Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peach Cobbler

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peach Cobbler Empty Peach Cobbler Sat May 27, 2017 7:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

A few years ago, on the Cooking.com forum, I had posted an easy fruit cobbler recipe from The Pioneer Woman cooking series.  Everyone who tried it seemed to like it.

So, with the last of the Georgia peaches our neighbors gave us, I made a couple.  One got shared with Tommy & Joann and one will be put into the refrigerator to have as dessert when Dane's sister, Cheryle, comes tomorrow for a Memorial Day Cook-Out.

Peach Cobbler IMG_20170527_174859239

Here's the recipe (in case you didn't copy it over before....).  This time I used fresh peaches but I've made it with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.  All have been good to eat!

It couldn't be easier to make and it uses 'normal' pantry items.  If you don't have self-rising flour just sub in 1 c. a/p flour, 1-1/2 t. baking soda and 1/2 t. salt.  Easy Peasy!

Fruit Cobbler
(from thepioneerwoman.com – Blackberry Cobbler #1)

1 stick butter – melted
1 ¼ c. sugar, divided
1 c. self-rising flour
1 c. milk
2 c. berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries….whatever)

Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease a 9 X 9 casserole dish.

Whisk together self-rising flour and 1 c. sugar, add milk and melted butter and stir just until combined.  It will resemble pancake batter.  Pour into buttered casserole dish and top with all the berries across the batter.  Sprinkle the remaining ¼ c. sugar evenly over the top of the berries.

Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 10 minutes in a preheated 350* oven (check with a toothpick to be sure it’s baked through).

I took a casserole over to Tommy & Joann's and her only comment was, "where's the ice cream????" LOL I said I thought she'd have that in her freezer.....so about an hour later there was a knock at my door and there was Joann with a carton of "homemade' vanilla ice cream. I said, "This is Breyer's. I thought you said 'homemade'???" She pointed out the name on the cover was "Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream".......good enough for me! Hahahahahaha

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum