Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017

+4
Bugster2
cookingirl
Imelda HL
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

201What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

OOOPPSSSS

I goofed bit time!! IT is not Jimmy's B-day, it is TINA's Birthday!!

Happy Birthday, Tina!!!!

202What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Happy Birthday Jimmy!!!!

Thanks Debbie... but it's Tina's Birthday today. Mine is Oct 22.

203What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:56 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Question: what do you use for deep frying?

Bugs, I rarely DEEP fry, but if I do, I use a cast iron pot, with the thermometer clipped on the side.

204What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm

NormM

NormM

Happy Birthday Tina.

Debbie. I used to use a cast iron chicken fryer and a thermometer but I saw Charlie walk away from it a couple times when he was using it and not paying attention to the fact that it was getting hot so I got a Waring fryer. I think I saw the same one at Bed Bath & Beyond but with a different name on it. People say electric ones don't get hot enough but I have not found that to be a problem. I got the Waring because it is the biggest one they had and almost as big as the chicken fryer.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

205What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

OOPS!

206What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Last time I deep fried chicken I used my electric fry pan. I regulated the temperature of the oil with my Thermapen because the temperature markings on the dial are far from accurate. But it was good that I could take it outside to use and didn't have the smell and spatter in the house.

207What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 863604796 What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 863604796 Happy Birthday, Tina !!! What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 863604796 What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 863604796

208What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina said thank you for the greetings on her birthday!......

You should see the pork chops bone in, and cutlets, and bone in pork steaks she got.
Italian sausage, and chicken boneless breasts.

She came home with 6 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I just had three single ones, ( not 3 doz. ) hahaha glazed for supper.
Enjoying my Krispy Kreme cup of coffee with them.

Actually, we will be having a celebration dinner and party for Tina this Sunday.

209What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:17 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was busy all day moving furniture. The workers who were to move furniture for me from Jeanie's house two doors down to mine and remove mine showed up at 10 a.m. It took a while to get the LazyBoy recliner and reclining couch here and then they had to REALLY work to get the big ugly couch out of my house. It was too large to go through a doorway (the LazyBoy furniture was easy to pull the backs off and get out of Jeanie's and into my house). They had to remove the patio doors (both doors, which requires tools to get the doors out) before they could carry the couch outside.

But they got the job done and my house is back in order.

Habitat for Humanity came and picked up the ugly couch and the LazyBoy recliner I moved out as well as a bunch of furniture Jeanie was getting rid of since bringing her Minnesota furniture and getting it put into place. So, it was a good, albeit exhausting, labor day.

So, by supper time I was just hungry but had no desire to cook. I ended up going to Bob Evan's Restaurant and had a lovely chicken salad/fruit plate. Piggy Me at the whole thing! Well, I did bring the banana bread side home and will have it for my 'breakfast' with my coffee this morning.

210What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw a package with a ham slice in the freezer and decided to go with that for my supper tonight.  I had a couple more servings of mashed potatoes in the convenience store bought pack I got the other day so it was just a matter of adding some green peas (cooked in the microwave for 3 minutes) ~ which turned out to be a HUGE serving, but, hey.....what are you going to do once they're cooked? ~ and I sliced up one apple and made a serving of red cinnamon fried apples to counteract all the salt in the ham.  

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 08_24_10

211What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today, we were fed ( at least I was ), with fast food.
Breakfast / lunch, was a Big Breakfast eggs biscuit, sausage patty, and pancakes.

Supper, was a cheeseburger with bacon and tomato, and a medium fries, from
Wendy's.
Dessert was another Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut. Two bites..... Gone!

212What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:23 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Jimmy, I wish Tina had lots of fun on her birthday What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 863604796 What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 863604796

I cooked some oxtail soup, with  veggies I had in my fridge, potato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, cauliflower and green onion, I cooked them in slow cooker for 4 hours ( I boiled them on the stove before I dumped them in my slow cooker ).. I added some nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon, lots of black pepper

Dirk went out for a long hike, it was 99'F and he went out and spent 6 hours under the heat, he came back after 11 pm, I was so worried, I did not get his phone call until 10 pm before he headed home.. he told me he saw a big rattlesnake laying in the middle of the trail and did not want to move, he could not go forward until he sprayed some water on it, and saw some skunks in his way, would not move until he banged his stick very hard, but he made it home safe.. I heated a big bowl of the soup for him and he enjoyed it very much after he washed up, now he is downloading the pictures he took on his hike, with a shot of rye whiskey

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 213
What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 311

213What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:36 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your soup looks wonderful, Imelda! But you always make everything look SO appetizing.....

I can't imagine the worry you have when Dirk goes off on his hikes. I find the older I get the more I worry about what Dane is doing, especially when I think it's dangerous or too strenuous for him, taking in consideration the weather, temperature. But there's no way I'm going to stop him so I guess I just get myself all worried needlessly.

Maybe we both just need to go into the kitchen and bake something to calm our nerves! LOL

214What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Here is a new way to peel hard boiled eggs. Never seen it before. I wonder how it would work with those egg shells that are almost impossible to remove without destroying the egg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWf7pa-OsU

In-N'-Out burgers tonight.

215What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You can peel more eggs with a glass bowl with a lid. I gave the previous video a try. worked like a charm.

216What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:You can peel more eggs with a glass bowl with a lid. I gave the previous video a try. worked like a charm.

My cousin Donna gave me one of those as seen on tv egg peelers that you smash down on the egg piston with your hand, and it blows out the egg from the shell. ??? have to try it yet !!!
She said hers works perfect and she loves it. We shall see.

217What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bone in thin cut pork chops tonight.
Tina wants mashed potatoes. I'm good for that. I got my butter ready. LOL

Now all i've got to do, is bread the chops.
We are watching the baby Liam today.

218What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:27 pm

NormM

NormM

I made Korean Chicken wings for dinner tonight.

What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 20170837
What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 20170835
What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 20170836

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

219What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a small roast chicken tonight, finished off the last of the mashed potatoes (store bought), made a bit of gravy from the pan drippings, and cut the corn off a fresh ear....ended up being a huge amount ~ but vegetables are good for me.

For whatever reason I cannot get the pic to download to my computer. Maybe tomorrow it will cooperate. But I'm sure you've seen the same pic a hundred times since it's a standard meal from me.

220What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

No supper tonight. I pulled a muscle in my back and I don't feel like eating anything.

Crap ~ if I'd have known it would ruin my appetite I would have injured myself years ago......

221What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Maybe a hot bath would help?

222What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No supper tonight.  I pulled a muscle in my back and I don't feel like eating anything.

Crap ~ if I'd have known it would ruin my appetite I would have injured myself years ago......

Now, How the HECK did you pull that back?..... OOoops Forgot!
"Beths Furniture Moving Company",.....Say No More!
Get Better and feel better soon.

223What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had Egg Plant Moussaka for supper. Tina made it. It was great!

This song has been  playing in my head all day today. Probably because of the
Hurricane / tornado season.
Don't click on this if you get songs stuck in your head like I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjRUKCKIG4

224What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:39 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Maybe a hot bath would help?

Yes, it probably would.......unfortunately, both my bathrooms just have walk-in showers........

But a hot shower did help some. Thanks.

225What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ August, 2017 Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:23 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I won't own a house that doesn't have a bath tub. I use it almost daily to soak away my body aches and pains. I really use it when I catch the flu, sometimes up to 4 times a day. The heat from the water helps with the chills and aches and actually helps my fever to go down. Helps with chest congestion too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum