Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crappy Computer Viruses.....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Crappy Computer Viruses..... Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My PC came down with that crappy Reimage malware/virus. Locked up my Internet Explorer so if I try to get anywhere that is the only choice I have. Funny, but I didn't have near that problem before I had to convert to Windows 10.....infuriates me. There goes another $50 to the computer guy.

What's interesting is I can still use my Chrome browser and it doesn't seem to be affected.

Wish I knew how to get rid of the darn thing by myself.

Right now I'm using the MacBook Lyn gave me to use. She and Bill got a couple other laptops so this one was an extra so she said to just use it for as long as I want.

Speaking of Lyn, she is doing really well after her second knee replacement just 3 days ago (Tuesday). I took her to her therapy assessment this morning and the therapist said she was again in the top 3% for range of motion. I can't believe how well she is walking and moving considering just 3 days ago they cut her leg in half and inserted a new part. Gives me 'the willies' just thinking about it.

She knows in about 4 or 5 more days the excess meds that were injected in the leg will wear off and she'll be in much more pain but for right now she's doing great and is able to keep up with her exercise schedule without much of a problem. She doesn't take the pain meds unless she's going to therapy, just the muscle relaxers to keep her leg from tightening up.

They also changed her meds to different than the first surgery because what she was on that time made her really queasy and she had trouble eating. This time she's able to eat small meals and that's helping her overall well being. I just try to get a fair amount of protein and calcium included in her diet. She likes to make smoothies with her Ninja blender so I've been sure to have some at the ready in the refrigerator so she can have a small glass about every hour.

2Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:17 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

It's really amazing what can be done today to the human body, isn't it?! Glad your friend is doing well, Beth. She's lucky to have you around as a friend, too.

When you see the huge list of drugs given to someone who is operated on to "put them under," it's amazing nausea isn't more of a problem with anyone recuperating from surgery.

3Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:My PC came down with that crappy Reimage malware/virus.  Locked up my Internet Explorer so if I try to get anywhere that is the only choice I have.  Funny, but I didn't have near that problem before I had to convert to Windows 10.....infuriates me.  There goes another $50 to the computer guy.

What's interesting is I can still use my Chrome browser and it doesn't seem to be affected.  

Wish I knew how to get rid of the darn thing by myself.

Right now I'm using the MacBook Lyn gave me to use.  She and Bill got a couple other laptops so this one was an extra so she said to just use it for as long as I want.  

Speaking of Lyn, she is doing really well after her second knee replacement just 3 days ago (Tuesday).  I took her to her therapy assessment this morning and the therapist said she was again in the top 3% for range of motion.  I can't believe how well she is walking and moving considering just 3 days ago they cut her leg in half and inserted a new part.  Gives me 'the willies' just thinking about it.

She knows in about 4 or 5 more days the excess meds that were injected in the leg will wear off and she'll be in much more pain but for right now she's doing great and is able to keep up with her exercise schedule without much of a problem.  She doesn't take the pain meds unless she's going to therapy, just the muscle relaxers to keep her leg from tightening up.

They also changed her meds to different than the first surgery because what she was on that time made her really queasy and she had trouble eating.  This time she's able to eat small meals and that's helping her overall well being.  I just try to get a fair amount of protein and calcium included in her diet.  She likes to make smoothies with her Ninja blender so I've been sure to have some at the ready in the refrigerator so she can have a small glass about every hour.

I don't know if this will help but give it a try. Google MALWAREBYTES. You can get a free 14 day trial. Run the scan and see if it can isolate the malware and get rid of it for you.

4Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My computer guy installed Malwarebytes on my computer a couple years ago. But I was talking to another guy at exercise class and he suggested when I take my pc in to have the crap removed I ask him to 'hide' the Internet Explorer browser icon and start using FireFox. Dane uses the pc using Chrome browser and it's not infected....just IE.

It just makes me so mad. That crap is such an inconvenience. I'm just glad I have this MacBook to use.

5Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:My computer guy installed Malwarebytes on my computer a couple years ago.  But I was talking to another guy at exercise class and he suggested when I take my pc in to have the crap removed I ask him to 'hide' the Internet Explorer browser icon and start using FireFox.  Dane uses the pc using Chrome browser and it's not infected....just IE.  

It just makes me so mad.  That crap is such an inconvenience.  I'm just glad I have this MacBook to use.

Sometimes if you just shut down your computer you lose the malware and you can run your antivirus and whatever to make sure your computer is clean.

6Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:39 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tried that and it didn't work. Every time I open IE it's not on my MSN home page but on the image....crap site. My computer guy said once the virus or malware finds a way into your computer it holds the door for a bunch of others.

So, I just have to wait for him to get back from vacation so he can clean it up for me and remove the Internet Explorer (without losing all my 'favorites' list). Then I'll start using a different browser.

It just seems so odd to me that Chrome isn't affected at all this time. Usually Dane is the one to use Chrome and I swear, all the other crap like this came from his trolling around......Of course, I blame HIM! LOL

7Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sorry about the problem. I got one the other day and shut down my computer. I don't know if it is still lurking around or not.

8Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Why don't you try using Chrome? You can import your favorites into Chrome so you don't lose them prior to taking the computer to your guy if you want. I just did it on mine and am giving Chrome the occasional try...

9Crappy Computer Viruses..... Empty Re: Crappy Computer Viruses..... Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane and I use different browsers....that way he doesn't mess with MY stuff (my home page, my favorites, etc.).

My home page is set for MSN and his is AOL ~ that's what each of us was use to when we worked so it just carried over to our home computer.

Right now I'm just fine with having different computers! No waiting for him to get up from playing HIS dumb games when I want to sit and waste away an hour or so playing MY fun & stimulating games.

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum