Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

steak on the weber 6/7..

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

steak on the weber 6/7.. 248061_4965382537074_916079581_n

not even sure what cut this is. package said steak lol

it must be a rib eye.

2steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You make meant to get a charcoal grill.....maybe when I get back to the villa. But I want one that's the same height as my gas grill. I don't like to cook on the patio.

3steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

when I use my smokey joe,I put it up on the patio table. the legs don't get hot.I was putting it on the cement or in the grass. ghezz my back.

the big weber is stand up height.I don't use it much. the cooking area is so big..

4steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Right now my only table outside on the patio is the round glass one. I think Dane is going to sand and paint an old metal folding table to take down when he goes again for Thanksgiving.

5steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

the big weber is stand up height.I don't use it much. the cooking area is so big..

But you only have to put a small area of charcoal in it, Barbara, if that's all you need.  You don't need to fill up the whole thing unless you're cooking for a crowd.  Plus, when you're done, close up the holes top and bottom and then you can re-use the leftover charcoal in the charcoal lighter with the new stuff.

6steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had forgotten how well the regular size weber shuts down and the charcoal just dies out.....

Hmmmm, maybe that's a reason to check one out at the end of the selling season when they're on sale at a  good price.....

7steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

It's easy to re-use the charcoal, too, when you use one of those charcoal "buckets" that you start with newspaper.

8steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Remember way back in the dark ages when your mom or dad would light a charcoal grill with lighter fluid?  Was anything good with that petroleum taste permeating the entire meal?

That stuff could even ruin a hot dog....

9steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Remember way back in the dark ages when your mom or dad would light a charcoal grill with lighter fluid?  Was anything good with that petroleum taste permeating the entire meal?

That stuff could even ruin a hot dog....

I prefer no lighter fluid but it really didn't bother me at the time!  It just scared me to death when people would squirt from the can onto a lit fire.  I just imagined a huge explosion.

10steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, stupid move....one of my brothers learned the hard way to respect fire as a young teenager....he had 3rd degree burns on his leg for most of his life.

11steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

isn't it great to post here about grilling without MR. Big breathing down your neck,, use LUMP use LUMP..Oh & grilling on gas isn't grilling..

OR god forbid you use a store bought RUB..steak on the weber 6/7.. 512660330

12steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Brian has really mastered cooking just about anything on the grill or on the smoker. If we started using lump, it would be a whole new learning curve, I think. Plus it's more pricey -- an even better reason to stick with the old stuff.

You always make me laugh, Barbara. Mr. Big!!!

13steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:43 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

tongue hehehe it really is nice to not to have someone on you all the time about how & why & what you do.I was given some of that rub several in fact. I used it, fine. Will I go out of my way to buy it .NO.

I do have give credit to the fact I would not even be grilling at all if it was not for him..
I went from not ever grilling not ever even owning any grill, to 3 in blink of a eye.

I bought lump by mistake at wal mart. Royal Oak.something. HUGE HUGE orange bag $6 or $7.

I may smoke something come fall. I am not about to baby sit that grill in this heat.
steak on the weber 6/7.. 387840482  steak on the weber 6/7.. 512660330 

14steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, I've smoked ribs on my gas grill....no babysitting necessary. I put my soaked wood chips in a foil pan, sealed with foil and holes poked top and bottom. I put one side of the grill on high and left the other side off. When my wood was smoking I turned the heat down low and added the ribs as far away from the heat as possible and closed it until the smoke ran out from my chips, probably about an hour. My seasoned ribs were cooked but not really tender, needed some moist heat for a bit, so I sealed them on an old sheet pan, added some orange juice and sealed up tight, cooked over a low flame, turning it off and on a couple of times.

When tender I finished them on the grill grates with some sauce....but you could so whatever you wanted. I just played around with it. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of smokey flavor but prefer just a whif here and there.

15steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was just looking for some grilled vegetable ideas and saw the bacon wrapped ideas.

The first one that I do want to do is a bacon wrapped potato...I can imagine par cooking some Yukon potatoes for a minute in the microwave and then wrapping in thin bacon and grilling until the bacon is crisp. But that got me to thinking of wrapping yellow or green zucchini in a strip of bacon. Or, as I sit here and my mind is spinning - what about hollowing out that zucchini, adding some filling, maybe with a tiny bit of cheese, putting the halves back together and THEN grilling??? Now that is something I've not seen yet in all my perusing around.

So, Barb, how about trying my idea and taking a pic since I can't? Please? I have no car to go to the store for the zucchini, and I can't take pics right now to post. Make me a stuffed zucchini wrapped in bacon if its not too hot to be by the grill.

16steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I've seen a small bunch of green beans wrapped with a piece of bacon, too -- I think they cooked it in the broiler but it would also work on the grill, especially if you started them in a pan and then moved them to the grill proper to crisp up that bacon.

Or you could precook the green beans in some chicken broth in the nuker and then wrap some of them with a slice of bacon when they cool and then place them on the grill.

You could also parboil some potatoes that you sliced into quarters and then wrap the potatoes with half a piece of bacon. You could "attach" bacon with a toothpick (facing lenthwise like the quartered potatoes so the toothpick won't get caught in the grill). Brian is at the grocery as we speak and I told him to get some sweet potatoes. This would work well with them, too. After parboiling, you could swish them in some olive oil with some seasonings prior to wrapping with the bacon. If I can talk him into that tonight, I'm going to. The man loves to grill and smoke stuff so he'll probably be up for it (he likes bacon, too).

17steak on the weber 6/7.. Empty Re: steak on the weber 6/7.. Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH BACON!!!

You could wrap a flip-flop in bacon, toss it on the grill and someone would think you were a gourmet chef.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum