Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pizza dough ?

+3
Ceee
Imelda HL
Barbara101
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pizza dough ? Empty Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

so I made some in my KA,recipe says let rise 1hr in a 85` place.. hummm where would that be?????

2Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:so I made some in my KA,recipe says let rise 1hr in a 85` place.. hummm where would that be?????

in the oven with the light on

3Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Ceee

Probably too late...set your toaster oven to warm and put it on top of there

4Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Outside on your picnic table???

Hahahahahahaha

5Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Outside on your picnic table???

Hahahahahahaha

it's raining.that's out lol..

6Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ceee wrote:Probably too late...set your toaster oven to warm and put it on top of there

oh oh that's a great idea. Idea

7Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Imelda HL wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:so I made some in my KA,recipe says let rise 1hr in a 85` place.. hummm where would that be?????

Imelda I have no account stove. Crying or Very sad I love the smooth top but the oven light is OUT. well it is on 100% of the time if I screw in the bulb lol. something about the switch is out. repair guy said it would cost more to fix it then the stove is worth.

so NO oven light for me. Evil or Very Mad Sad

I COULD buy a new one BUT, I want to move. (??? where???) the light out is not really a big issue anyway..

good idea tho

thanks..

8Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:

Imelda I have no account stove. Crying or Very sad I love the smooth top but the oven light is OUT. well it is on 100% of the time if I screw in the bulb lol. something about the switch is out. repair guy said it would cost more to fix it then the stove is worth.

so NO oven light for me. Evil or Very Mad Sad

I COULD buy a new one BUT, I want to move. (??? where???) the light out is not really a big issue anyway..

good idea tho

thanks..

In the oven is draft free which is good. Place a candle ( The kind with the glass jar to catch the drippage wax) and set it in the back corner of the oven.
Just make sure the dough in the bowl is covered with saran plastic wrap.

9Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:go]In the oven is draft free which is good. Place a candle ( The kind with the glass jar to catch the drippage wax) and set it in the back corner of the oven.

good idea Uncle Jimmy.. the small candle ( like the ones in church ) will do Pizza dough ? 3593629538

10Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:go]In the oven is draft free which is good. Place a candle ( The kind with the glass jar to catch the drippage wax) and set it in the back corner of the oven.

good idea Uncle Jimmy.. the small candle ( like the ones in church ) will do Pizza dough ? 3593629538

Yes! ... We have these Jewish Candles that tina bought for 10 cents at a clearence sale in K-Mart years ago.Tey are not sticks; but are in glass jars. They are not scented, and we used them for power failures. They work perfectly, and they last for a long long time.

11Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

But, Jimmy.....is that Kosher???

12Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:But, Jimmy.....is that Kosher???

YES.... nothing but the best!

13Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Since you don't have an oven light, why not put a pan of water you boiled in the back of the oven (not under the dough).  I remember doing this years ago when the kitchen was cold (the way I like the house year round).

If you think that would be too hot, just put in "faucet hot" water.

14Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:Since you don't have an oven light, why not put a pan of water you boiled in the back of the oven (not under the dough).  I remember doing this years ago when the kitchen was cold (the way I like the house year round).

If you think that would be too hot, just put in "faucet hot" water.

That works Crybaby... I used to do that when we had the oven with no pilot light.

Thanks for the tip.

15Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:30 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

For a real nice stretchy dough, make the dough and let it rest in room temperature, then place in a greased bowl and wrap with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge overnight. It will proof in the fridge and the next day, remove about an hour before you want to use it and it will stretch out beautifully. But you have to use a high gluten flour such as bread flour.

16Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:03 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jetfan, that avatar of a pizza just tells the story! Mmmmm!

17Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:52 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

ok one of my grands is coming over tonight & he wants pizza.so it will be made on the grill. No way am I turning on my oven at 500`.

18Pizza dough ? Empty Re: Pizza dough ? Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It tasts better done on the grill....as long as the mosquitoes aren't waiting for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum