Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trying to buy a coffeepot

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:56 am

Barbara101

They are all crap. No No

2 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:07 am

bethk

Admin
Yeah, I know what you mean.....mine is STILL leaking. I just set it on a dry dish cloth when I start to brew. LOL

I know I'll end up buying something cheap because I'm not that 'into' coffee like you are. One cup is the same as the next to me. I just don't like strong coffee. So, see? It doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other.

Good luck to you, though. I hope you can find one you like.

3 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 am

cookingirl

Beth, I like my Keurig. You can buy the mild coffee pods and brew a large cup. It is very easy to do. Or you can buy the reusable pod and put your own coffee in it.

For one of two cups, it is worth it. You can even use it to heat up water and not have to have a water kettle on the stove.

I do not like nuking tea in the microwave. The cup gets too hot to handle. Too me, the tea does not seem to steep as well as using either the water kettle or the water from the Keurig.

Barb, I can not help you there. I know Cuisinart was a good brand. Also the Breveille ones are supposed to be good. Expensive.

4 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:19 am

bethk

Admin
I have a Keurig. Mr. Amazing uses it ~ he likes STRONG coffee. For me, even the mild brands are too strong. I end up brewing a cup and tossing it, then using the same pod for a second & third cup.

But since I like to drink multiple cups of coffee (my thirst in the a.m. is great) I still use a regular drip pot to make about 8 cups of brewed coffee 'my way' ~ thin.

My friend just gave me one of her (extra) Sunbeam Hot Shot water heaters. It's an appliance you add your desired amount of water to the canister, press a button and in seconds have boiled water for tea - mug under spout, press lever and tea is brewing. That, also, is for Mr. Amazing. He had been heating water in my little stainless steel tea pot on the stovetop and has 'forgotten' a couple times and let it boil dry. I think it's ruined. The inside doesn't look any too healthy.

5 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:43 am

Barbara101

I am in the grocery store lol when I get home I can reply better

6 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:00 pm

bethk

Admin
Oh, that's RIGHT.....it's SUNDAY ~ your day to get great deals from the 'scratch & dent' mark-down meat counter! I can't wait to hear what good deals you got today.

7 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:45 pm

NormM

I resisted getting a Keurig. i just knew they were a passing fad and they'd stop making those pods as soon as I got one. I was wrong about that. Not long ago I decided to get a coffeemaker that brewed a smaller amount of coffee and saw one that had a travel mug on one half and a full sized carafe on the other side. The small side used a pod but not a Keurig and sure enough, as soon as I got it, they stopped making that other brand. It has a filter where I can use my own coffee though and I use that every day. It makes about 2 1/2 mugs and the traveler mug keeps it hot. Charlie and Cassie got a Keurig as a wedding present and they put my coffeemaker in the basement. I tried the Keurig a couple of times but didn't like the coffee it made so I went back to using a paper filter and plastic cone over a stainless coffee pot I used way back before Mr. Coffee was invented. They still make those filters for Chemex coffee pots. When Cassie left, she took the Keurig with her so my "old" coffeemaker is back. Ps they stopped making those coffeepots when they stopped making the pods. I think they were on the market for only a couple of months. When I need another coffeemaker, I think I'll just go back to the Chemex filters.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

8 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Oh, that's RIGHT.....it's SUNDAY ~ your day to get great deals from the 'scratch & dent' mark-down meat counter!  I can't wait to hear what good deals you got today.

and I sure did..I will post in a while.I am sitting trying to cool off.and I have loads more to unload from my car..

9 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:12 pm

Barbara101

I do not want a Keurig ..very poor coffeemaker.

I have a 12oz mugs 16oz mugs 24oz mugs..My USA made Bunn makes a 6oz at best..Guess I will have to use 2 kcups. IDK..

I found a great coffee company that makes mesh coffee pods.No crappy plastic ..

Sad to say Keurig makes one that will brew bigger mugs and has a carafe,,Son has one..

Plus they are all made in china..Except Bunn..

My Cuisinart brew central drip is going on 6years old lol..Works great for now but I expect any day for it go..

10 Re: Trying to buy a coffeepot on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 am

Niagara Visitor

I have noticed in Sears and in a very busy restaurant that they have a newer version of the old Melitta cone coffee maker and pot. That's what I had 55 years ago!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum