating there. If you wanted "real" Chinese food, you had to ask for the Chinese menu, then you had to ask the wait person what everything was because it was printed in Chinese.

I was in the mood for something curry today so I have some curry pork stew on the stove.

74What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Have three Knockwurst cooking and braising with onions. All in the electric skillet.
Tina is up at the church; helping with the food etc. at the church picnic.

75What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Niagara Visitor

I'm on my way to my fishermen sons to pick up some fresh Lake Erie Pickerel............. they caught their limit, 9 each. That's a lot of fish! Yumm!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum