Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A HUGE WELCOME

+12
Crybaby
Bugster2
thesweetestpea
Imelda HL
Great Grandma Evelyn
UNCLE JIMMY
jetfan27
bethk
LisaSD
NormM
cookingirl
Barbara101
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Hi Norm! Long time, no speak! I would have been here a long time ago only I didn't know where everybody had gone. I finally contacted Rich and asked and here I am! I have been going through withdrawal sinced the other forum shut down. I really missed you guys.

52 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Well, I finally found my way here. So this is where everybody went to! I recognize many names from the old forum. I have missed you all. I hope I can be a good contributor to the forum.
 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 940422454 Yay! Bugster2 is here!

Remember me? "Retired Italian" ( Jimmy ) on the old forum!

Great to have you on our pleasant busload of great people!

Welcome to the neighborhood Girl!

Why, You could have found us easily. All you had to do was click your heels three times, and say;"I wish I could find a friendly neighborhood!" and the Good Witch from the East ? or was it the West...??? Probably the South, would have gladly granted your wish! hahahahahahaha

53 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:47 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Well, I finally found my way here. So this is where everybody went to! I recognize many names from the old forum. I have missed you all. I hope I can be a good contributor to the forum.

Why, You could have found us easily. All you had to do was click your heels three times, and say;"I wish I could find a friendly neighborhood!" and the Good Witch from the East ? or was it the West...??? Probably the South, would have gladly granted your wish! hahahahahahaha

How could I forget you? I still remember your first story about the kids gagging on onion skins!

54 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

How could I forget you? I still remember your first story about the kids gagging on onion skins!

Yeah! hhahahaha... They still Gag.
I told them," You darn kids gag on your own tongue in your own mouth!"

55 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:14 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 RosesWTOG

Hi Bugs.

Glad you joined us.I love you

Barb..

56 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:23 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad you found us, Bugster !

We're having fun. I'm sure you know everyone.

beth

57 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:57 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Welcome Buster!!!

You will love it here--nice and friendly!
 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 1838020472 

A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 2876911673 

A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 940422454 

58 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:23 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Good to see you again!!!

59 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:22 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I'm glad you're here, too, Bug. It really is a nice, friendly place to be even though there's not too many of us!

60 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Niagara Visitor

I'm back also! Niagara visitor now, Niagarahost on the old cooking.com forum. I made it here once in July, then got real busy and forgot my ID etc. Busy, busy, because hubby is not well has been placed in a nursing home. He has Progressive supranuclear Palsy. A terrible debilitating brain disorder similar to Parkinsons, ALS and a couple of other horrible things. This caused him to have several serious falls which caused two separate brain bleeds. He could not be looked after at home, so a nursing home was the only option.

Sorry to tell you such a downer, but I thought some of you may have been wondering what happened after he broke his ankle in March.

61 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 pm

JanaAZ

Niagara Visitor wrote:I'm back also! Niagara visitor now, Niagarahost on the old cooking.com forum.  I made it here once in July, then got real busy and forgot my ID etc.  Busy, busy, because hubby is not well has been placed in a nursing home.  He has Progressive supranuclear Palsy.  A terrible debilitating brain disorder similar to Parkinsons, ALS and a couple of other horrible things.  This caused him to have several serious falls which caused two separate brain bleeds.  He could not be looked after at home, so a nursing home was the only option.

Sorry to tell you such a downer, but I thought some of you may have been wondering what happened after he broke his ankle in March.
I was thinking about you the other day. I'm sorry to hear your hubby isn't doing well. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you. We're all here for you if you need us.

62 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Welcome back Niagra!

63 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Niagara Visitor

Thanks, everyone. I realize that some of you have also gone through the loss of a partner. This is, in my opinion very different, it's not a death, it's not a divorce, but it is a life changing, and unfortunately a permanent separation. At this time, I seem to have a lot of time on my hands, and have realized now just how much time we spent together after he retired. You know, we live on a farm, so we'd be outside doing something, and one of us would say "Isn't it time for a beer break?" Beer breaks are no fun alone. So, I will come here and visit.

64 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Good to see you Back Niagara Visitor.
So sorry to hear of Hubs outcome. I'm sure he is in good hands.

Tina and I will pray for his comfort, and for your strength at all times. God Bless!

Jimmy

65 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagra Visitor wrote:I'm back also! Niagara visitor now, Niagarahost on the old cooking.com forum. I made it here once in July, then got real busy and forgot my ID etc. Busy, busy, because hubby is not well has been placed in a nursing home. He has Progressive supranuclear Palsy. A terrible debilitating brain disorder similar to Parkinsons, ALS and a couple of other horrible things. This caused him to have several serious falls which caused two separate brain bleeds. He could not be looked after at home, so a nursing home was the only option.

It's nice to see you again, Niagra. You and your husband will be in my prayers. And please take your beer breaks here!

66 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:34 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Niagara Visitor wrote:I'm back also! Niagara visitor now, Niagarahost on the old cooking.com forum.  I made it here once in July, then got real busy and forgot my ID etc.  Busy, busy, because hubby is not well has been placed in a nursing home.  He has Progressive supranuclear Palsy.  A terrible debilitating brain disorder similar to Parkinsons, ALS and a couple of other horrible things.  This caused him to have several serious falls which caused two separate brain bleeds.  He could not be looked after at home, so a nursing home was the only option.

Hey, I was talking about you and your hubby last night, to my hubby. Sorry he is not doing well, last I heard he was going to be in your downstairs master bedroom. Glad to see you here.

67 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Niagara Visitor

Yes, he was in our master bedroom for about three weeks. Total nursing care 24 hours a day 7 days a week until a bed in a long term facility could be found. The agreement with our health care system is such that they will pay for total home care in hubby's case for up to three months. That place was found in the facility which was my first choice very quickly.. Ironically, it is a place in which my husband's company laid every brick block and stone in 1972-1975.

He is doing well in the facility, I go every day to have lunch with him, he is safe, and that's about all I can ask for.

68 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Niagara Visitor

Trying to move forward, I have purchased a condo in the city.  O.K.  Purchased is perhaps a little premature.  My offer has been accepted, my lawyer has to examine the condo corporation's status certificate, then I own it.  check it out http://www.soldbyhenny.com/details2/mls/N30025618

Last edited by Niagara Visitor on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

69 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

That is a spectacular place. Wish you all the luck getting it.
Gee... You should probably get a telescope to check out the sites from way up high.

70 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Niagara Visitor

Thanks it's pretty much a done deal.  Building is in good shape, many owners have been there for 20+ years.  I will be moving from 6 bedrooms to one, so there's a lot of purging to be done.  Little by little I am working on it.  Now I need to find someone who wants this place.
Apparently on a clear day I can see across Lake Ontario to see Toronto!

71 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:40 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:Thanks it's pretty much a done deal.  Building is in good shape, many owners have been there for 20+ years.  I will be moving from 6 bedrooms to one, so there's a lot of purging to be done.  Little by little I am working on it.  Now I need to find someone who wants this place.
Apparently on a clear day I can see across Lake Ontario to see Toronto!
It's a very nice place, NV. I'm so glad you got it so you can be close to your husband and visit every day as you've gotten used to. I know it must be hard to get rid of so much "stuff," but hopefully, it might also be liberating. I hope it's not a chore that puts too much on you right now as you seem to have just about enough on your plate.

Again, you guys are in my prayers.

72 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:01 am

LisaSD

LisaSD

NV, it's a sweet new beginning under sad circumstances. Wish I could come out there and put my Estate Sale knowledge to work for you to purge the things at the B & B! In the end, it's just stuff and the sooner you have it off your hands, the sooner you'll feel relief! Looking on the bright side, you are blessed that a proper diagnosis was made for your husband's symptoms and you aren't searching for answers anymore. I pray for you because it seems that life has dealt you more than your fair share of burdens and heartache. I know this group of caring people is here for you!

73 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:49 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Speaking from experience, Niagara, I can say it is a joy to not have the massive amount of "stuff" any more. I still have a few small things to bring from Ohio (hopefully I'll get to bring it when we drive back to Ohio next week), dishes & utensils I didn't have room to bring on our first driving trip after we bought our villa.

Being on the 12th floor will give you a feeling of safety and the view is AMAZING! My home in Ohio had a large screened porch surrounding my kitchen and I loved sitting out there. Here in my villa I have a walled courtyard to sit in - and it's filled with sunshine most of the time! In Ohio I heard constant noise from the trucks driving on the State Route 1/4 mile away, vehicles driving in front of the house, etc. In the evening and early morning here I hear the birds and the rustle of the palm fronds on my very own palm tree.....peaceful. We bought this place last December and I couldn't be happier.

The fact that you will be able to visit with your husband and you won't have to deal with the day-to-day work at the B&B will allow you more time to take time for yourself. It takes time to adjust and there will be things you miss, or think you miss, but greet each day with an open heart and allow the peace to surround you.

Congratulations on your purchase! It's beautiful and looks just perfect for you.

74 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Very nice place, and you'll love some of what downsizing means and not some of what it means, it's been an adjustment for us. But this is a smart move and will make life easier. I miss large bedrooms and a master bath, but I have a huge kitchen/dining area which is big plus for me. But you have the big master suite which you'll enjoy. I love your view.

75 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 3 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It looks like a lovely condo! Small but not too small. Plenty of room to turn around in. You must have a great view being 12 floors up. An indoor pool too. What a luxury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum