Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:52 pm

bethk

Admin
Supper was super! I do like a good beef stir fry ~ used my Korean marinade (purchased for Kalbi Beef) on the meat. Used our harvested snow peas with carrots, onion & celery. I also tried the frozen brown rice ~ cheaper than the shelf-safe cryo pack and just enough for two ~ only problem is, now what do I use for the leftover stirfry??? Guess I'll have to cook some anyway............

52 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Supper was super!  I do like a good beef stir fry ~ used my Korean marinade (purchased for Kalbi Beef) on the meat.  Used our harvested snow peas with carrots, onion & celery.  I also tried the frozen brown rice ~ cheaper than the shelf-safe cryo pack and just enough for two ~ only problem is, now what do I use for the leftover stirfry???  Guess I'll have to cook some anyway............

Surely does look good Beth. Ahh ? ? / What ever happened to the twin pack of Pork Tenderloins?? Did you ever make the stir fry medallions with then? Or was I dreaming this??

53 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

bethk

Admin
The little pork tenderloin was a few days ago.....go back to the previous page to see where I pan roasted it with a soy based sauce w/grapes.  I get those little, tender pork tenderloin packages (I don't like the ones that are marinated in who-knows-what) and I clean them of any fat / silver skin.  Then I cut each into two pieces, which is enough for the two of us for a meal, and I wrap and freeze.  It's tender, quick to cook and I can use them in so many ways ~ one of my favorites is to cut up and make my old fashioned sweet & sour pork with pineapple and red peppers.

54 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The little pork tenderloin was a few days ago.....go back to the previous page to see where I pan roasted it with a soy based sauce w/grapes.  I get those little, tender pork tenderloin packages (I don't like the ones that are marinated in who-knows-what) and I clean them of any fat / silver skin.  Then I cut each into two pieces, which is enough for the two of us for a meal, and I wrap and freeze.  It's tender, quick to cook and I can use them in so many ways ~ one of my favorites is to cut up and make my old fashioned sweet & sour pork with pineapple and red peppers.

I saw it now! .... I guess I must have been Day Dreaming.
I'm sure I was side tracked with something! LOL

55 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 pm

NormM

We had beef bulgogi from the meat Charlie marinated overnight.  Strawberries with angel food cake was dessert.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

56 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight was a sandwich believe it or not.
We each had liverwurst with Swiss cheese and mustard. Not much of a meal, but today was Dr. Day for DD, and for Tina.
Tina made a chocolate cake ( 13x9 ) with white butter cream icing. Already gave half to the next door neighbor.

57 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:18 pm

bethk

Admin
We had a chance to do a road trip to Orlando today.....no appointments, nothing scheduled ~ just a free day! We went to an outlet mall to do some shopping (I did find a couple shirts to replace the frayed ones in my closet), went to a nice lunch at a lakefront restaurant (I had a delicious piece of grouper and a really wonderfully fresh salad with a mixture of different textured greens, egg, bacon and 'homemade' croutons that were light and crispy, picked up some things at Trader Joe's and ended the day buying way too much stuff at Costco ~ all great deals for stuff I really wanted or could use....and much of it was on the special Costco $3 or $4 off instant coupons.

58 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Bugster2

The tech people at Cox Communications are morons. I wanted to connect a DVD recorder to one of my TVs but for got how. I contacted Cox and 3 tech people told me it couldn't be done. Right, you idiots. I have done it before. Then I remembered that another one of our TVs was hooked up to the recorder and the mini box but it also had an HDMI which my recorder does not have. I followed the cable trails and got most of it done and then had to fiddle around with a couple more RCA cables and got it hooked up. I made myself a color coded diagram so I would not have this problem in the future.

A week or so ago I made a ginger-sesame salmon salad. Tonight I am making the same salad except substituting shrimp for the salmon. It really doesn't have much in it: lettuce, grated carrots, fried wonton strips. I am trying to think of something else to add to the salad.

59 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:The tech people at Cox Communications are morons. I wanted to connect a DVD recorder to one of my TVs but for got how. I contacted Cox and 3 tech people told me it couldn't be done. Right, you idiots. I have done it before. Then I remembered that another one  of our TVs was hooked up to the recorder and the mini box but it also had an HDMI which my recorder does not have. I followed the cable trails and got most of it done and then had to fiddle around with a couple more RCA cables and got it hooked up. I made myself a color coded diagram so I would not have this problem in the future.

A week or so ago I made a ginger-sesame salmon salad. Tonight I am making the same salad except substituting shrimp for the salmon. It really doesn't have much in it: lettuce, grated carrots, fried wonton strips. I am trying to think of something else to add to the salad.

Little Cheese Pieces?? .... peas ....or Chick Peas?

60 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I am braising two pork butt steaks in the electric skillet.
Onions sliced, and potato wedges at the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Apple Sauce to eat it with.
Ha H a Haaaaa.... You heard of Sealer In a Can???....Well, this is A Meal in a Pan!

61 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Bugster2

Jimmy, I think I will add a can of mandarine orange segments.

62 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 pm

bethk

Admin
I picked some more snow peas to use in a 'Spring Salad'.....Blanched the snow peas, asparagus, chopped celery, carrots & will add some chopped iceburg lettuce. I'll use my usual Asian type homemade salad dressing.

I've got a chicken breast cut into two thin cutlets to cook on the grill and some potatoes, leeks & cubanelle pepper on the grill already. I want my potato packet to be crispy in places so I'll leave it on the grill for longer than usual.

63 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I picked some more snow peas to use in a 'Spring Salad'.....Blanched the snow peas, asparagus, chopped celery, carrots & will add some chopped iceburg lettuce.  I'll use my usual Asian type homemade salad dressing.

I've got a chicken breast cut into two thin cutlets to cook on the grill and some potatoes, leeks & cubanelle pepper on the grill already.  I want my potato packet to be crispy in places so I'll leave it on the grill for longer than usual.

Umm... Oh Yes! ... Crispy is reward to my lips!

64 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 pm

bethk

Admin
The salad was a huge hit! It was crispy and cold and all the vegetables had flavor of their own. I used the pea pods I just picked and the last 3 radishes we harvested. The asparagus was blanched until just tender.....good stuff.

The potato packet was excellent as well. I usually just take a pinch of red pepper flakes but shook some on tonight ~ pretty heavy. The heat was VERY evident. (My lips are still burning!) But HE likes spicy foods so there were no complaints.

65 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The salad was a huge hit!  It was crispy and cold and all the vegetables had flavor of their own.  I used the pea pods I just picked and the last 3 radishes we harvested.  The asparagus was blanched until just tender.....good stuff.

The potato packet was excellent as well.  I usually just take a pinch of red pepper flakes but shook some on tonight ~ pretty heavy.  The heat was VERY evident.  (My lips are still burning!)  But HE likes spicy foods so there were no complaints.

No crispy Wings, Huh?
Looks Good though! Your salad is making me drool!

66 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 pm

NormM

Looks good Beth.  We had Shrimp Scampi and some homemade bread tonight.

67 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 am

bethk

Admin
Your meal looks scrumptious, Norm! Love the tomato & veg added to the noodles....makes it especially pretty to serve.

68 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Looks good Beth.  We had Shrimp Scampi and some homemade bread tonight.

You did a great job there Norm! I made them the other day, but only on skewers , and no sauce other than butter and wine.

69 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm about to fry some peppers and potatoes for sandwiches. I may throw some thin sliced bias cut hot dogs or knockwurst in with it.

70 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

bethk

Admin
Dane mentioned being hungry for chili dogs.....SO.................

I was really hungry for a side of macaroni salad and it hit the spot with me. I also used the FIRST of our patio pot tomatoes that I picked a couple days ago and let finish ripening up in the house. FINALLY....a tomato that we grew that actually tastes like a tomato! Unfortunately, they're cherry tomatoes and not big old slicers that I'd really like. But, it's better than a poke in the eye!

71 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Surely L00Ks good Beth!
That Mac salad L00Ks awesome

72 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:35 pm

NormM

I noticed a brand of soup that I hadn't seen before: Amy's. It looked like it might be good. It was sure expensive enough to be good. One of the cans was chili. A few days later I got some hot dogs and decided to make a chili dog for myself.  Turns out that was the worst chili I ever had.

73 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 pm

bethk

Admin
I think Amy's is an all vegetarian brand.....if it's the same one I've seen.

I used a can of Hormel Chili without beans for our chili sauce. It wasn't the best I've ever had but it did have some flavor.

74 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 pm

NormM

Vegetarian Chili probably can't avoid being terrible.

75 Re: APRIL 2017... What's Cooking for Dinner? on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Bugster2

When I used to buy canned chili it was Hormel.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum