Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:40 am

NormM

I am disappointed with any canned soup but I hoped this would be an exception.  I also usually get Hormel when I don't want to make a big batch.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

77 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:46 pm

bethk

Admin
Dane wanted something 'soft' for supper....he had some dental work done today.

Baked Pasta & bakery Kaiser Roll.

78 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Darn.... I could go for those cut ziti. Ummm!
For supper, a bologna on toast for Tina, and a can of Mackerel for me; with hot peppers and stale bread.

79 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:51 pm

bethk

Admin
Oh, MAN, what a day! My poor sister-in-law......if it weren't for bad luck she'd have no luck at all.

She was scheduled to have a colonoscopy and gastro...something today. She stopped eating 'food' on Tuesday night and went through the Miralax clean-out procedure all day yesterday ~ so gross tasting. But, we picked her up and drove her 45 minutes from her house to St. Augustine to the doctor's facility to have it done. We got there at 12:00 noon for a 12:30 appointment ~ WOW! Early!

On the door was a sign....."Office CLOSED for Good Friday"...........

WTF?????

She had her paperwork with her with the appointment noted and the instructions of what to do and I checked it with her. She was absolutely correct. The appointment was scheduled for Friday, April 14, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.

Poor Cheryle. It wouldn't be nearly so awful if it wasn't for the fact that she had to endure that 'clean-out'...and now she'll have to do it all over again.

So, what to do? We went out to lunch.

St. Augustine was swarming with tourists so we went back towards her house to a nice seafood place. I had fish & shrimp with an interesting raw red beet and pear salad (hold the Feta, please). Dane and Cheryle had the grouper sandwich special with fries.

The grouper sandwich had a homemade aoili, house slaw and a blue corn tortilla (for crunch). They said it was delicious.

80 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

OMG.... what a bummer. I certainly would have been pixxed.

That's worse than going to church on Easter Sunday, and finding a note saying ~Church Closed due to the Holiday! Duhhhhh!!!

Food looks great though. Ummmm!

81 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm

bethk

Admin
Yeah....she was pretty hungry!

82 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:08 pm

NormM

I think I'd be more angry than hungry even though I'd not had anything to eat in a day and night.

83 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Bugster2

I would send the doctor a bill for my trouble and time.

84 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 pm

bethk

Admin
On the drive back from St. Augustine yesterday we stopped at a roadside Farmers' Market stand. They had so much beautiful produce! I ended up with a huge bunch of Rainbow Chard, yellow & green zucchini squash, a local cauliflower, local 'sugar' carrots (the ones that are HUGE but taste sweet), cubanelle peppers, red beets and tomatoes.

So, tonight I cooked some of the Swiss chard, fried up some of the summer squash with onions and pan fried a chicken breast with just seasoned flour to give it a light coating. I didn't hear any complaints from the Peanut Gallery.

85 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks good Beth. Hmm! That chicken looks good. Nice and thin. I would give it a try.

I am conducting and playing the Easter Dinner for tomorrow.
Ham boiled and ready to glaze.
Turkey breast soaking in salt water brine. 7Lb. breast. Roasting tomorrow.
Kielbasa fresh and smoked all cooked. just to throw in oven to heat.
So supper today, is picking this and that, like now little miss Tina just took some sliced fresh kielbasa for her supper. I'm gonna check that ham with a little knife.
After the eggs cool, Tina and Me will dye them.

Little Liam watched his papa and grandma dye his eggs.

86 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:36 pm

NormM

I am getting ready for dinner tomorrow so today I made a pineapple upside down cake in a bunt pan.  The finished cake is mine, the picture showing how it was made is not mine. I used fresh pineapple and cut them to fit while the picture shows canned pineapple

87 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:31 am

Bugster2

What a very pretty way to do the cake.

88 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

I'll second that! That cake looks awesome. Actually, it looks like my ham that I ust glazed and added the pineapple slices and cherries. I asked permission to add some cloves to one half the ham. I like the ham with whole cloves for flavor.

89 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 am

NormM

Charlie loves pineapple but not in a cake because it is soggy.  This way the pineapple isn't soaking in melted butter and brown sugar.

90 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:29 pm

cookingirl

NormM wrote:I am getting ready for dinner tomorrow so today I made a pineapple upside down cake in a bunt pan.  The finished cake is mine, the picture showing how it was made is not mine. I used fresh pineapple and cut them to fit while the picture shows canned pineapple

Norm, that is absolutely gorgeous!! nice idea!

91 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:05 pm

bethk

Admin
Sure is prettier than the 'boring' one I made.....although it was pretty tasty and everyone who got some didn't complain at all! LOL

92 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:12 pm

bethk

Admin
We met friends after church today for a Country Club Easter Dinner at noon.

Dane & I had lobster & filet:

Three others had lamb chops:

And Bill had prime rib:

No more eating for the rest of the day.....I'm STUFFED !

93 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:34 pm

NormM

The cake is half gone and we haven't even had dinner yet.  We are going to have ham, asparagus, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and corn bread.

94 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:00 pm

bethk

Admin
Sounds good.

95 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

All went well for supper.
ham was superb. The cloves really kicked it up a notch.
GTurkey was a little dry. I ate some.
DIL made manicotti.

Kentucky butter cake... ; butter cookies, and a carrot cake with cream cheese Icing..

96 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:13 pm

NormM

Our dinner

97 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:34 am

bethk

Admin
Great looking meal, Norm. That's a lot of food!

98 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:44 am

NormM

Thanks Beth

99 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:30 pm

bethk

Admin
Tonight was a nice BLT with farm fresh tomatoes and woven bacon. Fried corn & beans along side.

100 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Bugster2

Crap! Got a slab leak. The plumber is coming tomorrow. The carpet is soaking wet. I hope it doesn't stain. The runner is wet too. I have a thousand dollar deductible so I don't know if I am going to put in a claim until I find out what it is going to cost and if any carpet or wood floor has to be replaced. I guess I can be grateful that it isn't a sewage leak. So early in the AM we are going to be assaulted with the noise from a cement saw and jack hammer. I just thought of something - the power is going to be off all day Wednesday so I hope they can get it fixed before then.

Tonight is going to be turkey sandwiches from the leftover turkey I made yesterday. It wasn't very good. The brand was Jenny-O and not as tender as other brands. a bit gamey too with that sour-mop essence that I can detect in turkey and some chickens. I wish I knew what it was called.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum