Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A HUGE WELCOME

+12
Crybaby
Bugster2
thesweetestpea
Imelda HL
Great Grandma Evelyn
UNCLE JIMMY
jetfan27
bethk
LisaSD
NormM
cookingirl
Barbara101
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

16 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:45 pm

NormM

NormM

Welcome Evelyn. This is a nice place. I think you will like it a lot.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

17 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

Thank you, Norm. Are you the Norm I remember from the old forum?

18 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:00 pm

NormM

NormM

Yes, the same one.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

19 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

That is good news! I feel at home already!

20 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Welcome.. Grandma Evelyn..  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 3602300868   I don't think we've virtually met before.. I'm Imelda and I joined CC just before they closed the website

21 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Evelyn, the old cooking.com forum had announced they were closing the site in September or October of 2012 if I remember the date correctly. One of the members, Rich (aka The Mad Hunky) got together with another friend of his and started a forum for all the members to continue to share their cooking experiences and love of food. Along the way one of the newer members decided to use the forum as a chat room for subjects apart from food or cooking and took a distinct dislike for Barb and me. After one particularly nasty exchange Barb and I decided to cut our losses and just stop participating in the conversations. It ceased to be fun and I was afraid my comments were becoming a distraction to the general membership, something I never wanted to have happen.

So, a few weeks later Barb approached me about starting our own forum and we invited the friends you see here, all good people who enjoy sharing our passion for cooking, foods and friendship. We didn't want to suggest to anyone to choose "us" or "them" but rather were invited to stop here whenever the spirit moves them. When I stopped posting at the other forum there was a good deal of discussion about wondering why, but I just didn't want to continue being the distraction I seemed to be.

So, that's the story and I'm sticking to it....lol suffice it to say we just want to have a fun little forum without nastiness and name calling and the such. Many of the original members of the c.com forum had stopped posting, one I truly miss a lot is Highlands (aka - Jean) who was a dear friend who just disappeared. Hopefully we will continue to enjoy each others company for many years....and sharing our ideas for cooking and food in general.

22 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

Thank you for sharing that, Beth. I remember Highlands and noticed that there were no more posts from her. Before I realized that Highlands was a female, I thought that it was Mario Batali in disguise! LOL! Silly me! I don't appreciate disrespect either and insensitive posts. Offensive posts should not be part of a friendly cooking forum. Each person is entitled to his/her opinion without forcing it upon others. I remember the GREEN PAN arguments/accusations. I am here to share cooking recipes, ideas, pictures, discussions related to food, diet,
healthful suggestions, medical findings as related to food, food equipment, new gadgets, discussions of the cooking programs, etc.
I filled out my profile...I hope it went through. I am not sure what it means by signing up for a forum and what is FREE FORUM? And where does one find the Smileys or the ability to change the color of the font?

23 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, sure, now you think you can ask technical questions....LOL

I'm not sure how to change the color, but I'll bet Jimmy and Imelda can tell you.

The smileys show up if you touch the yellow smiley face at the top of the posting area.  Barb has been wonderful about finding and downloading a bunch of different ones that pertain to cooking   A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 512660330 or show our mood on a particular day  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 1450907917 just play around and have fun with them.

24 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

And thank you, Imelda. By the time you joined the old forum, I was too busy doing medical research for my cancer so that I would be able to ask the doctors intelligent questions and to be able to know of what they were speaking! Overall, many mistakes have been made in my medical care....the Stage 3 lung cancer was not seen on two routine x-rays and might never have been treated had my niece not transferred me to NY Presbyterian where they found it and put the abdominal problem on hold and addressed the lung cancer, a scan noted that my "prostate gland was grossly unremarkable"...I am a female and they were looking at a residual part of my hysterectomy, the night nurse insisted on giving me Lovenox at night which s a blood thinner when I was hemorrhaging badly during the day. My primary care doctor forgot to rescind the order! Nowadays, one has to be his/her own advocate. Thank God my brain is still working!

25 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

Thank you, Beth, but I don't see any yellow smiley at the top of the post or any place where colors can be changed. Perhaps it is because this new equipment is an iPad. I wonder if anyone else with an iPad sees them???? I bet they can be seen on my desk top computer back home...2,000 miles away!

26 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Geeze Louise, Evelyn....you should have gone with the prostrate problem and sold your story to The Enquirer, you'd be a millionaire by now. Of course, it may have meant you couldn't father any more children, but, hey, there are worse problems.....

It is scary to even think about having serious medical problems today. Some of the hospital staff are just there to get a pay check. But then you meet and get helped by some absolutely wonderfully caring and competent staff and that makes such a great difference. Keep a long knitting needle by your bedside and if anyone gets out of line, just give 'em a poke and they'll go away !

27 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Great Grandma Evelyn wrote:Thank you, Beth, but I don't see any yellow smiley at the top of the post or any place where colors can be changed. Perhaps it is because this new equipment is an iPad. I wonder if anyone else with an iPad sees them???? I bet they can be seen on my desk top computer back home...2,000 miles away!

I'm on an IPad as well. Somewhere I remember seeing a button for "normal" or some such wording. It changed the way I saw the layout of the site. Gosh, I wish I had a better memory or could recreate it so I could say for sure.

I'll keep looking and get back to you when I figure it out.

28 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

Yes, Beth. Regarding the so called "prostate " discovery, I kept saying (kiddingly) "My mother never told me!!!" I made them correct my records! By the way, that was the same radiology department that missed the lung cancer on TWO chest x-rays!!! It makes one wonder how many mistakes are missed!

29 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty I don't know what I hit but.... Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

[b][LOOK Rolling Eyes ! I have discovered color! A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 4137497845 and Smileys! I hope I can find this place again! I feel like a kid let loose in a candy factory! LOL! It doesn't take much to make me happy! I hope this works.

30 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Great Grandma Evelyn wrote:Thank you, "little brother" Jimmy, for sending my post to the forum and thank you, Beth, for the welcome! I have been enjoying the posts while waiting to become a member. How long has cooking.com been closed? I wonder if there is any way to retrieve some of the old recipes that were posted. I had copied and pasted many of them and printed them. I even bought many folders with the idea of sorting them out into little cookbooks...all Chinese, all beef, all chicken, all appetizers, all soups, etc. Did the members know about this forum or did this forum come after?C It would be nice to be able to let them know that cooking friends does exist.  There were many who posted wonderful recipes!  Thank you, Jimmy, for telling me about it!

You are welcome Evelyn.
It really looks like you took off, and made a great landing on your first visit of many more.
When you start feeling better, am looking forward to seeing and hearing of some of those great Camping Trip Cookout Recipe's. Also can't wait till you get the clams and crabs recipes boiling.
When you are rested and when you get stronger kid!  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 4056093967 

I don't know if I mentioned, my computer in the kitchen with all the recipes and such, burned a chip on the motherboard. I am looking into trying some things I heard on the internet to get around some issues like that, and if they work; even to spin the hard drive so I can extract my files, it would be nice. If not...I will pick up a reconditioned one from dell with Windows 7 Operating System format cheap. I'll give it to Tina because She hates Windows 8 Operating System. It's too sensitive and irky ma jerkies the kid all over the place.  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 2787578702 

So if I lost those bean salad recipes, I will be knocking on G G Evelyns member door asking for it.     A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 2876911673 

31 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:08 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Welcome Grandma Evelyn!!  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 911454047 
It is great to have you join our group!
I am cookingirl, aka cyn
I have followed Beth and Barbara thru 3 different groups to here. I lurk more than post....I love reading about everyone. Up early on Sunday morning for Church...
 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 940422454 

Great Grandma Evelyn

Hi Jimmy,
    Thank goodness when my hard drive died, all of my recipes were stored in a RECIPE folder on AOL. They were never lost. I can resend any of them...including the ones that you had sent to me!!!  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 3593629538 
I just need to figure out how to get my recipes and photos to the forum as I haven't mastered copy and paste on this iPad. It was so easy with my old Dell desktop!  But you know me...I NEVER give up trying! I will figure this out! Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!! LOL! Woof, woof!

33 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Thank you for the warm welcome, Cookingirl! Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

I remember your name, too!  Thank you for that warm hug!
Unfortunately, I missed my 50th College reunion (State University at Oneonta, NY -1959-1963) this June but this is feeling like a reunion of sorts!   A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 3561122519

34 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Great Grandma Evelyn wrote:Hi Jimmy,
    Thank goodness when my hard drive died, all of my recipes were stored in a RECIPE folder on AOL. They were never lost. I can resend any of them...including the ones that you had sent to me!!!   A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 3593629538 
    I just need to figure out how to get my recipes and photos to the forum as I haven't mastered copy and paste on this iPad. It was so easy with my old Dell desktop!  But you know me...I NEVER give up trying! I will figure this out! Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!! LOL! Woof, woof!

Hi Evelyn, ... I did ask the kids last night because they were here for Chinese Supper, but they didn't know. hahaha #1... The do not know or have access to a Forum of any kind. And #2, they all have iPones: not iPads which are supposedly different. IDK.
I know one thing, and that is They have G-Mail accounts, and use G-mail for communicationg.
I remember I had the Droid Motorola touch screen, and I gave it to my cousin because it was too small for me to see the small screen. I remember, I had to get a G-mail account just to access the internet, or something of that nature.

I could not use a iPad or G-pad or whatever; because I need a keyboard like on the laptop to hit the keys without hitting too many at the same time. Did you get a remote keyboard with youirs??

See the youirs spelling? Even this logitech keyboard is to small. hahahahaha

35 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Good morning "Little Brother" Jimmy! Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

Jimmy wrote: Did you get a remote keyboard with youirs??

Good morning, Jimmy! Initially, I was going to get a separate keyboard for this 9"or 10" iPad but this keyboard that shows up as soon as I tap the screen to write is large enough and, the best part, is that it is white with black letters so I can see it better than the old black keyboard! Right now I have enlarged it so it is even bigger than my desk top keyboard. The only thing I find is that many times an n or m is inserted putting two words together. I don't think my finger is accidentally hitting the m or n. Also, if I put a period after a.m. For example, the next letter automatically starts with a capital...see the word "For"! And if I want to write "into", very often the keyboard assumes that I am writing the word I so it comes out as "I nto"There are three levels of keyboard but I mastered them in no time! I am not going to purchase a separate keyboard!
    What are you cooking today???

36 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Great Grandma Evelyn wrote:Jimmy wrote: Did you get a remote keyboard with youirs??

Good morning, Jimmy! Initially, I was going to get a separate keyboard for this 9"or 10" iPad but this keyboard that shows up as soon as I tap the screen to write is large enough and, the best part, is that it is white with black letters so I can see it better than the old black keyboard! Right now I have enlarged it so it is even bigger than my desk top keyboard. The only thing I find is that many times an n or m is inserted putting two words together. I don't think my finger is accidentally hitting the m or n. Also, if I put a period after a.m. For example, the next letter automatically starts with a capital...see the word "For"! And if I want to write "into", very often the keyboard assumes that I am writing the word I so it comes out as "I nto"There are three levels of keyboard but I mastered them in no time! I am not going to purchase a separate keyboard!
    What are you cooking today???

Cooking Boiled Keyboards and roasted iPhones! LOL

Actually...easy Hot Doggies with Chili Sauce. Easy!
It's a Hazy Humid Day Today! Nice and Cool in the house though!
So what we save in food requirements for today, we will just put that $$$ in the cup for the Electric Bill Payment. $ It's Only Munnnn Eeeeee!

37 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:58 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, They do sell a stylus, it is like a pen for the touch screens. They invented it for the same reason. It is easier to tap letters with the stylus instead of 2 for 1!!!! bounce  affraid 

38 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:02 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Today is just broiled salmon steak, olive oil and lemon juice along with a salad.....I am not in a cooking mood....sigh Sad 
I did too much work today! Cleaned the extra bathroom, washed out and changed Artie's litter box, and washed the extra one also; vacuumed; and did 4 loads of laundry~~oh, watered the plants on the balcony .......jeesh, no wonder why I am tired!  A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 1450907917 
But, I am so grateful for central air!!   A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 2453703928

39 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, They do sell a stylus, it is like a pen for the touch screens. They invented it for the same reason. It is easier to tap letters with the stylus instead of 2 for 1!!!!  bounce   affraid 

I have a whole bunch of the stylus'. Used Lollypop Sticks from my Tootsiepops.

40 A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 Empty Re: A HUGE WELCOME Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

A HUGE WELCOME - Page 2 RosesWTOG

Thank you for signing on to our little family of cooking friends.

Jimmy has spoken of you so often I feel like I know you.

I hope you join in with some great food recipes.

Barb flower Beth partner in crime (oh I mean we think alike) geek 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum