Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!!

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 20]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Post that in the recipe section......where I can find it when I want it!

((please))

Barbara101

Barbara101

I should do that with all my meals and baking . My bad . I will later, on my phone right now.

NormM

NormM

I made tacos tonight.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 DSCN3476_zpstglunmvb

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

Awesome. I bought stuff to make them too, I love tacos!!!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Mexican grocerie next to vet, I love looking around the store. They look at me like , why are you in here lol

81May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 05, 2016 10:28 pm

NormM

NormM

bethk wrote:
NormM wrote:One of our cats is OK on the dinner table because she is able to contribute to the conversation.

What cat-agories is she proficient in?

LOL

she likes to discuss whatever we are having for dinner that day.

82May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 05, 2016 10:31 pm

NormM

NormM

There is a Mexican store just a few blocks from here too.

83May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 05, 2016 10:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Mex%20peppers

Mexican stuffed peppers

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Mex%20peppers2

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Mex%20peppers3

Looking great those Mexi-peppers.
L00K... the middle picture, the peppers are laughing! Laughing

84May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks ..meatless and no sauce..I thought they would be dry but they where not..

85May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Refresh my pea brain: who is Maynard?

Maynard G. Krebs......Dobie Gillis......circa 1965 (?)

How could I forget Maynard G. Krebbs but I must have missed a post somewhere because I have no idea what you are talking about.LOL.

86May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 05, 2016 11:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was scant. Tina was out running errands, so I came in from helping the neighbor replace a Wheel hub and bearing on his SUV....so I just threw a few slices of bologna on some bread, and chomped it down with bites of green scallions.

Then when T mommy came home, she made some kind of sausage cream soup with kale.
I will try a cup and see how it is, but it will have to be for tomorrows lunch.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OKay! ... the lowdown on the sausage soup! ... I had a cup of it, I couldn't find the Kale, but I did find three cubed potatoes. The cream was added heavy cream, but it was like watered down milk. To put it bluntly.....I told Tina, it was like having a cup of hot milk that someone dropped their big breakfast meal into it at MacDonalds.
I don't know where she got the recipe from. Probably Eating Light. It's healthy all right. I didn't eat much; so I guess that's considered healthy.

It wasn't Tinas fault, and I understand that. The soup needed thickening. Period!

Ok.... I found the recipe:
Olive Garden Copycat... "Zuppa Toscano" <<--- there's the answer right there.
I do not like Olive Garden cooking. Here it is below! Just looking at this tells me NO Want!!!

http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:OKay! ... the lowdown on the sausage soup! ... I had a cup of it, I couldn't find the Kale, but I did find three cubed potatoes. The cream was added heavy cream, but it was like watered down milk. To put it bluntly.....I told Tina, it was like having a cup of hot milk that someone dropped their big breakfast meal into it at MacDonalds.
I don't know where she got the recipe from. Probably Eating Light. It's healthy all right. I didn't eat much; so I guess that's considered healthy.

It wasn't Tinas fault, and I understand that. The soup needed thickening. Period!

Ok.... I found the recipe:
I do not like Olive Garden cooking. Here it is below! Just looking at this tells me NO Want!!!

http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298

Jimmy.....that is probably one of my favorite foods of all time!  I make it often just for me because Mr. Amazing doesn't like the hot Italian sausage I use for it.  But I add more kale than it calls for because (everyone knows) I LOVE KALE!  I also double up on the hot pepper flakes and I add a couple shots of hot pepper sauce to the finished soup.  It's a broth based soup (healthy) that is finished with a bit of heavy cream, just to give the feel of a cream soup.  It's not suppose to be like a can of Cream of Chicken soup....all thick and 'sticks to your spoon'.  

It's also one of the soups I made a 'low calorie' version of, used canned evaporated fat-free milk instead of cream and cauliflower instead of potatoes. I messed around perfecting the recipe when I was making meals for my cousin who was trying to stick to Weight Watchers meal plan.

Tell Tina to keep it on the back burner and I'll come and finish it with her today.

89May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 10:43 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:Ok.... I found the recipe:

We've never been to Olive Garden, as we don't go to chain restaurants very much.  We always leave and talk about what we could've cooked for the amount of money we spent and how much better it would have been.  When you're used to good food at home, it's hard to enjoy yourself unless you're at a very nice New Orleans restaurant.  And Lord knows, we have some good restaurants here to choose from if we're in the mood to eat out.

90May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 10:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Salmon en Papillote..making this for dinner..

"Zuppa Toscano'  do not like this soup at all. Mad Mad Mad

91May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 11:30 am

NormM

NormM

But I thought Olive Garden chef's were all trained by a famous chef in Tuscany! Probably more like a high school kid who just learned how to defrost stuff in the microwave.

92May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 11:34 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Tell Tina to keep it on the back burner and I'll come and finish it with her today.

Ok she said.
Me, I'll wait till she thickens it like cream of mushroom soup. Smile

93May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I tried Olive Garden once. I should have known better because the restaurant was empty at 5pm. We found out. BUT, I must say I have an Olive Garden copycat recipe for minestrone that is easy and actually good.

94May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Olive Garden copycat recipe for minestrone that is easy and actually good.

My minestrone is the best..Just sayin.. cheers

Bugster2

Bugster2

Did you ever post the recipe?

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Did you ever post the recipe?
About 10 times lol

Posted under odds and ends recipes.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Looks great but now DH has to go on a low sodium diet and I am afraid the sausage and possibly the tortellini might be verboten. Roomie is allergic to bell peppers so that I why I probably passed over it. I could omit the bells but they have such a distinctive taste that the soup wouldn't taste remotely like it should.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I love it and I am low sodium and type 2 diabetes and I'm just not going to leave this world by not having what I want to eat now and then.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I love it and I am low sodium and type 2 diabetes and I'm just not going to leave this world by not having what I want to eat now and then.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 940422454 I second "Now and Then"  May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 940422454  May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 911454047

No No... seriously. Like me. I love pickles, but I know that good, is the salt they are cured in. So I only limit myself to once or twice a month.

100May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 06, 2016 3:51 pm

NormM

NormM

Julia Child said 'Everything in moderation... including moderation"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum