Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zucchini Flat "Bread"

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Zucchini Flat "Bread" on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:40 pm

bethk

Admin
Zucchini Flat ‘Bread’
Candy Cheski Flaggert Emch via Facebook

3 small or 1 large Zucchini – grated
1/3 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 T. Garlic Powder
½ t. Garlic Salt
1 Large Egg
½ c. Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 c. Grated Mild Cheddar Cheese

Put grated zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix in the parmesan cheese, garlic powder & garlic salt, and the egg and mix well.
Spread on parchment paper on baking sheet to about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees
Remove from oven ~ . Spread with 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1/3 cup Mild Cheddar cheeses ... bake 10 more minutes at 350 degrees or until melted

Candy's mention on Facebook:
The way I made it ... Grate 3 small or 1 large Zucchini, combine with 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, TB Garlic Powder, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, large egg ... mix well. Put into towel and squeeze out as much juice as you can. Spread on parchment paper on baking sheet to about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Spread with 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1/3 cup Mild Cheddar cheeses ... bake 10 more minutes at 350 degrees or until melted ... VERY TASTY!!

Beth's notes:

This was 'interesting'. IF you are looking for a low carb meal, this could just be for you! To my taste, it was OK, but nothing I would plan to make again. It reminded me of the internet craze for the 'Cauliflower Crust Pizza', which I cannot eat. I did take some 'cooking license' by adding some red onion and only using grated mozzarella as a topping cheese.

Here's what it looked like after baking 20 minutes at 400°:

Then I added the red onion slices (which had been soaked in ice water for 10 minutes to remove the 'sharpness' of the veg) and then back into the 400° oven for another 20 minutes:

The heaping cup of grated mozzarella was added to the top and back into the oven at 350° for another 10 minutes:

When baked for the total time I eased off the parchment paper and put the flat 'bread' on a cooling rack and let it sit in the turned off oven for an addition 10 minutes to dry the bottom of the 'bread'. Then it got cooled for 5 minutes and cut with a pizza cutter:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum